FYERIL - Chapter 30 < Messy Lyrics (1) >



“Huh? Why?”

“Those are works from a few years ago...! If you look at them now, they’re full of shortcomings. When I get back, please discard them immediately. I really do!”

“Huh? But...”

Ariana’s eyes widened slightly as if she was shocked.

“I often looked at that catalog and found solace in it. In particular, in <Girl Holding Dandelion Seeds>, the heart of a girl who can’t hold or let go of something that will soon scatter is so desperately expressed, so whenever I felt lonely because of something I couldn’t have, I would often look at it. Then somehow, I felt comforted by the girl in the painting...”

Katarina held her breath slightly as she looked at Ariana, who trailed off awkwardly.

A feeling of emptiness due to longing for something she couldn’t have.

That was exactly the image she had intended when she drew <Girl Holding Dandelion Seeds>.

‘...This must be a fabrication, too.’

Katarina felt her mouth dry.

Even in the high society, some occasional people praised Katarina’s painting skills, but no one had ever mentioned the title or gave a specific impression.

‘What a great master. I shouldn’t have underestimated her.’

Katarina rallied her mind, admitting her mistake.

She couldn’t forget the reason she had come this far.

“Hmm! I admit that you have a high taste. However, I won’t go back without saying what I have to say just because you praise my painting. Listen carefully, Miss Ariana.”

Katarina said with a stern voice, her eyes hard.

“Don’t let Dante get caught up in any more scandal. For people of high status like us, honor is like life itself.”

Ariana quietly lowered her eyes as if she was ashamed.

Katarina thought he would fight back if she brought up this topic, but it was unexpected.

Hiding her thoughts, Katarina continued sharply.

“Dante has a reason to reject my affection. If I marry Dante... the political situation of the empire will become too complicated. I know that.”

If he marries the Princess, Dante will suddenly rise to become too powerful a successor to the throne.

If she pushes her affection, too many things will change.

I know. I know that...

Katarina was biting her lower lip.

The violin performance that had been sweetly swirling around her ears the whole time began to intensify.

Katarina absentmindedly glanced at the violinist and blurted out without realizing it.

“What is this music?”

“Oh, is it bothering you? I’ll tell you to stop playing-”

“No, that’s not it.”

Katarina added hurriedly.

“I was just asking what kind of music it was.”

“Oh... Actually,”

Ariana said, slightly lowering her eyelashes as if embarrassed.

“It’s music that I was inspired by the piece that Her Highness the Princess submitted to the Foundation Festival last year.”

“...What?”

“<The Two Faces of Joy>. You captured the same amusement park at night and day on one canvas. During the day, it was full of people, and at night, it was deserted and lonely... When you asked about the music a little while ago, the last section was about the sunset where two time zones intersect. It was the most bustling with people leaving the amusement park, but at the same time, it foreshadows the loneliness that will soon come...”

Katarina covered her mouth with her fan at the careful explanation.

“You understood it this well? My intention...”

People usually praised her work for her technique or color.

That was the part that caught their eye the most, and most people just wanted to quickly praise her and try to score points with the Princess.

However, being able to explain the intention of the painting in such detail meant that she had spent a long time looking at the painting.

With sincerity and affection, and taking her time and effort.

Katarina said, slightly grabbing the hem of her dress.

“How do you know so much about this music?”

Ariana answered with a refreshing smile. As if it were the easiest answer in the world.

“Because I composed it.”

“...”

Katarina’s eyes widened for a moment.

“A song you composed? What kind of... woman, composed it?”

“Yes.”

Ariana nodded slightly.

“Like a woman painting a picture.”

“...”

Katarina was completely speechless.

After a moment, she carefully asked, catching her breath.

“You really made the music after looking at my painting?”

“Yes. It was the most impressive piece I saw at the Foundation Day last year.”

“...”

Katarina’s eyes lost focus and shook slightly.

Quickly blinking her eyelashes, Katarina suddenly got up from her seat after a moment.

“So, when you heard that I was here, you deliberately had that cute violinist play that piece of music?”

The Princess exclaimed, pointing at Ruben, and fanned herself wildly as if she was amazed.

“You planned it perfectly to win my favor! I, really. It’s incredible...!” ‘

'This is a high-level player. This is an incredible high-level player!’

It would not be an exaggeration to say that Katarina had been thrown into the social world since birth, but this was the first time she had ever experienced such a high-level player. She had a feeling that if she continued to face that expert, she would lose something important to her without even realizing it. 

“I’m going back now!”

Katarina hurriedly left the VIP room after saying just that.

I smiled silently as I watched her back, strangely flustered while still maintaining etiquette.

'You're still the same.'

It was the first time we had met in this life, but we had met a few times before I died.

Princess Katarina was the biggest fan of the Lopez Opera House, or to be precise, of the music composed by Ariana.

Before she was forced to marry a foreign royalty and leave the empire.

'I guess she won't bother me for a while with this.'

Katarina had a side that she couldn't be cruel to someone she had liked even once.

Katarina was right.

It was true that I had set up a game to win her favor.

'I feel a little sorry when I think about it that way, but...'

However, it wasn't a lie that I liked Katarina's paintings.

It was also true that I had composed this music after being inspired by <The Two Faces of Joy>.

I smiled bitterly as I watched the Princess's carriage quickly leave the mansion.

***

Another day passed.

Finally, the day of the opera in honor of the feast of St. Verdict dawned.

Elena hummed and looked at herself in the mirror.

The faces that the maids had carefully dressed up were as beautiful as flowers in full bloom.

No, even flowers would wither and lose their strength next to this beauty.

The wind was moderately cool and the sky was cloudless.

Everything was perfect.

'When my sister ruined the wedding, I thought something really big would happen.'

Instead, the incident became a hot topic and a miracle occurred where all the seats were sold out. All the performances were sold out. It was a feat that had never been achieved before.

The mansion was filled with laughter for a few days as a huge sum of money came in at once.

Edward bought the most expensive ready-made clothes from the Veloce tailor shop, and Elena also bought a lot of dresses and jewelry.

'It's amazing. How did things go so well as soon as my sister disappeared?'

Elena muttered in a voice of admiration.

"Maybe my sister was like a goddess of misfortune to us."

Why, aren't there such beings?

The ones who suddenly lose customers when they enter the store, and who bring misfortune to themselves and those around them no matter what they do.

To Count Lopez, Ariana was exactly that kind of person.

'What's so great about losing such a sister? The Marquis...'

Elena pouted as she thought of Lucas.

Lucas was trying his best to contact Ariana.

It was as if he had lost a treasure that should not have been lost.

'Why would the noble Marquis throw away his pride and do something like that... hurt my feelings.'

Elena wrinkled her nose slightly.

Of course, she could understand.

Lucas felt betrayed because his fiancée was stolen right before his eyes.

'I should comfort him.'

After today's performance was successfully concluded, Lucas would also know.

Who was the real treasure of the Lopez Opera House? Who was the one he really needed to pay attention to and devote his heart to?

'And then, I...'

I will become the Marchioness of Pedegreen. The mistress of the prestigious Pedegreen family.

That shining spot belonged to her, who was dozens of times more splendid than Ariana.

Elena smiled with shining eyes.

On the contrary, it was good.

With Ariana gone, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

“If I’m with you, even hell would be happy, uhm...”

As she hummed the aria she was going to sing today, the servants who were combing Elena’s hair complimented her.

“Your voice is truly heavenly.”

“After today, everyone will know who the most beautiful and outstanding soprano in this capital is!”

“You too.”

Elena, feeling delighted, tossed a silver coin to each of the servants.

“Oh my, thank you!”

“Really, not only is your face like an angel, but your heart is like an angel!”

Elena smiled happily as she looked at herself in the mirror.

***

“Please remain quiet!”

“The line should be this way!”

A swarm of bees swarmed in front of Lopez House.

The staff, bewildered by the situation, greeted the guests while sweating profusely.

Edward bit his lip as he looked out the window at the lively scene.

“Damn it. The guests are coming.”

It was only natural.

There were less than thirty minutes left until the performance began.

“Damn it, but why...”

Edward barged into the waiting room, biting the inside of his mouth until it bled.

“Still no news?”

Several servants in the empty waiting room lowered their heads with bewildered faces.

“Yes, yes. Not yet...”

“This damn thing!”

Edward slammed his fist against the wall.

Today was the day of the long-awaited Saint Verdict opera.

On this day, which should have been full of excitement, something ridiculous, something that should never have happened, was happening.

“Why on earth can’t I see the orchestras at all!”





A New Series, Traces of Moonlight was out now! For you who are tired of regression stories, you can check it out.
You can check it HERE!



 The New Series, Reincarnating As My Husband's Mistress is out now! 

You can check it HERE!



Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments