ICTFF - Chapter 16 < Pest Control (2) >



Pest Control! (2)

That moment.

lan was running around the training grounds without stopping.

'I thought running would cool my head down...'

Even after spinning fifteen times, the face of Millenia, who had lost consciousness, still lingered before his eyes.

When he first exchanged blows with Chevio, he noticed that the state of the wooden sword was a bit strange, but he ignored it.

It was because he was excited about his first duel in a long time.

He should have stopped then. If he had, Millenia wouldn't have had that accident.

Millenia must have been so surprised that she fainted. A feeling of guilt stabbed Ian's heart.

Suddenly, he remembered the day he first met Millenia.

The child, whose silky hair was tied to both sides, had a face covered in cream.

Chevio picked up the child and kissed her on the cheek. The child burst into laughter and hung on Chevio's neck.

Ian just stood there dumbly, staring at the two.

Honestly, he was surprised. What Chevio said was true. Isn't she really as pretty as a doll?

While Ian was admiring her, the child reached out to him and said.

"This..."

The child was clutching something so messy that he later realized it was cake.

You want me to eat this?

Despite the feeling of rejection, his body moved on its own.

Ian put his mouth on the child's palm and ate the cake that was squashed into a mess.

Ian didn't even realize he was doing it until Chevio shook the child's hand off, shouting. 

"Stop, stop!"

That was Ian's first meeting with Millenia. So on the day of the dinner, when she asked him what happened when they first met, he couldn't answer.

'How can I tell you that I ate the cake like a dog?'

Just thinking about it makes his face turn red with embarrassment. lan sighed softly and stopped running.

In the distance, Chevio was riding into the manor on horseback.

As he wiped the sweat off his face with a towel and approached him, Chevio handed the reins over to his servant and asked.

"Have you trained?"

"I ran a little. Going out?"

"Oh, I want to buy something."

Chevio approached him roughly and placed his good left arm on Ian's shoulder.

"Hey, I slept late today."

"I'm not curious."

"When I opened my eyes in the morning, my loyalty to His Majesty surged up. After all, the best reward for a salaried worker is a vacation."

"How can you say something like that after looking like that?"

Chevio shrugged as Ian frowned and shook off his heavy arm.

"Are you okay?" 

"What?"

"That's right."

They also didn't expect that the broken wooden sword would fly towards the pole.

Ian immediately realized where the piece of wooden sword had gone, but the pole had already begun to fall over.

Below, Millenia was sitting there, oblivious to anything.

The reason why Chevio was able to protect Millenia in time was because Ian supported the falling pole with his back, buying him time.

So there was no way Ian's back would be in good shape. It would probably be a mess of bruises and cuts.

"It's nothing."

"Why did you refuse to go see a doctor?"

"Millenia notices then."

“Ah.”

Chevio scratched his head.

As soon as he came to his senses, he thought of Millenia shedding tears and his heart ached as if it was being torn apart.

He knew what that little girl was thinking. She thought her brother was hurt because of her.

He barely managed to appease her by begging her with all his might, but she would cry again if she found out Ian was hurt too.

What really scared Chevio the most was seeing Millenia cry.

"Um... Should I give you the ointment I was using?"

"Yes. But what is that?"

"Oh, this?"

Chevio lifted a pink box smaller than his fist like a trophy.

"Red tea cake."

"Millennia's?"

"Then is it mine? This is a cake that you have to wait in line for three hours to eat."

"A hasty guy like you stood in line for three hours."

"That's what I was thinking, but when I actually went there, there was someone I knew. I guess I used some connections."

"So buy a lot."

"You can only buy one piece of this, you ignorant country bumpkin."

"The connection isn't that great."

lan answered indifferently and then chuckled.

"Millenia did like cake."

"That's right. It was really cute how she ate with cream all over her face. But I haven't even looked at it since she became a prophet."

Since becoming a prophet, Millenia has not been able to eat food comfortably, not even dessert.

She always ate her meals alone in the bedroom, and even with her friend Sierra, she only drank tea.

She did attend the dinner party the other day, but all she ate there was a few pieces of meat.

That's why Chevio couldn't help but be surprised when Millenia invited him to have a meal with her.

Because he felt like the youngest had really changed.

"Even if she eats cake, what is this?"

Perhaps due to a recent change of heart, Millenia was changing little by little.

Chevio don't know why, but it was nothing short of a miracle compared to the old days when there were walls built on all sides.

Chevio lowered his voice with a meaningful expression.

"Should I surprise her by saying that I caught a bug and put it in here? What do you think?"

"How old are you?"

"This way, the youngest will smile at least once more. You will be the one holding the wind."

"Let's go."

The footsteps of the two men became muffled.

They were like top students who fought for first and second place in their journalism class.

***

"Millenia!"

Oslo came into the bedroom and hugged me tightly.

I held my breath for a moment. Sierra and Oslo. I don't know why the perfume smells so bad.

"Ha, I really missed you so much."

Oslo cupped my face and looked down at me intently.

"Something seems different today."

"Is that so?"

"You put on makeup? Did you put on makeup for me?"

He let out a gasp and hugged me back. I bit the tip of my tongue to suppress the nausea rising inside me.

"Yes, a woman should know how to dress up. Of course, you are beautiful even without it."

"..."

"I'm really touched. You really shined today."

Oslo looked at me with slightly hazy eyes.

Because of his looks, he seemed very sincere. Unfortunately, it didn't work on me.

"Did you know there was a fire in the warehouse?"

"I heard. Those idiots burned down the wrong warehouse. I told them to burn down Montpain, tsk."

As expected, it was your doing.

I clenched my teeth tightly. 

"Your Highness...did you say anything?"

"They asked about my relationship with the investigation team, but I didn't. Fortunately, it seems like it'll be quietly resolved, but it'll be difficult for me to take action for the time being."

Oslo whispered in a soft tone while caressing my cheek.

"So, can you take care of Montpain?"

"Me, who can't even see ahead?"

"I'm not asking you to do it yourself, but you have a maid. She follows you around very well. Wouldn't she do it if you asked her?"

Do you want me to do that to Nadia? This crazy guy...

I held back the curse that was forming on the tip of my tongue.

"I'll think about it."

"I bought a villa for you. Once this job is over, we can live there together. Doesn't it make you happy just thinking about it?"

It's not just imagination, I've already experienced it.

I was kept in a villa and Oslo only visited when he needed to. I tried to solve my loneliness with alcohol and ended up becoming addicted.

The pain of that time was vivid as if it happened yesterday.

I stared straight at Oslo, who was slowly lowering his head as if to kiss me.

It's about time for a reaction to come out...

"Oh my! Your Highness, when did you come?"

Sierra has finally made her appearance.

She was wearing the silver necklace I had prepared for her.

Oslo lifted his head from trying to kiss me.

"Lady Sierra? It's been a while."

"Is that so? I strangely feel like we met yesterday too."

"I take it to mean that we have become that close."

"Haha, you speak so well."

As Oslo deftly countered, Sierra smiled coquettishly and linked arms with me.

"Hey, you should tell me in advance if His Highness visits. Oh, really, I didn't even put on my makeup properly. What is this?" 

As she pressed her upper body against my arm, her ample breasts stood out. Oslo's gaze lingered on them.

"Shall we sit down? I'll prepare some tea for you."

"Why would Young Lady do something like that? Just ask the maid to do it."

As Oslo rang the bell himself, Nadia came in pushing a tray.

"Get the tea ready."

"Yes. Your Highness."

"Nadia, I'd like iced tea, please."

"Yes, Miss."

"You too, no matter how tactless you are, would you really serve me hot tea in this hot weather? Your Highness, this is the way it is. I can't trust anyone else but you."

"Wouldn't it be better than giving your affection to everyone? I like people who are blindly devoted to only one person."

I see.

After Nadia set up the tea, she stepped aside. We paused for a moment to chat and drink our tea.

"Ugh!"

Suddenly Oslo took a deep breath. I looked at his shoulder and asked.

"Your Highness? Is there a problem with the tea?"

"No, it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

His face seems a little bit refreshed.

Well, it's none of my business.

I paused for a moment and then pretended it was a mistake and spilled the tea.

The teaspoon fell to the floor with a loud clatter.

"Oh, be careful. Your dress is all wet. Should I call Nadia?"

"No. I'll do it. I can do this much by myself."

"Good idea. You tend to depend too much on others."

I calmly put the teaspoon down, told them that I needed to change my dress, and left.

It was when I lowered my body under the table while thinking about the plan.

After feeling around the floor a couple of times as if I couldn't see anything, I was about to pick up a teaspoon when an unbelievable sight caught my eye.

Sierra was touching Oslo's leg with her toes.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments