FYERIL - Chapter 11 < I Pick Up A Soprano Who Was About to be Fired (1) >



'What is that guy?'

I didn't even know he existed until I realized it, but once I noticed it, I was really nervous.

He was just sitting there with his arms crossed, leaning back, but he had a strange presence.

'...He looks like he's looking this way.'

Although the shadow was so thick that I couldn't tell.

"So, um, so. What kind of request did you come here for?"

I looked at him again at his question.

Okay, let's get to the point. I put the suspicious man aside and looked at the owner.

"I came here to find evidence of my cheating fiancé."

"Keuh."

Leonard coughed again, making a strange sound.

"Y-you mean cheating? Your fiancé?"

"Yes."

I nodded, wondering why Leonard was so surprised.

I know that the affair is one of the main sources of income for the Information Guild, but is it different here?

“Oh, I see, ahem. Of course, our guild specializes in such matters. Now, come this way.”

Fortunately, the owner quickly convinced me and guided me to a seat.

As expected.

I sat down across from the owner, feeling relieved inside.

“So. Is there anyone you think he's having an affair with?”

“My sister.”

“Cough, cough.”

Leonard coughed loudly.

He looked quite distressed, perhaps because he suddenly had a cough, so I handed him a handkerchief.

“Oh, thank you... Yes, cough. I swallowed my saliva wrong, ahem. Uh, so, could you tell me the details of the request again?”

I looked at Leonard, who was asking in a flustered manner, with slightly suspicious eyes.

I thought that since it was a place that was guaranteed by a trustworthy pawn shop that Wilhelm recommended, it would be a place with certain skills.

I sighed slightly and organized the details of the request clearly.

“I told you that my fiancé is having an affair with my sister. I plan to find evidence and break off the engagement.”

“...Huh.”

I couldn’t see his face properly because he was covered by a hood, but I could see that Leonard’s mouth was wide open.

He seemed quite surprised.

‘Well, is this the reaction of a normal person?’

Having been repeatedly hit on the back of the head by beast-like humans, this reaction felt even fresher.

Leonard groped his lips and said.

“That’s... That’s right. Of course, I’m the head of the Information Guild, so I’ve seen this kind of thing a lot, so I’m used to it... But this is... Of course, I’m used to it... It’s not like the animal kingdom, so... Ahem, so that’s what happened.”

“They don’t hesitate to have secret meetings in my dressing room, and even in the garden, so it shouldn’t be hard to find evidence. And I heard that this guild actively uses cameras.” 

Cameras had only recently been invented.

They would become commercialized at a frightening rate in a few years, but at this point, they were still unfamiliar.

Many people were even more reluctant because of the rumor that their souls would be trapped in a photo.

'That's why it turned out better.'

Elena and Lucas probably didn't have the slightest worry about their shameful behavior being captured on paper under the name of a photo.

There was no tool better than a camera to capture evidence.

No matter how much evidence I found yesterday, like the hair, it wouldn't have more destructive power than a single photo of the two of them stuck together.

"Please take a photo of the two of them stuck together. That's my request."

At that moment, creaked.

The door opened again with an eerie sound. At the same time, a lively voice was heard.

"Oh my, why is it so cold today... Oh! You have a guest?"

The man who had pushed open the door as if it were his own home looked at me with wide eyes and then at Leonard behind me. He blinked his eyes quickly several times and smiled brightly at me.

"Oh! Master... was serving you instead of me? Now, leave it to me, sir. I'll um... I’m only a receptionist.”

Leonard briefly explained my request to the man who introduced himself as a receptionist.

The employee shook his head.

“Oh my, your fiancé cheating on you with your younger sister... They really are beasts! But our guild specializes in catching those beasts.”

The employee’s appearance pounding his chest seemed quite trustworthy.

Now I finally felt like I was in an information guild.

The employee quickly scribbled down various things on his notepad.

“You’re so awake that you asked to use the camera first, so the progress will be quick. Since cameras are a new thing, many customers don’t trust them. Let’s see, when can you finish the work?”

“I’ll ask you within two weeks. I have to finish the divorce and focus on my new marriage within that time.”

“A new marriage?”

The employee who had been responding calmly and skillfully made a surprised expression for the first time then clapped his hands with admiration.

“Wow, you’re switching to a new carriage right after sending the old one away! You’re such a hot and refreshing customer!”

The employee, who had been surprised for a long time, gave me a thumbs up with a sales smile.

Then he whispered in a quiet voice.

“Actually, I brought in some really good herbs this time, and they’re selling really well with newlywed customers.”

“Huh?”

“A cup of tea with these herbs will make that night just... How is it? Since this is our first transaction with you, I might try to offer you a special price- ugh.”

The employee suddenly made a pained expression and stopped talking.

“Ugh, ugh!”

I saw Leonard coughing and gritting his teeth at the employee.

“No, it’s okay.”

I smiled lightly and shook my head.

“My new husband is not in a position to have sex anyway.”

Crunch.

Leonard stumbled violently, causing the furniture to fall down and make a loud noise.

The employee blinked his eyes wide and whispered to me in a panicked voice.

“Uh, uh, uh, ugh! What do you mean...?”

“I guess so.”

I answered simply, and this time I heard Leonard gasp for air.

The employee looked at Leonard and me for a moment, then said with a pitiful expression.

“Oh, I see. To relieve your worries, I will definitely complete the request you gave me on time.”

“I would appreciate it if you would do that.”

After paying the deposit, I left the building.

There was only a month left until the St. Verdict Feast Opera.

The wedding would be held three days before that.

I couldn’t waste a single moment to set off a spectacular fireworks display.

I hurriedly walked toward the next scheduled event for the day.

***

“Hehe, really. She's a really fun customer.”

The receptionist, no, the guild master of the information guild Yor, glanced at the closed door and laughed heartily.

Many people came to him, shedding tears, asking him to catch their cheating husbands, but this was the first time he’d seen a customer who was so calm and spoke only about business.

“Isn’t that right, Rio?”

The master grumbled as he turned to Rio.

“But why did you trample on my foot like that? I thought it was broken. Did I do something wrong? I quickly pretended to be an employee because Rio seemed to be acting like the guild master, but I missed something again— Haaaak!”

Instead of answering, Rio glanced somewhere.

The Master, who turned his gaze there, was startled to the point of being turned inside out.

Only then did he discover the shadow that had permeated the back of the room, in the darkness.

“Uh, uh, since when...”

A man who could hide his presence to the point of fooling himself, who had been through a lot.

And the only man that Rio, who was Duke Heigenberg’s direct aide, treated with such tension.

That was none other than Duke Heigenberg himself.

‘I didn’t say anything, did I?!’

The Master racked his brain furiously. Since the Information Guild Yor was a subordinate organization of the Duke’s family, they would occasionally come to inspect the place, but this was the first time in his life that the Duke himself had stepped foot on the scene.

It was embarrassing that he had not prepared properly to greet him, but to make matters worse, the Duke didn’t seem to be in a good mood. He hadn’t said a word since a while ago, but the feelings he had accumulated from working at the Information Guild were screaming out loud.

That man’s mood was currently extremely bad.

“You two, take your time looking around, yes! I’ll step aside! If you need anything, just call me!”

The room that the Master had stormed out of was filled with silence.

You could even hear Rio swallowing.

In the terrible silence, the man slowly opened his mouth.

“I’m not in a position to hold a woman...”

He tilted his head up toward the ceiling and muttered.

“Rio.”

“Yes, yes, Your Highness.”

“Why did that woman think I was a eunuch?”


A New Series, Regret Become the Mother-In-Law of the Heroine is out now!
You can check it HERE!


Previous                    Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments