Moonlight - Chapter 5




"I thought it was a rat so I caught it, but it turned out to be a cat."

"Yes?"

What the hell is that?

Zaid tried to ask again.

But before that, a cold gaze came upon him.

"However."

Zaid shivered as his spine suddenly became cold.

"Did you come to me to nag like t his?"

Zaid was dissatisfied with the words telling him to just report without saying anything, but he eventually gave up his curiosity about the woman.

Thinking that he would ask Karim separately later, he picked up the report he had folded and read it a gain.

The report's content was simple.

"As you have pointed out, it appears that there are subversive forces. However, at this stage, we are unable to pinpoint exactly who the subversive forces are. I apologize."

The Ra Kun's silent.

Zaid knew that the silence was not good, but he did not stop reporting.

"However, the leader of that subversive force turns out to be a person of considerable power. First of all, the fact that he created such a large organization while avoiding my notice..."

"You're incompetent."

"I have no face."

Zaid bowed deeply.

"Okay, I'll go now."

At Ra Kun's command, Zaid stood up from his seat.

He watched Zaid leave, not forgetting to bow before leaving, but soon lost interest and turned his gaze to the darkening sky.

The red glow of the sunset soon seeped into every corner of the room, adding a sense of loneliness to the cold silence.

The Ra Kun was now reaching for the pomegranate.

"The chieftain of Dira has arrived."

"Come in."

Holding a pomegranate cut open for easy eating, he turned his gaze to the man coming through the door.

The man wearing the Ghutra, a white cloth that resembles a hood and is held together by a black band called the Egal, was quite a striking sight.

A man with slightly darker skin than the average Pessian, green eyes, and a sword that no one seems to know.

At that moment, Ra Kun's gaze, which had been staring at him as if analyzing him, met Jalil's gaze.

Jalil smiled brightly.

"I heard that you had just arrived from the Ashmae Holy Land today, so I came to see you in a hurry, even though I knew it might be rude." 

"You know it's rude."

The Ra Kun returned his attention to the pomegranate in his hand, lightly striking back.

Red grains fell one by one, littering his wide chair.

"Yes, Chieftain, what's going on?"

Jalil smiled softly at the question that came out during the tense moment.

It was a smile that didn't match his rough impression. Dira is a large autonomous region surrounded by wastelands, so everything has always been behind the times.

It may not be unrelated to the fact that Jalil worships the sword.

"Something good has happened to the Payaden clan of Dira. I heard the good news that you returned while I was visiting the palace to report on the matter, so I came to greet you."

The Ra Kun agreed.

He didn't ask what the happy thing was because he wasn't interested, but Jalil seemed to have something to say.

He clapped his hands together as if he had just remembered something and smiled flexibly.

"Oh, by the way, there's an interesting rumor going around. You brought a white-skinned woman into your harem? I thought it was just a funny joke, but since even the lowly slaves were talking about it, it must be true. Why on earth would you do that? Putting a lowly woman of unknown lineage in such an important position? No matter how interesting something is, there are limits. I know that, but I really doubt that the rumor about Ra Kun's gun becoming clouded is true...."

The moment he was cut off by the noise of the 'dismissal', he paused for a moment.

The pomegranate that was held tightly in the Ra Kun's hand crumbled in an instant.

The red juice flowing out between his tightly clenched fingers looked like drops of blood, so Jalil closed his mouth.

Slowly, he raised his head. And then he met bloodshot eyes.

Jalil held his breath at the murderous intent pouring out of those cold eyes.

"..."

Jalil slowly swallowed his saliva under the burning gaze of the Ra Kun who seemed ready to devour him.

Before he knew it, his fingertips were shaking.

"How dare you."

He raised his gaze. His sharp gaze glared at Jalil.

"Are you picking a fight with me, Jalil?"

It was difficult to even stand there, enduring the terrifying murderous intent. Jalil could barely manage a smile.

"I... I'm just worried."

But the Ra Kun cut him off abruptly.

"No need. Get out."

A wall is so strong that not even a single needle hole can fit through it. Jalil bit his lower lip and lowered his head.

As if he had been waiting for this gap, he ran away without looking back.

Only when Jalil's figure disappeared did Ra Kun open his hand holding the pomegranate. The red, crushed juice greedily soaked his hand.

The sticky feel was unpleasant.

***

"Where, how much do you mess with it? Let me see."

The room, surrounded by several layers of thin curtains, was quite beautiful.

A cozy atmosphere with thick carpets embroidered with graceful lines of a beast called a tiger, with feet made of colorful transparent glass beads and blue and red tassels.

The room was filled with an exotic scent, so much so that if I hadn't known exactly where this was, I would have been completely relaxed and fallen asleep, thinking it was a nice place.

My expression was dark as I sat on a soft bed that seemed to be made of feathers, stepping on the part embroidered with the legs of a beast, and fiddling with the red tassel touching my shoulder.

After a while, I let out a deep sigh, placed my chin on both hands, lowered my head, and let out another sigh.

I moved my feet aimlessly, giving the tiger a gloomy look.

Surprisingly, I was genuinely depressed.

Even in the northern Pen tribe's prison, where only the most treasonous criminals are thrown, the great Ashina was still smiling!

"My water bottle, my maps, my money, my clothes, my collection!"

It seemed as if the lost pocket was still lingering before my eyes.

I began to cry miserably, tears welling up in my eyes.

"My collection! A collection of portraits of pretty boys! A book of misdeeds! Bribes!"

Oh, I lost it all.

That's ridiculous.

No matter how much I convinced myself that I would find them again, the list of items I had stuffed into the secret space in my small pocket kept coming to mind.

Even if we ignore the collection of portraits of pretty boys because it is not directly related to life, the problem was the corruption, more than anything else.

I bit my lower lip.

Without it, I wouldn't be able to move freely even in the Northern Continent.

It's possible to do this thanks to my naturally likable personality and charm, but there's a limit to that.

It's a countermeasure I made because I always bend to my parents' authority on really important routes.

Not having that meant I had to stop dreaming about future travel and just rot away in my mansion.

“Ah.”

I let out a sigh as my eyes closed on their own.

Even if you really steal, you have to get it back.

Yeah, that's right.

Still...

"I'm glad I have this on me."

I fiddled with the earring in my ear, lost in thought for a moment.

Now I have dark brown hair and soft brown eyes, but that wasn't my original color.

Even though this appearance is so beautiful now, my true appearance was so splendid and beautiful that I caught people's eyes to the point that I couldn't even walk freely on the streets.

No matter how much the color was said to be a sign of blessing and perfection, to me, a natural-born adventurer and traveler like no other in the world, it was nothing more or less than a mark that instantly let others know who I was.

So this bracelet was absolutely necessary to dye my hair and eyes the common and frequently seen shade of brown.

Fortunately, I had this on me so it wasn't stolen.

But.

"It's a problem if we're held here for more than a week."

It was truly difficult.

My hair doesn't matter, but the color of my eyes indicates my bloodline.

It wasn't something that could be easily covered up.

No matter how great the magic was on the bracelet, I had to let the discoloration go for a week once a month to let the bracelet rest. Otherwise, it will be broken.

Of course, if I calculate the time, there is still a week left.

"It's very difficult."

The bracelet, the luggage that was taken away, and the sight of myself being thrown into the harem.

And that guy too.

Red eyes that stared at me as if they would swallow me up through short, dull gray hair.

It was just a thought, but I swallowed dryly, my breath caught in my throat.

"Okay."

Even though I usually don't get overwhelmed, I was truly overwhelmed for a moment.

I feel like I've been completely robbed of myself.

That was really dangerous.

Even though nothing had happened, my body was already shaking.

Yeah, this was more of a premonition than a prediction.

"Really, I have to run away."

It was originally planned to be like that, but I made a new promise to myself that I really had to do it.

But come to think of it.

"Harem, is it more comfortable than I thought?"

Cromwell only had the concept of a concubine, so I didn't know exactly what a harem was.

I thought they were a sexual slave to a man, with the bothersome maid attached to her, a separate palace assigned to her, and so many other duties to fulfill, but aside from the brief introduction I received earlier, I hadn't seen a single maid.

Besides, there is no jealousy from other concubines.

Saying hello or something like that.

Should I call it a tax?

To sum it up in one word, it felt like there was no one else besides me.

Do you really want me to prove it?

"What? I was scared for nothing." 

That guy asked me to prove it.

So that's why you provide such a comfortable environment?

Even though it's a harem.

Hmm. Somehow, he seems more innocent than his first impression?

“Soo, innocent...”

It doesn't match.

How can such an arrogant and haughty man be so naive...?

Ha, I'm crazy too.

The dog barking has Increased.

"Then here's what I can do."

Is it just a matter of exploration and geography?

The worry didn't last long.

In the first place, I am not the type of person to procrastinate on something.

I immediately stood up from my seat.

And then, in one breath, I ripped off the hem of my cumbersome skirt.

In an instant, my white, luscious thighs were revealed under the light.

I smiled with satisfaction and stretched out my body.

"Haam, then shall we go wild?"

My smile was like that of a little mischievous child.

***

It is night, and the city of Al Pessian stands alone in the dry desert.

This desert city, which shares its name with the empire Pessian, which ruled over the entire southern continent of Panthiago, was covered in darkness against the backdrop of a crescent moon shaped like a fingernail.

Occasionally, a few lights would shed a small light, but it could never dispel the darkness that had engulfed the entire city.

A mansion that stands alone, away from the commotion of people.

A spectacular sight with elegant buildings large and small featuring round domes and spacious, well-maintained, lush gardens and lakes. I opened my mouth slightly as I witnessed the scene right in front of me

"Be far."

That was my first impression of the view from where I was being held was amazed by the delicate curves of the vaults and the graceful appearance of the buildings. I don't know what this place is, but the building shining white in the moonlight was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

Enough to forget all the humiliation I suffered when I came to the Southern Continent...

It felt like all the humiliation I had suffered at the hands of the man who had brought me here was compensated for by this beauty.

"They say that Pessian is the land of the moon and sand. It wasn't an empty promise."

The moon that shines yellow in the north shines white here.

The golden moon was beautiful, but the white moon had a slightly different feel.

A little bit cleaner and something a little bit more refreshing...

"It must be nice for the people living here."

I suddenly muttered something like that and let out a short sigh.

"Come on, let's get this straight. This isn't what I came here for."

I shaking my head, sat down on the round ceiling.

This building is not as easy as I might think.

The larger the place, the more likely it is that there will be many shabby areas, but the structure of the building itself was organically connected consistently, leaving no room for intruders or uninvited guests to move around easily.

There are gardens and lakes with open views where there are no buildings and buildings block the way.

Even in the buildings on the outskirts, it doesn't seem easy to move, let alone the area where I am currently stuck, which is the area where I have dug in the deepest, It couldn't have been easy.

I didn't think it would be easy, but it's not that easy.

I shook my head in complaint.

Above all, this only made me more suspicious of the man.

What kind of person does he have to live in a house like this?

This scale was impossible even for nobles without considerable power. But that doesn't mean the man is a King.

Because the King of Pessian is a little different from the Kings of other countries.

Anyway. I have to admit that it's amazing.

"Then first, we need to figure out what kind of building that is."

I got up from my seat and looked around.

First of all, to plan an escape operation, it was necessary to first understand the purpose and use of each building, as well as the class or status of the people who mainly used it.

I planned to look at the places I could move around during the day separately, and move around like this at night to find out.

The sharp wind swept across my face as if the desert at night was cold.

It was a larger building than I thought, but surprisingly, there weren't many soldiers patrolling around.

When I was at Cromwell's mansion, I had a hard time timing it by taking turns patrolling the entire building, but I didn't have any such difficulties.

It's just that I'm not familiar with this place itself, so I'm confused because I don't know what might be hidden there.

However, I did not give in and hid in the building closest to this huge harem building. The round ceiling pointed like a soft-serve ice cream cone, was engraved with unreadable letters and patterns.

The slightly beige-toned white building was shrouded in darkness, but the clear moonlight bathed it in a transparent pale blue.

There should have been some noise, but no one seemed to be there. That was a bit strange.

No, actually a lot.

Although I felt something ominous, I lightly ignored it and continued exploring.

This isn't the first or second time I've felt this ominous feeling.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments