TFLCM - Chapter 27




"...!"

He realized his mistake, but it was already too late. His pale face began to flush bright red. Eve rubbed her cheek against him, seemingly pleased by the heat emanating from his body.

Noelier, who had no immunity to such things, wanted to get away from her, but had to fight against the selves that did not want to leave.

Eve, who had actually confused him so much, was wandering in dreamland, breathing evenly in colorful tones.

"..."

Looking at the soundly sleeping face, Noelier was overwhelmed by a strange sensation.

A snowy winter forest, the North he despised, a life with little time left as time flows by.

Have you ever imagined the same 'happiness' as you do now amidst that?

Noelier slowly raised his hand and patted Eve's shoulder. Even though it was difficult for him right now, he did not want to disturb her sleep.

"Hnngg..."

It was then. Zion let out a groan and slowly sat up.

“...Sister?”

His sister was asleep, just like him, perhaps having finally finished her walk and returned.

If there is one thing that has changed.

“Uh oh..."

The fact that she was in Noelier's arms.

And that too, with wolf ears showing, just like him.

Normally, he would have jumped up and down, telling them to hurry up and leave, but Zion had just woken up. He couldn't tell if this was a dream or reality.

Zion slowly blinked his eyes and looked around.

There was no dog in sight.

"Puppy..."

"Huh?"

"The puppy..."

Zion rubbed his eyes, dragging out the end of his sentence. Noelier smiled softly and reached out his hand to Zion.

“It's back.”

“Hmm...?”

"The puppy went back home."

A large hand stroked Zion's wolf ears. Drowsy from sleep, Zion giggled and enjoyed the touch, which had become several times hotter.

"Your hands are the best, as expected..."

Drowsy from the warm sensation, Zion burrowed back under the covers. Then, as if suddenly remembering something, he peeked his head out. His sleep-filled eyes caught Eve's wolf ears.

"But, my sister's..."

"Yes!"

"But, my sister's coming home..."

Noelier put his index finger to his lips. Then, smiling softly, he shook his head.

“You're dreaming.”

"Dream?"

"Even if you wake up, this is a secret. Got it?" 

Zion smiled foolishly and nodded. Hmm. As expected, it was a dream. 

Since it was the first time he had ever had such a warm dream, Zion felt simply delighted. 

Lying down with his head resting on his hand, Zion soon drifted back into dreamland. Feeling a sense of comfort, Noelier smiled faintly. Snow was still falling outside the window.

***

A warm sensation enveloped my entire body.

'What is this?'

It was a temperature I had never felt before. Had my body malfunctioned because my cold was so severe? Or had I been caught by Noelier and already turned to ashes?

'I don't like hellfire...'

I frowned as I had a chilling thought.

"...Are you having a nightmare?"

At that moment, someone muttered softly and gently stroked the space between my eyebrows. It was similar to the touch that had stroked me when I transformed into a puppy—no, a wolf.

As his finger touched it, just the right temperature flowed into my body.

It felt warm and cozy, and I felt my body naturally relaxing, so I let out a giggle.

Then, with a small laugh, the finger fell off.

What is it? Give it back.

I reached out my hand, fumbling so as not to miss it. It willingly let itself be caught by me.

When I pulled harder as if beckoning it to come over, it flinched and moved away.

Where are you going? Men and horses.

I pulled at it with all my might, as if I couldn't lose. But it wouldn't budge.

I frowned and slowly approached it. A warm temperature enveloped my body.

"I feel good..."

I dug into it as if Zion were spoiling himself. Then, an embarrassed voice poured down over my head.

"Eve."

"Mmm..."

"...Eve."

A sweet voice, as if soothing me gently, disturbed my deep sleep.

You’ll be called by all the names you’ll ever be called in your life.

I shook my head as if I didn't want to hear it.

I wrapped my arms around it to catch it as it tried to break free. Something firm and warm touched my cheek.

Oh, the texture is extraordinary.

Then, the sound of a violent heartbeat was heard.

Wow. That's really beating fast. I don't know whose heartbeat that is, though.

Really fast...

Heart?

I opened my eyes wide.

"..."

What I saw before my eyes was someone's chest. And a completely disheveled one at that.

'This is crazy.'

I stared blankly at the white, firm chest with my mouth wide open. Then I just rolled my eyes to check my condition.

Fortunately, I was still wearing my clothes. It seemed that the thing I had imagined had not happened.

Ha, but this position clearly looks like someone is being held...

It can't be Zion and Rachel, right? And it certainly can't be some stranger.

No, it's not a stranger.

'This fever is...'

Anxiety consumed my body.

Right. No matter how much I denied it, there was only one conclusion.

I forced my stiff head up.

"...Eve"

"..."

"Now that you're awake, take care of your body..."

Noelier was at a loss for what to do, his ears turning bright red.

"Ah!"

I jumped up, screaming.

“Ugh..."

"It's so noisy..."

Then Zion and Rachel whined as if it were noisy.

"Eve."

Noelier put his index finger to his lips as if to tell me to calm down. I hurriedly covered my mouth. As the surroundings became quiet, the children fell back asleep.

I let out a sigh of relief and lowered the hand covering my mouth. However, the moment our eyes met, I had to cover my mouth again. No matter how much I looked, it was a look I could never get used to.

"...Did you sleep well?

"..."

I nodded silently. Even though I was far from him, my face was burning so hot I felt like I was going to go crazy.

Of course, since I fell asleep with the children, the thing I imagined wouldn't have happened.

But that warmth, no, more than anything, what I touched...

Noelier's chest!

I quickly covered my nose. Just thinking about it made me feel like I was going to get a nosebleed.

'Why did I have to touch it while half-asleep? When I was a bit more sober...!'

No. What am I thinking right now? Being half-asleep wasn't the problem.

It was more important to figure out how I had ended up falling asleep in his arms. I racked my brain, which was frozen with shock.

"...Is there anything bothering you?"

Perhaps finding it strange that I suddenly covered my nose, he asked with a worried look.

I shook my head and fumbled with my nose. Fortunately, there was no nosebleed.

I quietly lowered my hand and mumbled my thoughts.

"Uh, so..."

"Hmm?"

"This is right now..."

Unorganized words lingered in my mouth. The lingering shock was pounding against my head.

Noelier smiled softly, as if reading my bewilderment, and asked.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling perfectly fine..."

"I was worried, but I'm relieved."

"Um. But why would I..."

I was in your arms, weren't I?

Just as I was silently rolling my eyes, a broad, unbuttoned chest caught my eye.

From the outside, I thought he had a slim figure, but seriously...

'Stop!'

I suppressed my instincts and quickly turned my head. Then, I forced my shocked mind to figure out the situation.

So, clearly, I turned into a wolf because of the herbs the merchant gave me.

I pretended to be a puppy to survive.

Then...

I ran into Noelier!

'Wolf!'

I quickly checked my hand. The gray cotton ball had returned to a human hand as if nothing had happened. I fumbled around my head, but I felt nothing. The same was true for my buttocks.

'Did I come back? When on earth?'

Surely not when I fell asleep in his arms?

I rolled my eyes to gauge his reaction. He was still staring at me with a worried expression.

“Why are you doing that?”

"..."

I looked at him with eyes full of wariness.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

Buy Me A Coffee

Comments