TPITT - Chapter 114



In the center of the lawn surrounded by a hedge, a marble fountain elegantly sprayed water.

At first glance, this place looks like a lawn garden, but its official name is the Imperial Training Center.

It refers to an open-air space outside the palace where the royal family could train their bodies.

“Gasp gasp..."

I, dressed in riding clothes, gasping for breath in the morning sunlight.

The sight of my body swaying back and forth as if it were a heavy load was pitiful and dangerous.

But those who watched only cheered.

“Come on, Your Highness! Just a little more! We’re almost there!”

“Ugh ”

“Oh! Correct your posture! Do you want to stick out your back? A healthy waist is where the ultimate energy resides. Straighten your waist. Waist!”

“Yes.”

“Good! You’re doing great!”

A red-haired woman helped me finish the race, using carrots and pickled shallots alternately.

Her name is Valencia Fenrir. This time, she was the teacher who was to take charge of my physical training.

“Gasp gasp... Ahh! It’s here!”

Finally, I reached the fountain with my palm for the tenth time. I had completed the target number of runs.

At that moment, it felt like I had turned into a mollusk.

I slipped.

It was when I was resting against the marble fountain as if I was about to collapse.

A towel and a glass of ice water were held out to me on either side.

“Are you alright, Your Highness?”

“Are you alright, Your Highness?”

“Michael... Cedella..."

I was deeply moved when I saw the family members handing out relief supplies with faces full of sorrow.

Valencia shook her head while laughing.

“Should the Princess, who commands her subjects, only be weakened by towels and water? It is hard to expect great achievements in the spirit being a little stiff and collapsing.  Keep your mind straight as your waist, Your Highness.”

It was so true that I couldn't refute it.

Now that I think about it, physical training seems to go hand in hand with mental education.

“Break time is over. Then let’s move on to strength training.”

“Oh, yeah..."

I treated Valencia with respect, as a teacher would.

Valencia Fenrir was a knight of commoner origin who served as the captain of the guard of District 14.

It is impossible to even discuss the qualifications to teach the royal family because the only knights in the palace are homunculuss. As a result, the imperial swordsmanship teachers had to be invited from outside, but in a thorough new system, it was rare for knights from commoners to be assigned.

However, it was Brigitte's intervention that led to Valencia being chosen as my teacher.

'She gave me a commoner knight so that I wouldn't be able to make connections with noble knights.'

Brigitte was also focusing on building up military power in preparation for the future battle to subdue the dragon.

She had a connection with the guards from the beginning.

In the first place, I had no plans to establish military power through the security forces. I was willing to give up on Brigitte because it was not a disappointing move.

Before long, time passed and it was close to noon. The class ended on the third day with all the strength training Valencia ordered.

I couldn't even grab the sword today. I grabbed the sword with my arm muscles.

Because if I swing it around, there's a high chance I'll get hurt.

“Your Highness, thank you for your hard work in training today.”

“Thank you, Lord Fenrir. And, it will be time to return to the guard soon, you may go first. I am sorry that I cannot get up and see you off...I, I ask for your understanding..."

I sent Valencia away, panting.

“I need to rest for a bit and then go back to my quarters. Cedella, go first and prepare some bath water..."

“Yes, Your Highness.”

I loosened my neck and sat in the shade to rest. I wanted to take off my sweaty clothes and lie down, but Michael was still around.

The Princess's dignity and pride had to be preserved.

Flap flap.

Amber flapped her wings vigorously next to my face as if trying to fan me. Of course, no message came.

'I should have made Amber's wings bigger.'

Then Michael asked, gently fanning me with his hand.

“Are you okay, Princess?”

"No."

“I think you’d better rest more.”

“Yeah. Just drink some water..."

“Here it is.”

As I tried to accept the glass of water, my hands and shoulders started shaking.

"Oh."

Michael caught it with his excellent reflexes, almost spilling it. Then he said as if it were nothing special.

“I will help.”

“Huh? No, it’s okay..."

Since my specialty was coordinate calculation, it would have been enough to do it with magic. However, Michael was already in an overprotective state and was already holding the glass of water to my lips. At this point, it was difficult to refuse.

I drank the water silently.

'Oh, this is secretly comfortable.'

I emptied my glass of water, impressed by Michael's delicate angle adjustments and unwavering hold.

However, when he took the glass away from my mouth, a drop of water ran down my chin.

Before I could wipe it with the back of my hand, Michael ran his thumb over it.

In the process, a finger lightly touched my lower lip. Michael flinched for a moment, and I, who felt the reaction, was also agitated.

As expected, what happened at Lake Melud was still a little conscious. the awkward and shameful atmosphere came late.

“There’s no need for Michael to do something like this.”

“I see.”

“It’s a public domain.”

At night, the thrifty was beyond the role of a direct knight. Michael, who was belatedly aware of his actions, was embarrassed and spoke in a reflective tone.

“I guess I overstepped my bounds.”

“No, you don’t have to say that. I don’t mean to dislike it. If you do it out of favor, that’s fine.”

“That’s fortunate. In that case, I will gladly assist the Princess to the extent that my heart can reach.”

Michael immediately changed his attitude and responded with slightly curved lips. The usually expressionless smile of the handsome man had the quality of a surprise attack.

'OMG.'

I was so surprised that I held my breath without even realizing it.

“Princess?”

Michael, who was quick-witted, seemed to be puzzled by my reaction. At times like this, I had to strike first.

“Oh, right. Michael, you know what? The martial arts show is coming up soon.”

“I see. There’s not much left.”

“How is it? Are the preparations going well?”

“Is there anything to prepare?”

His confidence in his victory was anything but sincere. I was convinced that he was indeed the King of Homunculus and moved on to the next question.

“Then have you thought of a wish?”

There was a tradition in the summer festival martial arts tournament where the winning homunculus would nominate one member of the royal family and make a wish.

This tradition originated when a homunculus, after a deadly duel, asked an imperial nobleman to be his personal knight, when the system of direct knighthood had not yet been established. In effect, it was the beginning of the institution of direct knighthood.

Michael hesitated briefly enough for me to not notice before answering.

“Not really.”

“Don’t be like that. Just think about it carefully, because if you tell me, I’ll do anything I can.”

I, who always wanted to do something more, encouraged Michael to make a wish.

“Then... I’ll think about it.”

"Yes!"

Michael lowered his eyes with a thoughtful look on his face.

It looks like he doesn't have anything to wish for.

It seemed like Michael himself was cutting it out after some deliberation.

“Whew, it’s hot. I should go take a shower quickly.”

I regained enough strength to walk. After resting, I stood up, holding Michael's hand.

As I was walking slowly back to the villa, I ran into an unexpected person.

"Euclid?"

"OMG!"

The Imperial Training Center is located on the outskirts of the palace, meaning it is a place that is not easily seen.

Euclid seemed to have been secretly practicing his swordsmanship among the trees and bushes.

Euclid, who was holding a wooden sword, was startled when he saw me.

“Who, sis! W, W, what on earth are you doing here?!”

“I see you panicking while holding a wooden sword. Calm down. Since you were caught by someone who already knows the whole story, there’s no reason for you to get in more trouble, right?”

My words were strangely persuasive.

Thanks to it, Euclid had enough time to notice my riding clothes.

“The riding arena isn’t here. Why did you come to a strange place and scare people?”

“I didn’t go horseback riding. I just went to work out and practice swordsmanship.”

Even though I hadn't even gotten to hold the sword, it was a story that didn't need to be told.

Euclid opened his eyes wide.

“What, a sword? Do you mean you learned swordsmanship from Lord Valencia Fenrir? Was that true?”

“Yeah. That’s right.”

"Ha..."

A sigh of despair escaped Euclid's lips.

Of course, he would be envious and disappointed. A skilled knight teaching an unwilling student whose goal is physical fitness.

Euclid himself, however, was unable to ask for a teacher and was secretly training in hiding.

I hadn't meant it at all, but Euclid felt like I was getting revenge on him. His eyes looked as if they had been poured with cobalt dye, and they were filled with sadness.

“I, I can do better..."

I sighed inwardly, knowing that I was also aware of such feelings.

'Come to think of it, did Euclid learn swordsmanship from his personal knights?'

It was highly unusual for a royal to ask to learn from Homunculus, and for homunculus to dare to teach a royal. I don't know who this homunculus was, but I suspect that he must have been very close to Euclid.

'Euclid was sold as concubine at the age of 16, so the selection process was not ruined, he must have had a direct vassal relationship with the homunculus.'

I suddenly felt regretful of the possibility I had discovered. Maybe we could maintain a good relationship.

He may have shown me the appearance of the royal family and the homunculus.

'Well, I guess I'll see it in this lifetime.'

I shook off my foolishness and smiled.

“Euclid.”

“What, what is it? Why are you calling me that again? It’s ominous.”

“It’s already summer.”

“No, what are you talking about out of the blue?”

“It’s a warm season for siblings to bond. I’ll send a message to my maid. Come to my quarters to eat some sweets.”



Previous                Next




Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments