7MIP - Chapter 51



The letter was brief and plain.

"To Agatha of the Capital."

The expedition is going smoothly. Except when the horse gets tired, it is running the whole time.

Today, Enoch just passed through two villages. There is a large river, so there is no shortage of drinking water. One of his knights is good at stewing, so the food is also satisfactory.

He stopped by the village in advance to buy some vegetables and fruits, as he thought he would be running through the fields tomorrow. So far, there has been no particular problem.

They're doing our best to arrive before the Caden Estates finish their preparations.

"Agatha, I hope you are resting comfortably in your mansion. Don't do anything dangerous and stay healthy.

I'll be back soon.

Your husband, Enoch Aratus."

It was more like a report than a letter. Agatha checked the letter again to see if anything was missing and burst out laughing.

“What is this, like someone who has never been in love before?”

Then it suddenly occurred to her that he had never really been in a proper relationship.

Because he said he didn't like Esther Portoni.

For a man who had always lived on the battlefield, perhaps Agatha was a first.

“I should also teach you how to write letters.”

She muttered with a feigned seriousness, but there was a hint of joy at the corners of her mouth.

Agatha called Jessie.

“Where is the colored stationery I brought in from the store last time?”

“I put it in this drawer. Madam, would you like some scented ink too?”

“There was a purple ink?”

Agatha bought some colored paper and a few bottles of unusual ink.

The purple ink was a special item that changed color when exposed to light and even gave off a lilac scent.

Jessie opened the ink box and smiled at Agatha's words.

“We have a new, unopened bottle.”

“Bring that too.”

The letters written in purple ink on paper the color of light grass leaves looked romantic and lovely.

Agatha began to write a letter to her husband, paying careful attention to each and every word.

"My husband, Enoch Aratus.

I read your report carefully. It was explained to me in detail by Assistant Ethel before I opened the letter.

I'm really curious about how you're doing. I told you to prepare a top-of-the-line sleeping bag, is your sleep comfortable? I packed plenty of meat for every meal, so you didn't miss anything. How was it?


If anything is missing, please let me know by letter. I am always waiting to provide you with sufficient supplies.

Looking at the map, it looks like you have to cross the Finite Tundra.

When moving through the desert, it will be difficult to consume enough fruit. I will ask them to stock up on dried fruit and fruit jam, so make sure to bring them with you.

What do you think about while you run? I'm always thinking about you at my desk.

As you wish, I am living comfortably in the mansion."

After finishing the letter, Agatha signed next to her name.

The purple ink sparkled and had a subtle fragrance, and she felt a sweet feeling spread throughout her body.

“Do you like it?”

“Yeah. Very good.”

Agatha was in a very good mood and put a sprig of purple statis in the letter and sealed it with wax.

“Just let it go like this.”

"Yes!"

The letter that Agatha wrote with care was returned with another reply.

“It took quite a while this time.”

“They keep moving while the reply is coming.”

It took weeks, not days, for a reply to arrive.

It will probably take much longer than this to get the next reply?

Agatha placed the letter Jessie brought on the desk.

“But I guess he wrote several chapters this time.”

Unlike before, it was a very thick envelope. When Agatha opened it with expectant hands, there were two letters and a bracelet made of twisted thread inside.

“Oh my! I guess that’s why the envelope was thick.”

Agatha placed a bracelet with a purple sapphire on her hand. It wasn't fancy or flashy, but it was cute and pretty.

Did he buy it while passing by the castle?

The story of a husband buying his wife a gift because he misses her from afar is a plausible romance that often appears in novels and folk tales.

“Would you like me to fill it for you?”

“Yes. Fill in the one on the right.”

The sapphire bracelet fit Agatha’s wrist perfectly. Agatha stretched out her arm wearing the bracelet and turned her wrist from side to side.

It went together better than she thought.

Every time Agatha turned her arm, the sapphire caught the light and sparkled, and the connected silver thread felt pleasant against her skin.

Now it was time to read the letter.

Unlike before, when the letter was simply written in black on white paper, this time there was a slight change. There was a small flower attached to the first page of the letter.

"Cute."

When she tapped it with her fingertips, it made a rustling sound. Looking down at the flowers that had not lost their color even though they had dried, Agasa smiled softly.

"I miss you."

Even the first line sounded plausible.

"How are you? I'm doing well.

The sleeping bag is soft and warm, so I won't be cold at all while sleeping. It might be hot sometimes.

It's before we go into the desert. I received the dried fruits and jam you prepared. It's my favorite apple jam. I'll eat a bite every day.

I don't really think much while riding a horse.

I review the terrain of the Cadden Territory and think about what strategies I can use. Then, every few days, a new strategy comes to mind.

In the evenings, when we are completely rested, the Knights' command is gathered together to discuss strategy.

We've been meeting about the same thing for days, but it's not boring. I've won fights that I almost lost and escaped death situations many times thanks to these meetings.

When I lie down to sleep, from that moment on, I think of you. I miss you.


I made the bracelet myself. I wanted to find the same color as your eyes, but it's not easy here. I'll buy you a new gem when I get back.

I am writing this letter before I go to my sleeping bag. It is late at night. I believe that we will be together for a long time after this war is over.

Don't worry, I'm doing fine. I hope you're doing well too and not sick.

From afar, your husband Enoch Aratus."


Even after reading the letter, Agatha remained silent for a long time.

It was a clumsy letter. It was full of Enoch's personality, how he was doing, and what he was thinking.

So, it was a letter that seemed more real.

Her heart hurts.

Although it wasn't written that it was difficult or painful, it seemed like it was vividly clear how much Enoch was suffering.

Her heart fluttered. Agatha took a deep breath and looked out the window.

It would have to be fall before Enoch returned.

“If I send a letter now, will he receive it on the battlefield?”

“That will happen.”

“I should send a gift too.”

A necklace would be nice. The gem would be a dark gray sapphire, the color of his eyes.

“Call the jeweler.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

Summer was coming to an end before they knew it.

A necklace with an opal-cut sapphire on a smooth platinum chain was carried in a letter and sent to the battlefield.

At the same time, Agatha was staying at the mansion and starting to organize the internal affairs of the Aratus family.

So that they would never dare to meddle with Enoch again.

Agatha will finish putting the family in order before he returns.

Unlike Nobilis, who was the heir, Agatha, who was the current official mistress of the Aratus family, had the power to do so.

On one hand, the allied forces of Aratus and Nobilis, who arrived at the Cadden territory, entered into the war.

On the other side, flat letters kept flying in from the Aratus clan, whose money supply was blocked at the top of Nobilis.

As Agatha had expected, the news of Enoch's victory came at the end of summer.

Upon hearing the news that Pabalma had arrived from the battlefield, Agatha hurried down to the hall on the first floor of the mansion.

A rider covered in dust and smiling broadly presented a scroll with Enoch's seal on it.

“Rejoice! The Aratus army has captured the Cadden territory and achieved a great victory!”

And-!

Shouts erupted from all over.

The knights who remained in the mansion, as well as the butlers, vassals, and servants.

“On the first day, the walls collapsed, and on the second day, the entire Cadden family was captured. We have also found evidence, and the commander is advancing to the next territory.”

“Congratulations, Madam!”

“Congratulations!”

It was the first act of revenge by her husband since Agatha began her political marriage.

“Now, foolish things will not be able to recklessly point their swords at the Madam.”

“Now that we’ve found the relevant evidence, I guess we can throw away the second-ranking heir’s right to succession as well.”

“You can rest easy now, Ma’am.”

All this time, she had only been passively defending herself under the protection of the Emperor and her husband.

Agatha looked at her moved vassals and recalled the events that had happened so far.

Now she's really relieved.

She felt like she had put down half of the heavy burden she had been carrying her whole life.

“Is he okay?”

“Of course. He is fine and unhurt.”

Finally, a smile appeared on Agatha's lips.

“Madam, someone has come from the palace.”

The maidservant, Jessie, spoke politely. It was a royal message from the Emperor.


 The New Series, Reincarnating As My Husband's Mistress is out now! 

You can check it HERE!


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments