TPITT - Chapter 115






It was a very kind suggestion. But Euclid's shoulders shook as if he had a chill.

“Poetry, I hate it.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Hey, you’re trying to blackmail me by taking advantage of my weakness. You call me and let me blow up Betty's information! You make me play the role of a spy! I knew everything I needed to know. What kind of political intrigue are you going to use me to go to your sister's house?"

“Political intrigue? Well, that's not completely wrong."

As the saying goes, a scheme must be stopped by another scheme. It could not be denied because it was a plan to save Euclid, who would be sacrificed by Brigette's scheme in the distant future, and to give Brigette a shot.

“Look at this! Even my sister admits it herself, so why are you following me like I’m crazy!”

“Haha. Okay. Then come back when you feel like it.”

“That would happen..."

“Shh.”

I cut off Euclid's words with a gesture of putting my index finger to my lips.

“I’m not guaranteeing anything.”

“Then I’ll go first.”

According to palace etiquette, the eldest sister, me, left first.

When the distance had grown considerably, Michael said.

“My Princess seems to find the 8th Prince’s cockiness cute.”

“Yeah. I see him as cute and pitiful.”

A sad light flashed across my amber eyes. I couldn't help it, knowing that his reckless days would end in disaster.

“Are you planning to take out the 3rd Princess’s confidants and use them as your confidants?”

“Hey, that’s not much help.”

“The evaluation is harsh. Who knows what the future holds?”

"...Future?"

It must have been meaningless, but it was because Michael did it? For a moment, I felt a special emotion.

“Hmm, I guess so. You never know what the future holds.”

I put my hand to my mouth and sat deep in thought.

I can rely on the future I know for up to eight years. Even so, the fluctuations were growing due to my active intervention.

After the end of the life of the information I learned from regression, I had to prepare for the future with my insights and capabilities.

'Come to think of it, I really don't know any other future besides Euclid's future as a concubine.'

I thought it wasn't bad for a first try.

So I empowered by the enlightenment given by Michael's one word, did what I had to do.

In addition to the Euclid relief, a breeding plan was also added.

Five days have passed since the swordless fencing training began. After a tough morning schedule, I woke up from a nap to replenish my drained energy.

“Your Highness, you must prepare now.”

"Yes."

I was dressed up in the direction of Cedella and other maids. After wearing a green real-life dress and putting on light makeup, my hair was half up. It was the minimum decoration to greet guests.

Click.

As I opened the powder room door and went out, I saw the most beautiful room in the new green room.

The famous reception room came into view. The six guests sitting at the table stood up at once to greet me.

“Hello, Your Highness the Princess.”

“Thank you all for coming.”

I turned to Anais, Julia, Olivier, Alben, Cayden, and Calix and greeted them.

After I took my seat, the six other guests also took their seats again. The seats on either side of me were empty.

“Cedella and Michael, sit down too.”

“Thank you, Your Highness.”

A total of nine people sat around the table.

Each one was filled with cold soda water and various sweets on a three-tiered tray.

There were also a lot of desserts.

I lifted my teacup elegantly and began to speak.

“The reason I brought you all here is to have a tea party.”

The full moon from the beginning of summer was the season when tea parties were most held in the palace.

Since there is no decent royal banquet before the martial arts competition, it can be said that the bored royal family is self-sufficient.

Of course, the people gathered at my place now looked more like a meeting than a party.

The way I called them to order them around and then wrapped it up as a game was truly the image of a monarch who could see the future.

Anais, Alben, and Cayden laughed quietly.

Julia opened her mouth to accept my joke.

“Haha. I like cozy tea time with just the two of us the best, but it's not bad to be introduced to people in front of me like this. But..."

It was at that moment that Julia's green eyes turned fierce.

“I see someone who doesn’t fit in here.”

Calix flinched as her gaze was fixed on him. He coughed and said.

“I was recruited by Her Highness not long ago. Now that we are on the same side, please be kind to me, Lady Ameloth.”

“I’m already trying, but I’m having a hard time because the first impression is so strong, Lord Limitielo.”

Julia did not look kindly on Calix because of the wine he had sipped with me.

Michael, Cedella, Anais, and Olivier seemed to agree and cheered with their eyes.

“I am reflecting on the past. After apologizing to Her Highness, I have been reconciled with her. Please show mercy, Young Lady.”

Calix killed his character and lay flat on his stomach.

As for the successor to the last writer, there are two people of similar weight class.

The pecking order seemed to have been roughly sorted out. I stepped in to mediate.

“Okay, that’s enough. I have brought you here because I believe you are my people. I hope that we can build a relationship where we can work together as much as possible rather than being at odds with each other.”

Julia and Calix nodded their heads as if they were sorry.

“Then let’s talk now. Everyone is in a good mood. I will tell you in detail once I have gathered all the information.”

My voice made the atmosphere serious.

The tea party is over and it's time for the meeting.

“Sister Betty, no, the third Princess is alone in the palace, and the Marquis of Beltheor is alone in the palace. She summoned the Count Fritz, the bookkeeper, and brought him into the palace.”

It seemed clear that she was plotting a scheme.

The reason for today's meeting was to discuss countermeasures for this very reason.

Alben from the Protocol Department and Cayden from the Finance Department spoke in turn.

“The Marquis of Beltheor is a family famous for its military supplies business.”

“There is only one area where military power is needed in a peaceful empire. The war to subdue the dragons begins now. I guess they are trying to prepare carefully.”

Next, Calix ​also talked about newcomers.

“In my opinion, the third Princess would like to have Marquis Beltheor provide special military supplies for the punitive war. I guess they are trying to make it exclusive.”

“I think the same as Lord Limitielo. If that happens, the influence of the Third Princess in future expeditions will increase.”

Political pressure using materials will be possible in the middle of the subjugation war, and it will be possible to take credit after the success of the subjugation.

I held back a sigh and lowered my eyes.

At this point, Anais coolly faced the reality.

"Will all due respect, there is no force related to military supplies on our side. Military supplies are indeed needed in the subjugation war, and Beltheor is indeed the most outstanding in this field, so I think it should be considered."

“Yes. They have to give the military supplies. If you check it, they did a good job. Whatever they make, will be a magic tool, and a magic tool will have a magic stone. I've developed a rechargeable magic stone, so I'll use it to pressure them. ”

I came to a regretful conclusion and moved on to the next agenda item.

“That’s enough about Beltheor, let’s take a look at Chansley.”

It was quite an enjoyable and lively topic. Alben got excited and got involved.

“Torture Count Sanchez... No, I interrogated and found evidence that Chansley had a buy-and-sell magic stone. He worked under the name of Count Brun, and Count Shancez was watching it at the medical office. I will be able to cut off the money line by hitting the fine magnificently."

“Thank you for your hard work, Alben. You managed to find a place with a different name.”

“The flow of money is honest. But as I investigated, I found a lot of money whose origins were unknown.”

“Is this because the funds were raised through illegal means?”

“Yes. Likely, it will not end with a fine.”

“It’s not surprising, since it’s the work of Betty’s confidant. It’s been like this since before. I had doubts about the financial power that could have allowed the acquisition of the construction company. Please continue to investigate.”

Next, Anais stepped forward. She, who also owned a construction company, had a lot to say about Chansley.

“It is true that Chansley is preparing to enter the bathing business as a latecomer. It turns out, they were trying to use the same method using hot water pipes. So I took over all the furnaces and kilns in the surrounding area, as well as similar facilities.”

“Oh!”

For a moment, the reception room erupted in thunderous applause.

“Very nice, Lady Luciard. I am impressed.”

“I learned all this from watching the Marquis of Chansley.”

Anais, with a dry humility, continued her report.

“Interestingly enough, the Marquis Chansley has given up on acquiring the furnace and is instead building a public bathhouse.”

“Hmm? Isn’t that how you send hot water through water pipes?”

“Yes. We’ll know for sure once we get the schematics, but it looks like they’re going to use direct heating.”

“The rechargeable magic stones will be monopolized by the royal family, so the price of regular magic stones won’t fall much. Then it would be heated with actual fire, not with magic stones.”

At that moment, I and Anais simultaneously picked at each other and laughed.

“I guess Chansley believes that the Third Princess will lift the restrictions on the use of firearms.”

“Your Highness, I don’t think I can ever bear to see that sight.”

“Yes. That’s nonsense. I’ll stop it.”

“Ah, I will only trust Your Highness.”

When sufficient information and opinions had been exchanged on business-related topics, Alben brought up a social subject.

“Have you decided on your martial arts wish, Sir Agnito?”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments