TPITT - Chapter 70


While Michael was on the first floor, I prepared the alchemy.

First, the alchemy furnace was removed, and soft jeans were drawn on the floor and lid with magic ink. And while looking at the recipe, I put various ingredients in the furnace and started boiling it.

"200g of golem soft clay, 25g of duck harcon, 100ml of distilled water, 5g of Morpho's wing powder, 5karat of amber stone, two flower spoon of jasmine, 6 dried rose petals, 2g of the stem of eucalyptus, 10cm2 of silk, 90cm of golden thread, two lemon-flavored candies, three drops or burned wine, three teaspoons of honey, and..."

I took the guard golem out of its cage to retrieve important materials.

“Tail, it’s time to be reborn.”

I threw the whole guard golem into the boiling furnace.

It seemed like I heard a 'kkut' sound. In reality, there was no sound at all.

I fell asleep again as if I had remembered something.

I pulled out a strand of my hair and extended my hand to Michael.

“Michael is one too.”

"Here we are."

A strand of lime blonde and black hair went into the brazier.

“Okay, now let’s cover the furnace lid and activate the alchemy..."

Pot!

There was a flash of light in the room.  Michael, who had been watching the scene with interest, asked.

“Is it over?”

“Not yet. It needs to mature.”

I took the music box from the display case and turned it on. The melody of a famous song flowed out.

“There is nothing better than music to contain one’s self.”

I moved the brazier to the window where the moonlight shone through.

"Tomorrow morning, pretty and cute guardian Golem will be born."

“What shape is it made in? Is it a snake?”

"That's the taste of most alchemists. If it was my personal guardian golem, I would have made it that way, but since it's a guardian golem to share with Michael, I decided on another suitable one."

"I'm curious."

"Having wings to quickly communicate, small so as not to be held up, not strange wherever in the imperial palace, pretty enough not to look bad, but moderately insignificant so that no one cares. Do you get what I mean when I say that?"

“Ah, I see.”

Michael answered my riddle correctly.

“It’s a butterfly.”

"Correct."

I nodded and gave Michael an important mission.

“Now that I’m going to lose my Tail, I’ll need a new name. Michael, give me a pretty name tomorrow.”

The night was deep. It was a long time after the late dinner when the great sage of the forest did not return.

“I see you’ve gone far away. I have something I really need to ask you. I hope you’ll be back tomorrow.”

"While I was waiting, I unintentionally picked a lot of magic herbs while cleaning weeds using the gardening magic I recently learned. The plants growing in the sage's flower bed were different from all others."

After finishing preparing the herbs, I and Michael prepared to stay overnight in the log cabin.

I guided Michael to the guest's attic.

“Good night, Michael.”

“I hope the Princess has a peaceful night too.”

I went into the side room of the laboratory and went to sleep.

Because I had been on a long journey, I quickly fell asleep and had a special dream.

"What?"

I was sitting on the roof of the log cabin watching the Aurora.

There can be no aurora, a beautiful curtain that would hang in the bedroom of a god, anywhere but the polar regions.

I quickly realized that this was a dream.

I was aware of it and my mind was clear, but I couldn't get out of the dream.

“The teacher is a poet.”

“You feel better than before, my dear.”

A woman appeared next to Eve with an answering voice.

She was the great sage of the spruce forest, her face hidden by an owl mask.

“It’s been a while, Master. I missed you.”

“Yeah. It’s been a really long time.”

For me, who had returned from my past life, it was a truly long-awaited reunion.

While feeling a sense of sadness, I suddenly realized something was off and asked.

“But why are you meeting me in a dream? I wanted to see you in person.”

“I have exhausted myself and am now in the Crescent Moon Lake recuperating. That is why I had no choice but to take the form of a dream.”

“Yes? A convalescent?”

It was something that had never happened in my past life. My eyes wavered.

The great sage smiled and changed the subject.

“So, what are you curious about that brought you here?”

The opponent was a great sage. I asked questions without hesitation.

“Oh, that’s right, I actually regressed, so I was wondering what happened.”

“Wow, you’re talking so casually about such a great story.”

I added, fearing that the great sage might take it as a joke.

“It’s true, Master. I lived until I was 25, then I died and came back as a 17-year-old. It’s been about a month and a half since I returned. Trust me.”

“Don’t worry. I already know.”

“Yes? You know?”

"Yes."

As expected, the great sage who protected the truth of alchemy was different.

I was truly delighted that I could skip the long and tedious explanation and persuasion process.

“Then do you know how this happened?”

"Of course."

My amber eyes sparkled. The great sage paused as if she was a little troubled.

“It might be a leak.”

“Then, would it be harmful for you to answer my question?

If something goes against the laws of the world or is taboo, you get punished...

“That’s not true.”

"Sure?"

“I feel a little sorry for just telling you.”

“...You’re still being mean, Master.”

“So, shall we ask you twenty questions, my dear?”

“I don’t really like that kind of thing.”

“Then there’s no choice.”

The great sage erased her playful expression.

Even though her face was covered by a mask, the atmosphere had changed enough for me to notice.

“Because someone performed a regression ritual using the power of great alchemy and great magic. Also..."

Up to this point, it was as expected.

“Who did such a great thing?”

“If you see that you have become the axis of regression, doesn’t that give you a rough idea of ​​the answer?”

"Yes?"

I thought it was just a regression that I got, but it was a ritual that had I myself as the axis from the beginning?

It was at this moment that I opened my eyes wide. The great sage gave the answer.

“The person who loves you the most.”

It was an unexpected answer. I gasped with a shocked expression.

My eyes, soon looking up at the great sage, became moist.

“The one who loves me the most...Then..."

"It's my teacher, aren't you? O, that's why you worked so hard to get some strength. Oh, my teacher, I didn't know that..."

Putting me on the back, the sage scored without enthusiasm.

“You’re only half right.”

“Why?”

“That means it’s not just one person.”

“Hey..."

I stopped sobbing and opened my eyes wide with questions.

“There is no one who is interested.”

“Think about it carefully.”

“How many are there?”

“That kid is ordinary, so don’t be afraid.”

“Then there really isn’t any.”

“Phew... I’m so frustrated.”

A sigh poured out from the sage's mouth.

The disciple didn't even come close to the correct answer. It was a good choice not to do the twenty questions.

The great sage, unable to stand by and watch, began to give hints in the form of questions.

"The ceremony of regression is booth hemp law and grand alchemy. It requires a great deal of mana and a great deal of price. What is the sacrifice that satisfies this condition?"

“Philosopher’s stone...?”

“That was a good fit.”

“Ouch. Did I get it right?”

They used the philosopher's stone in the regression ritual?

I was even more surprised when I heard the confirmation of what I had been half-believing.

The great sage continued his questioning.

“Then think about it. Who can use the Philosopher’s Stone at will?”

“Of course, it is the Emperor of the Empire.”

“Now, the last question. Who was the last Emperor you saw?”

I couldn't answer right away.
The amber eyes shook relentlessly.

Only after a long time did I answer in a voice almost like a mumbling.

“Michaelis Agnitus..."


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments