TPITT - Chapter 67


“Is that a thought form?”

Meanwhile, other homunculus also returned.

The fact that people gathered voluntarily, rather than receiving orders, made us realize the seriousness of the situation.

'Why doesn't Michael come?'

I looked around. The only members of the royal family whose direct knights did not return were myself and Rosenit.

Rosenit spoke to me as if showing off her resoluteness.

“He must have gone all the way to Rare to hunt a strong demonic beast, so he must be late. I’m not worried.”

I couldn't be as indifferent as Rosenit.

I couldn't let go of my worries about Michael. However, the situation at the outpost was not good enough to only think about his return.

“Um, what is that?”

The outpost suddenly became dark. At the barrier surrounding the outpost

This is because the thought body was tightly attached to it.

Pajik, pajik!

Sparks flew across the barrier. After a while, someone shouted.

“Well, the barrier is broken!”

Pachang!

It was too late to do anything about it. The thought body broke the barrier like a glass window and invaded the outpost.

“Ugh! What!”

"No! Go away!"

Thought forms poured down into the outpost like a waterfall. Instead of bouncing around on the floor, it started to clump together in one place.

Soon, a thought form took shape and roared.

Kuoooo!

A demonic dragon with huge bull horns and five pairs of wings.

At this point, people began to understand the identity of the thought-form everywhere.

“Demon Dragon, Galamut!”

Uh!

Galamut's cried out so that their ears fell off. The only wind from the roaring was going to blow the tent and push his body back.

“Knights, prepare yourselves!”

Under Brigitte's orders, the homunculus stood at the forefront. Only Snorret hit the barrier and fell back to take cover.

“I will join too.”

Briggite was ready to demonstrate magic in the rear with gloves in her hand.

"Attack!"

An attack made up of sword and magic rained down at once. However, the demon dragon accepted the attack without any intention of counterattacking or evading.

Coogung! Kugugoong!

It was an offensive in volume that exceeded the regenerative power of the thought-form. If things continued like this, Galamut's thought form would expose its core and disappear.

"What? Did you come here to commit suicide?”

Bridgette blurted out as if she was indifferent to the one-sided battle situation.

It was then.

'Uh?'

I felt that the demon dragon was looking straight at me. My shoulders trembled violently at the ominous feeling that came over me at the moment.

'I guess it's my mood.'

But my wish was immediately betrayed.

Found...

The human who imprinted the King of Homunculus...!

Galamut's voice rang directly in my head. My whole body stiffened.

It became clear the moment the words King of Homunculus were mentioned. The target of Galamut's thought form was me.

'Ah!'

Blood shining from empty eyelids. Although it is said to have become a thought form, it is a Lord-level demon dragon.

Galamut's gaze was not something an ordinary human could endure alone.

I could not move my body, as if I had been cursed with restraint. As time passed, I became increasingly short of breath.

I will take your life for revenge!

Galamut’s thought form opened its mouth wide. That was when I caught a glimpse of the red core embedded in his stomach.

Shhh!

A gust of wind blew into the station. Black cores began to coalesce in the demon dragon's large mouth.

“B-it’s breath! Avoid everyone!”

Since the demon dragon's gaze had been fixed on one spot from before, it was also clear where he was about to emit his deathly breath.

“Everyone to the rear!”

Everyone except me ran away in a hurry.

“Everyone who can use magic, put up a barrier to prepare for impact! Everyone get behind the barrier!”

At Brigitte's command, the sound of chanting a spell rang out here and there. Countless barriers were built at the rear.

Even then, I could not move even one step away from the expected location of Breath's direct hit. It was Snorret who discovered this.

“Her Highness the Seventh Princess?! What are you doing? Come here!”

“Her Highness the Seventh Princess!”

A desperate cry alone was not enough to untie the demon dragon.

'Am I going to die?'

I wanted to close my eyes tightly but realized that even that was not possible.

The black core began to swell in the demon dragon's mouth as if it were about to explode.

Finally, the breath was completed, and the demon dragon spat it out mercilessly.

Quagwagwagwang!

“Kyaaaaah!”

That was when someone screamed on my behalf.

Death did not come.

I noticed a silver lantern blocking my path and opened my eyes wide.

I wondered if the familiar sight of the back was a welcome sight. However, as if to prove that it was real, the person in front of me looked back and said.

“I'm back, Her Royal Highness.”

“Michael....!”

The restraints were lifted like a lie. I was able to call his name out loud.

The breath poured out by Galamut's thought body was unable to hit Michael and me and was flowing to both sides.

This was because Michael poured sword energy into Night Ray and blocked its breath.

Thanks to Michael, it became easier for those in the rear to hold on through the barrier.

The power of the split breath was dispersed and spread evenly across the barrier.

Finally, the long exhalation of death came to an end. Only insignificant smoke rose from the demon dragon's empty mouth.

Michael did not hide the death in his purple eyes.

“How dare you to my Princess..."

He immediately leaped towards the demon dragon.

To fire the breath from the ground, the demon dragon must stand only on its hind legs.

There is no choice but to adopt a bipedal posture. This naturally exposes the chest area.

“I will shatter your core.”

The sword energy became stronger and Night Ray's sword spirit cried out in resonance.

Michael threw his sword at the demon dragon's body, which had stiffened in the aftermath of shooting the breath.

He put it in. And the sword's energy exploded from within.

Quagwagwagwang!

With the explosion, the demon dragon lost its shape.

The thought-form, which had returned to low-level black energy, fluttered into the air and disappeared.

The King...Need to get rid of it...

Galamut's resignation was extinguished, leaving an ephemeral will to me and Michael.

I lowered my eyes amidst the black energy fluttering like ash.

'Galamut recognizes Michael even though he hasn't awakened yet.'

I looked at Michael, who burned the demon dragon with sword energy so that it would disappear even faster.

'Did you hear the word King?'

At that time, Michael looked back at me. It was murky because it was encroached upon by life.

It was only when his eyes caught me in his sight that he regained his original light.

Michael stopped what he was doing and approached me.

Then he took off his uniform coat and draped it over my shoulders. It was only then that I realized that I was getting caught in the rain.

Of course, Michael, who ran through the rain, was wetter than me.

I placed my hand in the hand that was putting the coat on me.

Our hands overlapped.

I felt trembling and was about to use a warming spell. Michael suddenly held my hand tightly.

“I’m glad you’re safe, Princess."

"Ah..."

It seems that Michael's shivering wasn't just due to the cold.

The danger of the imprinted opponent makes the homunculus feel extremely threatened.

Looking at the engraver standing blankly in front of the demon dragon trying to fire his breath.

How threatened Michael must have felt. That crisis will certainly be equivalent to fear.

I stretched out my other hand to calm Michael, who seemed unstable. I stroked his cold, frozen cheek.

“I survived thanks to Michael.”

“It’s okay now.”

A hand filled with warm magical energy melted his frozen cheek. Only then was Michael able to let out his blocked breath.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment