TPITT - Chapter 63


“I have something to talk about with Lady Anais for a moment. See you later, ladies.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

I escaped the group with Anais.

The place the two went was a place with lots of trees outside the fence.

Old trees and bushes created an appropriate blind spot, making it a good place to have a secret conversation.

After giving Michael the watch so that no one could approach me, I had a conversation with Anais alone. 

“It’s been a long time since that day, Lady Anais. I feel like I've been seeing you without gap, perhaps because I exchange greetings then through Cedella.”

"In fact, so do I. I asked you to tell me that you dare to feel familiar, and I am more than happy that Your Highness has said so first."

“Really, thank you for your hard work, Lady.”

“It’s all thanks to Your Highness's care.”

The bond that created success together was special. I and Anais smiled in silence for a while.

At that moment, Anais opened her mouth as if she had remembered something interesting.

“Did you know that the third Princess was glaring at you scaryly when you were talking to the ladies earlier?”

"Yes. My back has been sore since a while ago.”

Briggite was Among those who eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Now that we discovered the secret of our business, the 3rd Princess will not stand by. I am afraid that the anger may affect Your Highness."

“I am prepared.”

I have already experienced bullying. I still vividly remember the day Michael was almost expelled.

Anais asked as she saw my eyes darken.

“Are you already being held in check?”

“As expected, you are quick-witted, Lady.”

I told the story briefly.

“She was caught trying to steal my work related to the pioneering project. Maybe it was upsetting, but she conspired with other royal ladies at the regular tea times to harm Lord Agnito."

"Oh my God. That happened.”

“You don’t have to worry too much. Because of the failure back then, she won’t be able to touch me directly for the time being.”

I showed a difference in ny capabilities with sleep magic and also caught the weakness of Stephania, a member of the chore processing team.

However, Anais could not easily stop worrying despite my words.

'The 3rd Princess has already accepted the 7th Princess's actions as a challenge to herself."

In the meantime, I announced to everyone through Anais that I had helped Lucyard whom she was trying to devour.

It was natural for my actions to be interpreted as an expression of my intention to confront Brigitte politically.

'You probably don't know the danger.'

Anais looked at my profile closely.

The seventh princess of Hadelamid, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamid.

She was a girl with a slender build and a gentle appearance. But for some reason she never seemed weak.

Anais took a deep breath. She finally decided to ask an important question.

"Your Highness."

“Yes, Lady.”

“At this point, I can’t help but ask."

“What do you mean?”

“Even though you are acting against the wishes of the Third Princess, Your Highness is not holding back at all. That is... It leads me to believe that Your Highness had a special intention.”

“Interesting. Say it once, Lady Anais. What are my intentions?”

Anais moistened her dry lips with her tongue. A question was asked in a nervous voice.

“Perhaps Your Highness... Don’t you want the sun’s seat?”

Long after the question was asked, I turned straight toward Anais.

The sociable smile on the face staring at Anais was gone.

I opened my mouth with utmost seriousness.

"Then?"

At that moment, Anais felt her heart pounding.

There was no need to worry. Anais immediately grabbed the hem of her dress with both hands and showed the utmost courtesy.

And without paying any heed, she sat down on the floor and asked me for my hand.

“I, Anais Lucyard, will follow Her Highness the Seventh Princess until the day I die.”

I responded as I looked down at Anais, who praised me.

“You will later prove how wise this choice you have made.”

“It’s an honor, it’s an honor again.”

After completing the oath of strong military deity, I helped Anais up.

I, who had returned to my smiling Princess form, spoke.

“The secret conversation was too long. Let’s go now, Lady.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Me and Anais walked back to where the others were, shoulder to shoulder, as if nothing had happened.

***

The full-scale start of the monster hunting competition is imminent.

It was customary for each participant to receive a blessing from their lord, lover, or family member to wish them good luck and safety.

I also visited Michael among the participants who were lined up to follow this procedure.

“Take care of yourselves, Lord Agnito.”

“Don’t worry, Your Highness.”

I untied the blue ribbon that decorated my hair and tied it to Nightray's sword sheath.

Michael kissed the back of my hand as thanks.

It was time to exchange warm glances for a moment. There was a shadow passing by, dragging the hem of a loose dress.

It was Rosenit who came to Sylvestian. 

“Lord Millard.”

“Yes, Your Royal Highness.”

The sight of the silver-haired knight kissing the back of the Princess's hand attracted the attention of those around her.

“You are the Knight of the White Rose of the Empire. I believe that you will definitely bring me the greatest glory.”

“I will keep this in mind, Your Highness.”

It was a declaration that anything less than the best would be tolerated.

Rosenit, who was usually very benevolent, was strict only with the knights under her direct command.

Me and Michael's location was right next to them.

Of course, Rosenit found me but pretended not to see me and left.

'You're worried that your victory will be taken away by Michael. '

I wasn't particularly angry at her childishness. I was more concerned about Sylvestian, who was left without even being told to pray for a safe return.

I couldn't help but say a word to him, who was treated only as a tool of victory.

“Lord Millard, I hope you too take care of yourself.”

“Thank you, Your Highness.”

I also left the participant area. Then Michael spoke to Sylvestian.

“You are lucky to receive the blessing of my Princess.”

Sylvestian just smiled bitterly.

Michael also added a word to him who felt sorry for him today.

"I won’t be defeated easily, but don’t overdo it.”

“Those are not appropriate words to hear from your biggest competitor.”

Michael and Sylvestian lined up again and stood in their seats.

Surrounding them were well over a hundred noble participants lined up.

There was no royal family. In principle, the royal family does not directly participate in hunting competitions.

Hadelamid was a science empire that valued alchemy and magic for a long time.

Holding a sword, such as hunting competitions or duels, was considered a level below academics.

So the royal family all appointed homunculi as their agents.

Michael looked straight ahead.

There was an entrance to the Galapagon Forest where the devil roared and vomited various strange cries. 

Woooooo!

The sound of a huge horn made from the horn of the first demonic dragon echoed across Galapagon Island.

The hunt has begun.

The participants, including Michael, escaped the barrier and dispersed into the forest.

I was watching it with Julia and Anais in the audience space. 

Behind them, a group of ladies could be heard whispering among themselves.

“Who will win?”

“This time too, he will be a direct knight, right?”

“That’s natural.”

Everyone was in awe of the fighting power of the homunculus.

It was everyone's interest who would be the winner of the competition.

Anais and Julia also had a conversation on the same topic.

“Last year it was Lord Hallsten. Many people believe that the game will change this year with the participation of Lord Millard and Lord Agnito.”

“Lord Millard was famous as a talented person in the imperial palace and was even offered the best house by Her Royal Highness the 8th Princess this time. And everyone seems to be looking forward to Lord Agnito's ability because he was nicknamed the monster of the public prison."

I searched through my memories in silence.

In my last life, today was like the splendid debut stage of Sylvestian, who had just become a knight under Rosenit's direct command.

This is because he robbed the Behemoth lair and captured the leader Behemoth.

From then on, Sylvestian gave Rosenit the honor of winning all contests, duels, and competitions in the imperial palace.

Two years later, after Michael entered the palace, he had to give up his position as the strongest man.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments