ICTFF - Chapter 15



Pest Control! (1)

The fire that spread when the lantern broke was quickly put out.

There were no injuries other than Cheviot.

Although the back of his head was slightly lacerated and his right arm was dislocated, these were very minor injuries considering he had been crushed by a pole.

Although the aftermath was small compared to the scale of the accident, a cold wind blew through the Astrod mansion.

This was because the Marquis of Astro was furious at the news that his youngest daughter had fainted after being nearly crushed by a pole.

“How could you have been so careless with your equipment that your wooden sword broke in the middle of a duel!”

Immediately the knights had to check all their equipment, and the employees had to throw away the good poles.

However, Marquis Astrod's mood did not improve.

Because his youngest daughter, Millenia, still hasn't come to her senses.

People prayed with one heart and one mind.

Please, my lady, wake up quickly.

Amidst everyone's prayers, Millenia was finally able to wake up late the next morning.

***

My consciousness, which had been dormant, gradually became clearer.

As I slowly opened my eyes, a human figure appeared in my blurry vision.

“Youngest!”

“Brother...”

“Are you awake? Does anything hurt? Do you feel dizzy?”

"... I'm okay."

“Whew, thank goodness. The doctor said you might get dizzy.”

Chevio let out a sigh of relief. His head and right arm were wrapped tightly in bandages.

“...Are you hurt a lot?”

“Me? I’m completely fine. Your brother is strong.”

I couldn't help but shed tears as I watched Chevio lie to me without even realizing that I was watching.

“Huh! Why, why are you crying? Does it hurt? Huh?”

“Why are you lying... I know you’re hurt.”

“Oh, I'm hurt? Really?”

“Do you know how much the smell of medicine vibrates from you? Am I stupid?”

Chevio wipes my cheek with his big hand.

“I didn’t mean to deceive you on purpose, I just thought you’d be upset...Sorry.”

“Don’t make a fool of me. It would be more miserable if I didn’t know my brother was hurt and realized it later.”

“Oh my, why are you saying such extreme things? I understand, I was short-sighted. I won’t do it again. Please forgive me just this once.”

Chevio was fidgeting and trying to comfort me. Even though the lie was for my benefit, he apologized as if he had made a big mistake.

My brother has such a strong competitive spirit but always gives in to me. Nothing will go wrong for him like it did in my last life. I will make it so.

I wiped away my tears and asked vaguely.

“Do you want to eat...together?”

I have been eating alone in my bedroom since I was sixteen. I have never offered anyone a meal. Chevio glared.

“Really? Is that okay?”

“If you’re not busy...”

“Honey, I have so much time on my hands. I got a whole ten days of vacation.”

“Miss, has the little master eaten?”

Chevio glared at Nadia, who was spraying cold water, and then asked cautiously.

“Honey, can I just sit there without eating? If it makes you uncomfortable, I’ll leave.”

“No, just wait a minute. I’ll wash up and come out.”

When I came out of the bathroom after washing up, dinner was ready.

Chevio said, munching on the bread that came with the soup.

“Come and sit down. You must be hungry.”

“You have to have something to eat. The little lord is eating it all right now.”

"...”

Chevio put down the bread he was eating. I sat down at the table, holding back laughter that threatened to burst out.

“Let’s eat together.”

“If I do that, Nadia will kill me. I ate, so you eat more.”

Chevio looked at me with his chin resting on his hand. He was grinning the whole time, I wondered what was so good about it.

"Eat well."

"What?"

“I just enjoy watching our youngest eat.”

“What is that...”

I lowered my head in embarrassment, fiddled with the edge of my plate, and took a big bite of the bread.

“Right, good job. Oh my, our youngest eats well. Eats this too.”

Chevio's chattering continued unabated. I was already on the verge of bursting, but I could hold it in as long as Chevio was happy.

As we were finishing our meal, the maid brought me a letter.

An envelope with only my name written on it, without a sender.

Oslo was the only one who wrote to me like this.

I heard something bad happened to you.

Are you okay? You're not seriously hurt, but I'm still so anxious. I feel like this is all because I'm weak, so I can't face you.

I've prepared a small villa for your independence. Let's meet at lunch and discuss how to decorate it.

Your love.

Chevio glanced absently at the envelope and raised an eyebrow.

“Who sends a letter without the family seal? How rude.”

I changed the subject as I handed the letter over to Nadia.

“Brother, I want to eat cake.”

"Cake?"

“There’s a famous dessert shop in the capital. I heard their black tea cake is really delicious. Can you buy it for me?”

“...Wait, I’ll sweep up everything over there.”

"Thank you."

As soon as Chevio burst out in combat, Nadia exploded with anger.

“No, His Highness the Third Prince, why is he like this? A small villa! Why does the young lady have to live in such a cramped villa when you have this spacious house?”

"I know."

I clearly told him to break up, but it seems like my words were completely erased from his mind.

I didn't expect him to come off so easily, but I didn't know he would be like this like it never happened.

I wish we had parted ways amicably, but it was Oslo who kicked the opportunity away.

'Not everything that happens from now on will go your way. Just try to handle it.'

“Nadia, I need to write a letter to Sierra.”

“To Lady Sierra? What should I write?”

“I want to give her a very pretty necklace as a gift.”

***

Sierra arrived less than an hour later.

She appeared with the sound of high heels clicking, and she was dressed with great care.

A bright red luxury dress and perfect hair.

It doesn't look like the maid's work, it looks like she went to a shop.

Why did you dress up like that when you were meeting someone you couldn't even see?

'Did you know that Oslo is visiting today?'

Either way, it didn't matter. I held back my laughter and offered her a seat.

“Nadia, can I have a glass of lemonade please?”

Sierra nodded haughtily as she took the lemonade Nadia had handed her.

“Move over, Nadia.”

“Miss, I’ll be out. Call me if you need me.”

As Nadia left, Sierra let out an exaggerated sigh.

“Millenia, look at this. In the end, you were the one who apologized first. But why do you hurt people’s feelings so much? You really need to fix that sensitive personality.”

"How have you been doing?"

“I’ve been doing well. I got together with the young ladies for the first time in a while and chatted and went shopping at the boutique. Honestly, it was fun. I can’t do that with you.”

“I see. That’s fortunate.”

I was truly fortunate that she had many friends.

The more you have, the more painful it is when you lose everything.

"However..."

Sierra suddenly stopped talking and looked at me intently.

“Are you wearing makeup? That dress has a design I’ve never seen before.”

In the past, I never wore makeup. I couldn't tell if my makeup was coming off unless someone told me.

For similar reasons, dresses were also preferred in neutral colors with little decoration and no body-exposing designs.

But she'd be surprised if I suddenly put on makeup and wore a fancy dress.

“I’m thinking of decorating it a little bit now. What do you think?”

Sierra's expression turned pale.

“Well, it’s not that bad... Wouldn’t it be better to cover it?”

"Why?"

“Why, people feel uncomfortable when you show your eyes.”

“I want to do that too... No. I think it would be better not to talk about things like that.”

“What are you talking about? Why are you stopping now?”

“Actually, His Highness told me not to do it. He said it would be a waste to cover my pretty face.”

“...Did he say that?”

“He even bought a villa to give to me as a gift.”

"Villa?!"

“Of course, I’m thinking of refusing. It’s too much of a burden.”

Sierra bit her lip.

The expression is scary.

It would be crazy to think that your lover bought a villa to give to another woman.

“Sierra.”

“...”

“Sierra?”

“Huh, huh? Why?”

“Aren’t you curious about the necklace?”

“Oh, I wonder. Did you buy it to my taste?”

“Go to the dressing room. I’ve taken it out, so you’ll see it right away.”

"Yes."

I gave my last words to Sierra as she headed to the dressing room.

“Oh, I’m sorry, but could you just take the necklace with you?”

"Why?"

“His Highness is scheduled to visit soon.”

“...”

Sierra went into the dressing room without answering and didn't come out for a long time.

I leisurely sipped my tea and waited for the time to come.

“Miss, His Highness the Third Prince has come to visit.”

At las.

“Bring him.”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments