TPITT - Chapter 68


As soon as the spirit of the dragon disappeared, the spring rain stopped as if it were a lie. The sky became clear.

There was even a beautiful rainbow visible from the ridge.

The competition was concluded and the results were announced. As everyone expected, the winner was Michael, Eve's direct subordinate and proxy participant.

I didn't include the leader Behemoth, the strongest on the island, in the tally.

It was a natural result since he was the one who destroyed the ideology of the dragon.

Unfortunately, the core was shattered and its value was greatly reduced.

The Demon Hunting Competition came to a close with an honorable awards ceremony.

Eve and Michael returned to the palace through the portal.

That day happened to be Wednesday when Michael had to work overtime according to his contract.

Eve and Michael went together to the Verdant room, had dinner, and went into the bedroom.

It was a difficult day for Eve, who had low physical strength, so she fell asleep as soon as she fell into bed. But Michael couldn't sleep sitting on the couch until now, in the middle of the night.

"The King of Homunculus."

The words that the demon dragon had called him kept ringing in his head.

'Is this a reference to the strongest homunculus?'

Even so, it was an excessive honorific title for a natural enemy.

'It would be nice to have someone to ask.'

He decided to stop worrying about problems for which there was no answer.

Just as he was about to lie down straight on the couch to go to sleep, Michael's gaze fell on the bed.

Eve was breathing raggedly as if she was very tired.

The moment he laid eyes on her, Michael was overcome by an inexplicable impulse and approached the bed.

Michael looked down at Eve's sleeping face.

His heart felt like it was tightening slightly.

Michael was well aware of this sensation because it was a pain he experienced the moment he was aiming for Eve during the day.

Imprinting was a truly cruel contract. The threat the imprinted person received when witnessing the danger of their master was heart-stopping.

If the owner dies right before your eyes, the sense of loss can be a terrible mental shock.

Although it is a very rare case, it is said that there are homunculus that go crazy and run wild.

'Am I one of those types?'

He used to laugh at them as weird guys, but now he realizes that they could be him. It's so funny.

'That's not the important thing, though.'

There is something he learned today. The Dragon can find out the imprinter through the ability to interfere with the mind.

He doesn't know if it's just Galamut's case or other demon dragons as well, but Michael is 'called the ‘King of Homunculus’ and is likely to be considered the natural enemy of all enemies.

'It is certain that during this Emperor's reign, a war to subdue the demon dragon will take place to secure the magic light. At that time, Isn't my presence putting the Princess in danger?'

There is an easy way to eliminate risk factors. That's it if Eve and Michael cancel the imprint contract.

But..

Michael grabbed a handful of Eve's lime-blond hair while she was sleeping, and then brought it to his mouth.

He Whispered.

“My Princess..."

There's something he doesn't want to give up.

In that case, all he had to do was protect her.

***

The success of Lucyard's bath business led to the success of Eve's bath products business.

Thanks to this, a large amount of funds were secured, which made the living conditions of the residents more comfortable, and allowed them to pursue social and political activities.

'Now I am a wealthy Princess.'

When you have enough sleep, you have to give it to your subordinates.

I passed out velvet pouches, each filled with gold coins, to each of my household members.

“Thank you for following me so well. I hope that everyone will continue to faithfully fulfill their roles as they do now.”

“Yes, Your Highness!”

There was one more gift prepared.

"Now, in celebration of your success, you get off early today and you're off tomorrow. Take a good rest and start going back to work the day after tomorrow."

Lian, Peony, and Hugh were happy and returned to their respective homes.

Cedella remained in her quarters, watching them with warm eyes. This is because there was no townhouse. After all, Arpel, who only had a title left, could not advance the imperial family.

“Ahem, Cedella.”

I called her with a cough.

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Cedella, go to this address.”

“This is... One of the luxury townhouses you were considering investing in. I recently heard from the broker that a new owner has been found.”

"Yes. So please come visit sometime. When you get there, the people who come to meet you will tell you what to do.”

"Yes. All right."

In response to the vague details of the errand, Cedella responded wonderfully and nicely.

'Cedella, I prepared it for you.'

In fact, I had purchased a high-end townhouse in the southern section of the river Lavello a few days ago and had two maids employed for half a year.

The whole process was handled perfectly with Alben's help.

The townhouse will be fully equipped for you to move in and relax right away.

'You'll like it, right?'

Just imagining Cedella's surprise and joy made me proud.

“Then I will go.”

"Yes. Please take your time and rest well.”

I waved my hand to see Cedella off.

After all the employees were sent away, only me and Michael remained in the shelter.

I couldn't give Michael a gift like a bag of gold coins.

This is because homunculuss belonging to the imperial guard are not recognized as private property.

'Once private houses are established in the pioneer area, private property will naturally be recognized.'

Right now it was impossible to give Michael anything of value, such as gold coins or jewels.

But there were always exceptions.

If it was an artifact worthy of a knight's writing, it could be given away, no matter how much monetary value it had.

It was a good way to give a useful gift while also making an expedient gift.

“Michael, come to my office. I have something for you too.”

I took a box of jewels out of my magic vault.

Inside, two magic stones obtained from the auction house were sparkling.

“Can you give me Nightray for a moment?”

"Here it is."

The mysterious magic stone, which alternates between red and blue lights, was mounted on a hill and a clean magic stone reminiscent of a diamond was mounted on a sword.

I returned the sword and explained.

“I thought about it, but Michael with a sword is the strongest, so I thought you didn't really need a magic stone. So I picked one that Michael would like”

“Something I might like? I'm curious. What kind of magic stone is it?”

I retorted playfully.

“Thermal magic.”

It was a magic stone that radiated heat and cold depending on the situation and regulated the body temperature of the person holding the sword.

"Indeed. I like it.”

"Uh? Really? I thought you’d be disappointed because of the level of life magic.”

“It is a gift from the Princess. How dare I harbor such thoughts?”

It's not an empty word or a joke, Michael really liked the magic stone effects.

Every time he held the sword, he felt like he would be reminded of the warmth he shared with Eve during their first meeting.

I looked a little embarrassed by Michael's serious reaction, then went back to explaining.

“Actually, what I really wanted to give you was the magic stone installed in the sword case.”

“It’s unusual that it’s not a sword, but a scabbard.”

"Yes. It's a barrier magic stone. So I thought it would be better to put it on a scabbard rather than a sword."

"Oh, my."

Only then did Michael understand my intentions.

I was trying to prepare for a situation where Michael had to fight without being able to draw his sword like last time.

What I chose was the highest-grade barrier magic stone called ‘Aegis’.

It was a high-quality item carefully selected for Michael, who was vulnerable to defensive barriers.

“The royal family can claim that the sword was used by operating the magic stone of the hilt. But if you operate the magic stone of the sword, they won't find fault like that.”

“It would be useful in case of emergency.”

“I hope you never have to use it.”

The Aegis magic stone had additional functions to match its reputation as being of the highest quality.

“When Michael is defenseless, Aegis will play by himself and block it. Not every time, only when the horsepower stone is full of mana.”

“That must be a great treasure. Is it okay to give something like this to me?”

“Of course. Who else would I give something like this to if not Michael?”

“I am just grateful for the Princess’s grace.”

My heart was filled with joy as I watched Michael setting an example.

I was delighted that I could give Michael such a precious gift.

I wanted to continue to give a lot of good things to the person who became my direct knight.

Michael said, putting the Nightray back on his belt.

“It seems that my Princess is planning on doing something special today or tomorrow, judging by the fact that you sent your servant out on vacation.”

“You’re quick-witted, Michael.”

“Where should I take you? Is it the black market?”

“Well, I'd love to go, but next time there. I'm going to meet someone very important today."

“Who is that?”

I answered with a smile.

“The great sage of the spruce forest. He is my alchemy teacher.”


Previous                Next




Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments