Moonlight - Chapter 4





"I brought it."

The man's gaze was terribly languid.

I unconsciously averted my gaze from that secretive yet intense gaze and moistened my dry lips with my tongue.

That was more alluring than the cold gaze I had seen before.

Oh, rotten.

I wanted to ask someone for help, but sadly the maid immediately backed away.

An eerie and strange silence flowed through the space where only the two were left.

He looked down haughtily at me, who was standing opposite him, with his arms resting on the soft-looking backrest.

Our gazes met in midair.

At that moment, sparks flew.

After a long search, the man spoke first.

"So."

From the authoritative gestures with which he instantly overwhelmed men much older than himself and countless other people, one could easily guess how dirty his status was.

But the feeling of actually facing him in person from a high place was different.

My lips are now dry.

Isn't this linked wrong?

A face that showed no sign of laughter and a cold chill emanating from a tall figure much taller than me.

The air around me felt freezing cold.

Yeah, it was so cold that I wondered if this was really a desert country.

"How on earth did you get out of that prison?"

The eyes of the man glaring at me were cold.

Although I was so tense that I could hardly breathe, I tried my best to act as if nothing had happened.

That was easy in its own way.

Weren't I always the one who smiled innocently even in front of my mother who exuded cold air?

I first took a deep breath.

Yes, they said that even if you go into a tiger's den, you can survive as long as you keep your wits about you.

I looked straight up at the man, the smile still on my lips.

Even when I was exhausted and out of my mind from the march through the desert, it was so vivid that it was engraved in my mind, but now, when I saw the man looking down at me with such perfection right in front of my eyes, my mind became complicated for a moment.

Damn, why is that guy so intimidating?

I felt suffocated by the stiff air that I could not get used to.

I found myself unconsciously reacting meekly to the coldness of those arrogant red eyes looking down so leisurely from such a high place and the heavy, breathtaking majesty radiating from his entire body. After all, home education is important.

I crumpled my face miserably at the rejection that made me shiver without me knowing it.

It was as if I had caused an accident and was caught and punished without being able to move.

Suddenly, this space became stuffy. I can't believe I even imagined such an unpleasant situation.

I couldn't stand it any longer, feeling like it was all because of that man.

"You!"

The man's eyes narrowed subtly.
A faint smile crossed his lips, but soon he tilted his head back.

I was momentarily, really momentarily, dazzled by the neckline that was revealed at that moment. Damn.

"What on earth do you do?"

There was still nothing difficult in the eyes looking at me.

It made me feel even more suffocated.

Rotten, there's no response, it's just too much.

It's like talking to a wall.

He was a really strangely irritating person.

"What the hell kind of person are you that you can kidnap women in the middle of the street and no one says anything! Are you the King of the Night or something? I'm going to report you to a human rights organization and sue you right now!"

The man's thick eyebrows rose high.

He was momentarily confused and didn't know how to react to the words he had heard for the first time.

Of course, it was only for a very short time.

The man who had been sitting listlessly frowned and glared at me.

My liver and gallbladder became cold.

But even with the cold and indifferent gaze, I smiled bashfully.

That was fortunate.

This kind of gaze had already been trained by my father for a long time.

Of course, that guy was a bit more threatening.

After enduring for a while as the man continued to stare at me without saying anything, I frowned and complained as if I was tired of it.

"I'm not in the mood for a snowball fight right now, why on earth did you catch me?"

The man made no reply.

I, who had been staring intently, felt very upset.

"Do you know how rude you are to me just now? I feel wronged!"

I tried to make it seem as unfair as possible, even shedding tears as I argued, but the man's response was cold.

I am starting to feel better.

Still, the man stared at me without saying a word.

Red eyes with a deep bloodshot look, but with a cold and indifferent gaze.

I felt like a criminal in an oppressive atmosphere that made me remember that I was an absolute weakling. 

I bit my lower lip, enduring the goosebumps that spread across my body.

The man, who had been looking at me from the bottom up as if he was going to devour me for a long time, asked softly after a while. 

"What are you?"

I barely managed to respond.

"I am a traveler."

The man laughed.

"I'm a real traveler. Just a good traveler passing by."

Even though I raised my index finger and spoke in detail as if I was teaching a child who was lacking in something, and even gave him anccent, the man's response was cold.

What the hell.

In an instant, a deep silence fell.

It was burdensome to be alone with someone who was already difficult to handle, but when the conversation was cut off, it was even harder for me to bear.

"I told you I'm a real traveler!"

As soon as I shouted, he got up.

When the intimidating man stood high up and looked down at me, my mouth instantly fell shut.

It was an overwhelming feeling of intimidation. This man is really not like that.

My instincts sent up a red signal.

This is really dangerous, no, avoid it.

I feel like my blood is drying up. Ah!

One step at a time.

The man who came down from that high place slowly stopped in front of me.

That's right in front of my nose.

I resisted the urge to step back and stood there as if I was nailed to the spot.

The man who approached right in front grabbed my arm.

As the surprised me took a step back, the man's face came closer.

I held my breath.

I had to stare at the man's face right in front of me with my eyes wide open in surprise.

A long silence and a long moment of tension.

When his breathing became too heavy to bear any longer, he stepped back.

I immediately let out the breath I had been holding.

He took a step back and looked down at me.

But his gaze remained captivated.

Heaving chest and shoulders.

The man's lips rose in a curve.

"Prove it to me, desert traveler."

***

I screamed inwardly as I walked barefoot on the smooth marble floor.

Baddie!

No, did I do something wrong in the first place?

You're demanding proof all of a sudden!

I was so shocked that I thought I would die.

No, of course, at that moment I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even open my mouth and was dragged here by the maid who came in after me.

Oh, damn it. That's just too much.

"What are you doing? Come this way."

The maid called out to me, who was fidgeting and chewing my lower lip.

I didn't want to go, but I took reluctant steps.

The maid who walked without even making a sound was creepy. And these clothes too.

As soon as I saw the clothes, something I had forgotten suddenly came to mind.

By the way, here is my luggage!

“Ah.”

I clutched my head and floor.

Oh, I'm screwed.

It seemed like she had been forcibly stripped of my clothes and robbed along with them earlier.

There's no need to worry about theft since there's a master identification spell on the small pocket, and since it only contains miscellaneous items, I don't have to worry about my identity being discovered, but since there's no pocket, I can't escape right away!

"No, I'll give it back. It's just a small pouch, nothing special. Yeah, what would they know from looking at it? All there's in it is a water bottle and some food."

Yeah, what can they do with that?

Can't you learn it without giving it back?

Oh, of course, I guess I should ask for it back!

I lifted my head with a relieved heart after my worries were relieved.

Okay, since it's come to this, let's think of it as a resting place until I find my luggage.

Even though the landlord was a swindler.

"This way."

The place where I was walking was a hallway with several arched doors on both sides that were only covered with curtains.

At first glance, it looked like a room entrance, but rather than the fact that there was no door, I was more curious as to why all these doors were gathered in one place.

Is this the original way the building was built?

Why?

If an accident happens, do you want to evacuate quickly?

The interior, covered with several layers of thin curtains, seemed quite deep as if the interior space was spacious.

I began to feel increasingly uneasy.

What is this uneasy feeling?

In addition, the low windows were barred with intricate gold designs, and the only windows that could be opened were located high up, well above my height.

Are you saying that the people of this country don't even ventilate properly?

It was when I was suddenly having that thought.

"Now, this is where you will be staying in the harem, young lady."

The maid said, pointing to an archway at a place we reached after walking for a while.

I nodded in agreement but then detected something strange in her words.

Huh? Wait, what did you just say?

"Harem?"

The maid nodded quietly.

I closed my mouth for a moment.

"Harem?"

I screamed and jumped up and down.

Harem?

A harem!

"This is a harem? A harem?! That place in Pessian where men gather women in groups and play with them however they want!"

The maid took a step back, perhaps frightened by my chaos.

I felt bad when she saw that, but the situation was not good enough to discuss it.

A harem!

Oh, Limea.

A harem!

"That bastard! Where on earth did you put me! What on earth are you planning on doing? What am I doing! Are you crazy? Oh, mother, father, the girl has never gone astray. Please don't misunderstand!"

I was now about to cry.

Then I sat down on the spot with a tearful face.

The maid was flustered and dragged me, but I was not one to be dragged along quietly.

This place was Pessian, but I was Cromwellian.

That meant I was accustomed to Crwell's system, which meant I believed in monogamy. But a harem out of nowhere?

It can only be panic.

"Stand up, my lady. The floor is cold. It is an honor among honors to enter the harem."

"Does that make sense? Come on!"

Where are the glory and the shame?

And all that!

A relationship between a man and a woman created with true love is a blessed relationship!

If you're going to play with another woman, you might as well end it with the last one!

"Is it an honor to play with you now?"

"To be held by Him is the greatest joy for a woman."

I was speechless for a moment.

You're covering the mouth of the world's greatest Ashina, who keeps talking nonsense even when a sword is put to her throat.

But soon, I came to my senses and grabbed the maid's shoulder and shook her.

"You are being treated unfairly! You deserve better! How blessed are women who can bear children! Come with me and elevate this damned passport. Okay? I'll help you! Let's turn this country upside down!"

Oh, of course, I have to escape first.

But the maid's face looked completely devoid of understanding. Instead, she asked back.

"What kind of unfair treatment is that? If he treats me like a toy, I'm just happy."

I was astonished when I saw her face, which was even slightly flushed.

"You've been brainwashed! You're being deprived of your rights!"

"Rights? What on earth are you talking about? I am so humbled that I cannot understand."

Eventually, I took my hands off the maid.

"You're wrong. You're wrong. They don't seem to have the will to move forward."

The maid tilted her head at the sight of me suddenly looking frustrated.

The fact that these Pessian women were like that and that I couldn't escape Pessian because I lost my luggage threw me into an even deeper pit of despair.

I sat down and placed my hand on my forehead.

"Ah. I wrote it all down."

Sigh.

As my tightly shut lips loosened and a faint smile appeared, the man who had been dryly reciting the details of the investigation stopped in surprise.

The fact that his master's lips, which were always twisted and sneered like those of someone looking down from above, had slightly softened was a shock to him.

Zaid paused from reading the report for a moment and looked up at his master.

There was silence for a while, but Ra Kun didn't say much about it...

In the end, it was Zaid who spoke first.

"I guess something exciting is going on."

"Oh, there is one."

The Ra Kun looked genuinely happy, which was rare. He sat leaning against the many cushions stretched out beneath the red-fringed curtains, his hand reaching for the plate of fruit, and he smiled silently.

Finally, Zaid lowered his hand holding the report.

"What on earth is that woman? I heard you put her in your harem. Have you forgotten? Many women covet your harem. But a woman whose identity you don't even know..."

He turned his gaze.

He suppressed Zaid's pouring words with a single gesture and asked back while holding a grape to the corner of his mouth.

"Are you lecturing me now?"

Zaid, who momentarily stopped breathing due to the oppressiveness of the red eyes, barely exhaled and replied.

"I am giving you some advice. I am a loyal subject."

"How cheeky."

He said he was arrogant, but he didn't seem offended.

He just evaluated him as being 'arrogant'.

It was an expression on the voice that was dry.

Zaid searched desperately for Ra Kun, but his liege remained arrogant and easygoing.

Finally, Zaid sighed.

He looked down at Zaid again at his feeble declaration of surrender.

"What on earth does that woman do?"

He chuckled again, putting a grape in his mouth.

Surprisingly, he looked happy.

I mean that too, seriously.

What is it that makes you so happy?

Zaid couldn't believe it even after seeing it with his own eyes.


Previous            Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments