Moonlight - Chapter 6




I carefully walked around the building and went a little further inside.

I slowly moved from pillar to pillar and walking barefoot on the cold corridor floor, felt an increasingly strange sensation.

What on earth is this building for?

They wouldn't have built a useless building just for sightseeing.

No, I don't think so. They could build a building for that purpose.

But there's no reason to build a building this big, right?

I moving while hiding my body in preparation for an unexpected situation, came out into the wide open hallway.

The hallway leading directly to the garden was wide and quiet.

Unlike Cromwell, the corridors are bare and cold, without any sculptures or paintings, revealing only the charm of the building itself.

The cool night breeze blew through my hair.

If this happens, it will be impossible to tell what this building is for.

That doesn't mean the rooms in this building were open.

Sagrak.

At that moment, a sound was heard from somewhere.

I flinched in surprise, then strained my ears to hear, wondering if I had misheard.

'Sarak'. 

I didn't mishear.

There's definitely a sound coming from somewhere.

That means there is someone.

I hesitated for a moment.

Should I go back like this or should I go check to see who it is?

Instinct told me to just turn back, but the reason recommended checking.

I hesitated briefly before making a decision.

But since we're here, let's at least check who it is.

I should know what kind of building this is.

Just knowing that will achieve my goal.

I lightly tapped my feet.

The source of the sound was in the garden direction.

Hiding in the grass, I approached the sound.

Green grass and small flowers.

There was nothing different.

Just when I was starting to think that maybe I had made a wasted effort.

'Whoaaah' 

A column of water rose up.

There was someone there.

The small, broken water droplets sparkled in the moonlight.

Beneath the pouring water, a man stood half-naked and soaking wet.

I swallowed my breath.

My eyes opened wide on their own.

That's the guy.

For a moment, my breathing became disturbed.

At that sound, the man's gaze turned this way. I was startled and covered my mouth and nose, bending down.

it's crazy!

No matter how surprised I was, I couldn't believe he reacted so openly.

You're lacking in basics. No, no way.

But no way.

I carefully raised my head.

Fortunately, the man only felt something strange and didn't show any particular reaction.

I bit my lower lip, my chest sagging.

It's ruined.

Why did I have to run into that guy if I ever ran into him?

I was even more anxious because I ran into that man right after leaving the harem.

I have to go back quickly.

The moment I made up my mind, the man suddenly moved.

My body instinctively froze.

The sound of water splashing reached my ears.

The man stopped right in front of me.

One breath, then two breaths.

As time passed, the ominousness deepened.

I slowly raised my gaze, thinking. 

"No way, really, no way."

At that moment, I met red eyes.

"Whoa!"

Not once, but twice!

I, who had been grabbed by the nape of my neck, was thrown as if thrown onto the shore of the lake.

Suddenly looking like a drowning rat, I spat out the water that had entered my nose and mouth and quickly raised my head.

The man was looking down at me arrogantly.

I glared at the man with all my might.

But as was the case from the beginning, he was by no means an easy opponent. 

"This time, you're a real rat. What are you doing hiding in a place like this?"

"T-Tell me, what are you doing in the middle of the night? You're soaking wet."

I swallowed dry saliva and stood up from my seat.

This guy!

Where did you get the courage to take off your top!

For a moment, my eyes lit up and I looked down, but I fidgeted, not knowing where to look.

A man's naked body isn't that strange!

But strangely, I couldn't look at this man's body.

I clasped my hands together and tried to suppress the urge to run away.

"I don't think you have anything to say about something you just peeped at."

"Who said I was spying!"

As I raised my head in anger, the man laughed.

"Then what did you just say? Is it your hobby?"

What?

Is this person really?

A spark flew in my eyes.

Even true arrogance has its limits, so how can humans be this arrogant?

I glared at the man whose name I still didn't know, vowing to shut this man's mouth one day.

His eyes narrowed in determination.

I didn't notice, but the man's narrowed eyes were strangely staring at me.

It's weird.

I didn't think there was anything different, but these eyes kept catching my attention.

Glitter.

He felt her eyes sparkle whenever an unremarkable woman glared at him.

Yes, they were lively eyes. It was strange, something he had never seen before in the many types of people he had met.

This little sparkle kept drawing him in, knowingly or unknowingly.

A little bit of interest and a little bit of curiosity.

He laughed at himself for defining his current condition in that way.

Yeah, a little bit of attraction too.

There is no denying this growing interest.

"How do I deal with a cat that doesn't know what it's doing?"

You said I was a rat just now!

I began to feel a little irritated by the man's changing words.

"Who are you to deal with me? What right do you have?"

I finally asked with my arms crossed and my eyes narrowed.

I thought I would be ignored right away. But surprisingly, the man showed interest in my question.

As the red eyes briefly flashed, my whole body felt as if it was tied up and I couldn't move.

"That's interesting."

He took a step closer and pushed his face into mine.

The two eyes that met each other burned fiercely for a moment.

"There is nothing in this land that cannot do as I please."

I was taken aback by the decisive tone.

What is this guy saying?

"What are you? Are you a God? Or are you the King of this country?"

The corners of the man's mouth went up at the sarcasm filled with laughter.

"Then?"

"What?"

I gave a gentle expression.

What did this guy just say? I just heard it before, but I didn't recognize it.

"If I were really the King of this country? Would you be a little more obedient?"

I burst into laughter at the languid words that followed.

Hey, no way.

How dare you go so far as to use such lies to blackmail me.

I smiled brightly as if it had been a long time since I had heard something funny.

At that moment, the man's lips, which had been holding a faint smile, twisted.

"I am the King of this country."

The smile hardened.

The man approached me quickly and whispered softly in my ear.

"Sihad Zain Behidat, the master of Pessian."

My pupils dilated.

I refused to interpret those words in my head.

I calmly, no, not calmly, thought about it and then slowly began to understand a word, and was quietly astonished.

Ra Kun, the living God of Pessian.

"You seem to know what a Ra Kun is."

I couldn't easily respond to the twisted ridicule.

Swallowing the saliva that had collected in my mouth, I avoided the gaze that kept trying to tie me up.

I was anxiously rolling my eyes, which had been lowered to the ground, and racking my brain to come up with an answer as to what to do about the situation, but my mind, which had already hardened, had stopped thinking, let alone coming up with an answer.

He was right.

I knew exactly what a Ra Kun was.

The one who was surprised by the polite reaction was Behidat...

He looked at the face that was looking away from right in front of his nose.

Beautiful facial features with slender lines.

The woman's small face, seen up close, was quite beautiful, so much so that her claim of being a pretty girl was not an exaggeration.

Behidat reached out and grabbed the chin of the woman who kept trying to lower her head.

Ashina's gaze inevitably turned to him as he turned her head forcibly.

"Don't touch it without permission!"

"Are you scared?"

I, who had slapped the man's hand away, took a step back.

I got upset at the moment and talked back, but I couldn't handle the consequences.

I dare hit a Ra Kun, I'm dead.

A chill ran down my spine.

The thought that I might really die sent shivers down my spine.

Why does that guy bother me so much?

It was partly my own fault for getting upset when asked if I was just scared.

My mind was complicated.

Should I just get down on my knees and beg. "Please save me!"?

But if I go out like that, that guy would say. 'Really? You know it's a mortal sin? Then that's good. You can't make excuses even if you die.' 

But where is this guy looking right now?

I tilted my head and moved my eyes to follow his gaze, noticing the quiet man's gaze without any particular questioning or evaluation of my actions.

Where his gaze landed was... 

"Huh!"

I bent down in an instant and covered my legs, which were revealed in white.

 "Where on earth are you looking at!"

He opened his mouth as he looked down at me, who was screaming with a red face for a moment.

"Are you trying to seduce me now?"

"Who is seducing whom?!"

I didn't realize it, but my smooth thighs, dazzling in the water as they dipped into the lake with the white moonlight breaking through were something that could truly arouse a man's desire.

"Ha."

Behidat walked towards me again, leaving behind only a sigh that was either an exclamation or something else.

He grabbed my arm as I instinctively tried to step back, and wrapped it around his waist, wrapping it around his shoulder.

"Hey, hey, what are you doing..."

"Quiet."

The voice ringing in my ear was low.

I reflexively shut her mouth.

He gave a small warning.

"If you make any more noise, I'll shut your mouth."

"Are you threatening me by surrounding me with your arms around me?"

I who had been responding reflexively, felt ominous when there was no response from the person I should have been responding to.

I tried to say one more thing but then closed my mouth. Although I was not originally a very easygoing and obedient person, I felt very dissatisfied because I seemed to be unusually docile in front of this man.

Whether I did or not, the Behidat surrounding me moved easily.

I, who had been shaking on my shoulder with light movements, opened my mouth briefly.

"Well, I guess I'm not that light." 

"If you know, just keep quiet."

...baddie.

Something was bubbling inside me, but instead of opening my mouth, I bit my lower lip.

What?

Am I heavy?

It's not light, but it's not heavy either!

While I was cooling off from the boiling heat alone, Behidat left the garden and entered the building.

And then, as I passed through the hallways and those corridors so familiarly, I found myself walking down a passageway that connected to another building.

I was so shocked that I thought there was a place like this, but before I knew it, I had entered a familiar space.

Smooth marble corridors, doorless arches, and multi-layered draperies.

While I was wondering where this place was, he put me down.

I felt annoyed at the rough actions that almost seemed to throw me away, but I sighed, focusing on the fact that I was finally free.

But the view of the room I looked around in was not what I had seen during the day.

"This isn't the room we were in before!"

"So?"

Behidat asked back.

I tried to say something back but was stopped.

"It doesn't matter which room it is."

No, but this guy!

I didn't intend to live with him, but something suddenly came to my mind.

Huh, that guy doesn't have even an iota of consideration.

I know he's Pesian's Ra Kun, but It's no coincidence that I miss the manners of Cromwell men who respect their ladies regardless of their social status.

It was annoying that he kept clinging to me so much that it was annoying, but it was better than being treated worse than cold rice.

I lifted my head slightly at the gaze that was fixed on me as he continued to come down without looking back.

"What are you looking at?"

A face that suddenly appeared.

My face turned red.

What, what are you doing, man!

I bit my lower lip and pulled back slightly at the pungent musky scent wafting from the sturdy body, but l was still at a distance where even the irises of his eyes were transparent, only securing a little space.

The man's gaze was intense.

Even the sense of presence.

My throat felt like it was on fire.

"Are you from Cromwell?"

I slightly lowered my gaze, swallowing the saliva that had gathered in my mouth.

"It's true that I'm from the Northern Continent."

"So, are you from Cromwell?" 

Absecret, low voice.

I felt intoxicated by the leisurely and languid voice.

I tried hard to console myself.

"Cromwell may be the largest country in the North Continent, but it's not the only one."

The man did not respond.

He just brought my face closer. I reflexively shouted at the gaze that was right in front of my nose. 

"Hey, don't come near me."

Of course, he wasn't the type of person who wouldn't approach me.

Although it had a bold appearance, its delicate curves were so beautiful that it could be called a work of art.

I clutched my pounding heart for no reason.

Shit.

"What brings you to Pesian?"

"I didn't mean to come to Pesian. I was on my way to Kracha. Who caught me and put me in prison?"

I barely managed to find my pace and glared at the man with resentment in my eyes, but the man did not move.

"Then why do you go to Kracha?"

"...Just a simple trip. Nothing more, nothing less."

For a moment, the man's red eyes glowed black.

It only passed by for a moment, but I was taken aback by the intensity of it.

"Well, let's say so."

Although I felt relieved, I tried to remain calm.

Every nerve in my body was tense with tension.

If he had finished his business, he would have just disappeared, but contrary to my wishes, Behidat did not move for a long time.

His breathing became increasingly ragged.



Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments