ICTFF - Chapter 53



Your taste is (3)

"Aren't you afraid of me?"

"Are you going to whip me if I don't find the right herb?"

"What are you talking about? Why would I... Oh, okay, let's go in."

Inside the hallway, there was a large map hanging. It was a border map between Eldern and Romena, and there were X's marks here and there.

As I was looking closely at the sign, which seemed somehow familiar, I could smell the faint scent of an animal along with the perfume that had been given to Rahon from somewhere.

"I guess there was a hunter living there before Lord Rahon came."

"How did you know? This was a hunter's shelter."

"It smells faintly of leather."

"It's been six months, and you still smell it? Your sense of smell is really sensitive."

After passing through a narrow passage, a small reception room and a staircase leading up appeared.

The interior was neat and simple. The polished wooden floor was covered with thick carpet and there was a fireplace.

The furniture consisted only of a low sofa and two tables. The only decorations were a sword and shield hanging on the wall.

Rahon took off his coat and threw it on the sofa.

"I thought about it, and it seems like it's one of the herbs that grow in the cold season. Most of those types have a refreshing, bitter scent, Iike the perfume you gave me."

"The range has been greatly reduced. Is the hub ready?"

"Nicola is busy collecting them right now. I told him to visit all the herb shops in Eldern, so it'll take some time."

There must be more than one or two herb shops. It must be hard.

"Can't I just buy some spices?"

"The fragrances sold on the market are extracted by mixing solvents with herbs. It is more accurate to identify them by their herbs."

"Oh, I see."

"When Nicola brings the herbs, you have to tell them apart. They smell similar to me. In fact, you're probably the only one who can tell them apart by scent."

"All right."

"I'll give you some tea. Wait."

Rahon put the leaves in a teacup and poured water into the kettle hanging in front of the fireplace. 

"2 gold."

"Here it is."

Just in case, I gave him two gold coins from the pouch I had received from Nadia. Rahon smiled brightly and put the teacup in my hand.

"Millenia, it's hot, so drink carefully."

If you give him money, he becomes kinder.

I held the steaming teacup with both hands.

"It smells good."

"It's good for your health too. I dried it."

"It all comes down to money."

"You make soap, and you also make tea leaves?"

The money I spent on buying hi m soap was 400 gold. And I'm going to give him an additional 100,000 gold to cover the cost of Ellie's treatment and to check on the incense. It doesn't seem like he's in a situation where he's short on money, so why is he so frugal? Is he in huge debt or something?

I drank the tea, hiding my doubts. As the warm tea went down my esophagus, my body felt relaxed.

Rahon looked at me, resting his chin on his hand and blinking.

"I guess you're really comfortable with me."

"Yes, it's comfortable."

"Why am I comfortable? Most people find me uncomfortable."

From the first time I saw Rahon, I felt strangely uneasy. I only briefly admired that eerily beautiful face.

Compared to people who still lose their minds whenever they see Rahon even after seeing him for 6 months. I definitely adapted quickly.

'Even if childhood memories are gone, do feelings of intimacy remain?'

No. Because I know the meaning of the tattoo on his shoulder. Honestly, since then, Rahon has become more comfortable.

"I know you're not a man, Rahon, so I guess that's why I'm comfortable."

"...Why aren't I a man to you?"

"Oh, should I say a person of the opposite sex rather than a woman? I'm not good at explaining it, but you know what I mean, right?"

"I don't know."

Rahon answered expressionlessly and snatched the teacup from my hands.

"But I know you're not afraid."

"Yes?"

As soon as I glanced at the teacup on the table, he pushed my shoulder.

My back touched the fluffy cushion.

Rahon, who had taken over me, stroked my cheek seductively. His purple eyes had a secret light.

"Do you think the Guardian has no desires? Do you believe that no matter what you do, I won't be shaken?"

"That's not it. But..."

You are a blue-haired guy.

Before I could finish speaking, Rahon lowered his head. A languid voice along with hot breath penetrated my ears.

"What do you think I should do now?"

I looked up at Rahon, wondering why he was so angry.

"I..."

The moment I opened my mouth, his breath and mine mingled. It seemed as if something had lightly brushed against my lips. 

"Just now....."

I couldn't finish speaking because Rahon's face turned red.

It became so red that it looked like red water was dripping down, and I was even more embarrassed.

Did our lips really touch?

But I didn't have time to feel embarrassed. Rahon was more embarrassed than I was.

Suddenly a strange thought occurred to me.

'Surely.... you're not like a woman, are you?'

The questioning stopped there. A door was heard opening somewhere.

Is Nicola back?

The sound of footsteps continued. 

Thump thump. 

The footsteps were so quiet that I had to strain my ears to hear them.

'Is that Ian's footsteps?'

I raised my head without realizing it. My forehead and Rahon's chin collided.

Rahon covered my face urgently. 

"What if you move suddenly? Are you hurt? Look where you are." 

Rahon, who had been looking at my face from all sides, suddenly stopped moving. Only then did he sense the presence of someone.

At the entrance to the reception room stood Ian, wearing a spotless white coat. His cold golden eyes stared at us.

Ian's lips, which had been tightly shut, slowly opened.

"What are you doing?"

The living room suddenly became cold.

***

The faces of the two facing each other were so close that they looked like they were about to kiss.

Ian unconsciously clenched his fists. With a thud, his leather gloves tightened to the point where they looked like they might tear.

Ever since he heard from Tail that Millenia was with Rahon, Ian felt strangely uncomfortable, but he never thought he would see it like this.

At that moment, Rahon turned his head and looked at Ian. The two men's sharp gazes crossed.

"What are you doing?"

Wow, if I do it right. I might get hit once?

Rahon thought for a moment and then narrowed his eyes strangely.

"Our little Prince has arrived."

"Answer the question."

"Can't you see? I'm having a good time."

Ian's eyes, filled with a desire to live, became dim.

But he was not so reckless as to fall for a shallow provocation. He asked Millenia.

"Young Lady, do you agree?"

"...What?"

Millenia blinked her large eyes. She really didn't know what was going on.

Do you trust Rahon that much? Or is it that Rahon's temptation didn't work?

A sneer appeared on Ian's lips.

"It seems like you were the only one having a good time."

"...!"

Eventually, the two men apologized to Millenia and went out to the backyard of the villa.

As soon as the back door closed. Ian threw a punch at Rajon.

"...!"

Rahon, who had been staggering for a moment, wiped the corner of his mouth. He snickered as he looked at the back of his hand where blood was dripping down.

"Ah, it brings back old memories."

"If you were a knight, you would have accepted my challenge to a duel. Consider yourself lucky."

Rahon just shrugged his shoulders.

It wasn't unfair that he got hit. It was a scene that anyone could have misunderstood.

Ian crossed his arms and asked.

"Explain."

"What."

"You're not the kind of person who would do something like that for no reason. Explain."

Even as a child, Millenia was very Innocent and affectionate towards everyone. Even as an adult, she couldn't change that habit and trusted people too easily.

So at first, he thought he'd just nag her a little.

Until he heard that...

"I know you're not a man. Rahon, so I guess that's why I'm comfortable."

She didn't even think of Rahon as a man.

Why on earth?

She wasn't a ten-year-old kid who would run around calling out "Sister, sister," and he couldn't figure out Millenia at all.

And at that moment, Rahon couldn't even figure out why he was so upset.

He wanted her to feel uncomfortable. He wanted her to realize that he was a man too.

Rahon just thought that, but when he came to his senses, he had pushed Millenia onto the sofa.

'I only intended to scare her...'


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments