TPITT - Chapter 69


The spruce forest where my teacher was hiding refers to an area of ​​the Ilimone Forest located northeast of Hadelamid.

Of course, it required a long-distance travel that was incomparable to that of a trip outside the capital.

I and Michael used the imperial palace's ultra-long-distance warp portal.

A warp portal only takes you to a warp portal in another location.

I couldn't ride the magic flying machine again and rode the carriage.

After transferring twice, I and Michael were able to arrive at Ilimone Forest.
By then, the sun was already leaning west. Michael expressed concern about entering the forest at night, but I bravely took the lead.

“There is a mid-range warp portal. It’s okay because we can go straight to Master’s cabin.”

“How far is the mid-range warp portal from here?”

“It’s not far, but it’s well hidden and off the road.”

I wandered through the pathless forest. I put up a barrier and used it like an umbrella, so I wouldn't get hurt by grass or tree branches.

Michael kept an eye on me as he followed me.

“It looks familiar.”

“When I was young, I came here for a month each summer and winter to learn alchemy. I used to take that road so often that it was as familiar to me as the road from the palace to the palace.”

“How did you end up having a saint as your teacher? Don’t the royal family receive instruction from alchemists belonging to the Imperial Alchemy Association?”

“She was originally my mother’s teacher. 6 When she entered the palace as Empress, her relationship with the priest was cut off..."

When my mother passed away, she left a will saying that she wanted to leave my alchemy education to her.

“Thanks to Father's permission and Master’s acceptance of me, I was able to receive the teachings of the great sage.”

“...You asked a pointless question. I’m sorry for having to tell you about the Empress.”

"No. It’s okay, so if you have any more questions, please ask.”

Michael squeezed out a question to change the subject.

“Well, the Empress’s teacher must be very old.”

“That’s true, but she looks very young. They say that if you belong to the ranks of the sage, your body hardly ages.”

If you reach the top in a field that deals with mana, you are rewarded with youth.

The same was true for swords that dealt with not only alchemy and magic but also swords that dealt with sword energy.

Of course, they were such great beings that they only appeared once every 100 years, so they were not common.

However, the created human, Homunculus, does not necessarily reach the peak.

The child was also born with slow aging.

“Come to think of it, Michael doesn’t age very well either.”

"Maybe."

Even so, unless you reach the level of a sage or a grand sword master, you won't be able to completely avoid the passage of time.

If that happens, it would be natural for them to be pushed out by the younger homunculus and re-adjusted to the middle or lower level, ending their lives early.

So the lifespan of homunculus was virtually unknown.

'Things will change when my Princess takes power.'

Around that time, they discovered a mid-range warp portal hidden among the tree bushes.

The stone fragments scattered on the ground reacted to my magic and floated into the air, creating a round gate.

“Let’s go in.”

After crossing space, we finally arrived at our destination.

In the middle of the red-flowered spruce forest, there was a log cabin on the second floor. I passed through the overgrown field of weeds and knocked on the door.

“Isn't she here?”

There was no response as if she was out.

I was also permitted to enter the log cabin, as I was permitted to use the medium-range warp portal.

Creak.

They opened the wooden door and went in. As we did, a guardian golem shaped like a small winged snake greeted me and Michael.

“Hello, Uro.”

The guardian golem flicked its tongue and rubbed its head against my hand.

Snakes are usually considered disgusting. It was popular among alchemists because it was a symbolic symbol of alchemy.

Michael, who followed me in, brought a birdcage from the palace.

I put it on the table. Inside the cage, I take out the cage with Alben's help.

There was a turned surveillance golem called 'Tail'.

Michael looked around.

The two-story log cabin looked exactly like an alchemist's house from a fairy tale.

The walls were lined with books, and the ceiling was hung with dried materials like curtains.

All kinds of magical tools were emitting a soft light like lights here and there.

It was a mysterious and beautiful place. The only flaw is that the book and materials are all over the place, making it very messy.

The point is that it was dirty.

I coughed.

“What kind of dust is this..."

I had this feeling ever since I saw the flower beds were overgrown with weeds. The house was a mess as if it hadn't been maintained for at least a month.

I rolled up my sleeves.

“I need to clean up a bit. Michael, stay there for a moment.”

“The Princess does the cleaning herself?”

“I was her disciple. That’s basic.”

Michael, who had been calm no matter what he looked at so far, was very surprised by the appearance.

“Princess, what did you just do?”

"Yes? Did I organize the bookshelf? I used floating magic and memory magic to find its original location. It’s no big deal.”

“No, it’s nothing.”

Michael flatly denied it.

"Didn't you accurately calculate and move the positions and orbits of several objects in that short time? It is impossible to calculate multiple coordinates without having a certain spatial perception ability."

“Is that so?”

This is a life magic that I studied because I didn't want to move my body, and it received great praise from Michael.

“Coordinate calculation is the most important in the long-range attack magic series. The Princess may have a natural talent in that area.”

“Even so, I guess I’m not good at combining battle magic.”

"No matter what, it's my job to not make you fight. I don't think I have to think deeply."

Neither I nor Michael were particularly keen on developing our hidden talents. We quickly dropped the subject.

I took Michael to see the inside of the cypress tree house.

“There are a lot of golems.”

“My mother made it. She was a golem alchemist.”

Michael again felt the need to hastily change the subject.

“Now that I think about it, I only know the Princess’s magic major and don’t know the alchemy major. What kind of alchemy did the Princess major in?”

“I’m also something like a golem.”

“Something similar?”

“Hmm, I guess it would be better to explain while I show you. Follow me. I’ll show you the room I used to use.”

I climbed the stairs and went to the second floor. The room I entered was filled with the smell of wood and herbs.

But in contrast to the calming scent, what covered the entire wall were human anatomy charts.

Realistic human body models and organ models were also placed in every corner.

Michael, who looked at this closely, immediately asked.

“Human alchemy? Princess, are you preparing to rebel?”

Human transmutation was another name for forbidden alchemy, the creation of homunculus.

Since the creation of homunculus was the exclusive authority of Emperor Hadelamid, it would be treason if anyone studied homunculus.

Of course, I was shocked and even waved my hands in denial.

“Oh, no! I don’t do things like human transmutation. I just researched how to create golems to replace organs.”

“Replacing organs?”

“Look at this.”

I showed a glass dome protected by magic. Inside, a silver-grey organ was beating with a throbbing sound.

It was a heart made with golem alchemy.

"Heart disease is the number one cause of death among the believers. But it's hard to solve this problem only with magic treatment and herbal treatment. That's why I originally studied alternative organs to transplant instead of hearts."

It was a goal I had when I didn't want the throne. My eyes became a little bit bitter.

"I'm going to hand over the heart Golem study to the Imperial Alchemy Association later. I couldn't afford it on my own because of the high research costs, so give it to the association, and it'll be okay."

Just in time, Michael saw a note that I had written down the ingredients a long time ago.

Even Michael, who was not familiar with alchemy, felt that it was expensive just by hearing its name. Some of them were things you couldn't get even if you paid like dragon's core.

That's when I said, changing the mood.

“I have to solve the problem while I’m in my lab.”

“What are you trying to do?”

“I’m going to make a guardian golem.”

Guardian golems were golems that alchemists used as pets, performing simple liaison or memory storage functions.

The imperial palace's guard golems were all variations of the guardian golem.

“To use as a liaison between me and Michael.”

"Right."

The guardian golem was also a safety device like the Aegis magic stone embedded in the scabbard.

Michael is trying to prepare for the danger that he will face when I am not around.

“Michael, can you bring me the cage with Tail in it?”

"I get it."


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments