TPITT - Chapter 62




About 200 people gathered, including participants and spectators.

It had become a social gathering place as good as a standing banquet.

‘Oh my, look over there. The 7th Princess has arrived.'

There was a bit of a buzz around Eve's appearance.

The attention was natural. Eve's position in the political and social circles was nothing compared to the past when she was treated as an outcast.

Eve imprinted homunculus, who was called the monster of public prison, was given a room of fresh garden, and was involved in Desmond II's pioneering project.

In addition, it was the first source of pearl ink, which is rumored to be a legendary item among aristocrats these days.

Nobles were already approaching from all directions, hoping to talk to Eve.

Eve didn't even give them a glance, but instead looked for Julia first.

At that moment, I saw a red-haired young lady in the center of the group talking.

"...So at first, I thought they were magic partners. How did you give me such precious and pretty things as a gift... Oh, my God, you're coming over there, Your Royal Highness, the 7th Princess!"

Julia also found Eve and welcomed her warmly.

“Nice to meet you, Lady Ameloth. How have you been?”

"I've been looking forward to seeing Your Highness at the hunt. You look really good in your dress and jewelry."

“With the help of Lady Ameloth, I was able to decorate every detail.”

What I wore today was an empire-style, high-waisted dress.

The point of the short jacket called a spencer, was that it was tight just below the chest.

The skirt was unbalanced and the front part was shorter than the back part, so not only boots that came up to the shin but also black overlay socks were seen on it.

The color combination is basically a cream color background with dark blue and gold accents.

It was a design that naturally caught the eye without being forced to stand out.

By saying hello to Julia, I was able to naturally join the group.

I also greeted the other ladies.

“I’m late to say hello. Nice to meet you, ladies.”

“Meeting Her Highness the 7th Princess.”

The ladies sang together in sweet voices.

After briefly saying hello to Michael, they gathered around me. The eyes that looked at me were all bright.

"Your Highness, I am glad you came. I was just talking about pearl ink."

“I heard that the pearl ink Lady Ameloth is using was a gift from Your Highness?”

"If you don't mind, may I know where you got the pearl ink? My mother is urging me to get it for her birthday."

"Me too. I’m jealous of how Lady Ameloth brags about it.”

I smiled softly and answered.

"Pearl ink is made by myself using a special mineral powder."

“Oh my, Your Highness herself?”

“She is the 7th Princess, who is also talented in alchemy.”

While complimentary words were being exchanged, the Lady of Viscountess Laonnet, who was interested in painting, came forward.

“Could you please tell me what kind of mineral it is made from and how to make it? I want to draw a picture with this.”

“Hmm..."

It was a question that would have made Peony angry if she were around. Fortunately, Julia stepped forward appropriately.

“Lady Laonnet, why am I using it because I asked you to give away the secret to making it?”

“Oh, sorry.”

The ladies thought that Julia was the only one who wanted to use pearl ink. However, Julia had a different goal.

"Hmmm! When it comes to minerals, it's our Ameloth, which is deeply related to jewelry. Why don't you take this opportunity to run a pearl ink business with me?"

The ladies were very surprised.

Even during this time, everyone was impressed by the business sense of not missing an opportunity.

At the same time, a young lady who had attained enlightenment intervened. She was Olivier of Count Yegrin, famous for her cosmetics business.

“The pearl in ink must have great utility. Is that mineral harmful to humans if it comes into contact with it?”

"No. It’s safe.”

"That's great! Then how about making lipstick and shadow with this and creating an innovative product with a sparkly effect? What do you think, Your Royal Highness? Why don't you start a cosmetics business with our Yegrin family?"

Olivier also suggested business to me.

Olivier and Julia's gazes clashed fiercely.

It was a time when the atmosphere of checks was flowing. One more person was breaking in.

“Oh, you are having an interesting conversation. Can I get some shares too? I thought it would be good to use it as an architectural pigment.”

"Oh. Count Lucyard.”

Anais approached, her brown hair flowing.

“I see you, Your Highness. How have you been?”

“I had a good time. I’m glad that Lady Anais seems to be doing well too.”

Me and Anais exchanged a gentle smile.

It was our first time meeting in person since Rosenit's birthday banquet.

However, there was a feeling between us as if we had known each other for a long time.

Julia noticed this atmosphere right away.

“Lady Anais, I guess you had a relationship with His Highness before?”

“We often exchanged greetings through Lady Arpel.”

“If it’s Lady Arpel... Are you talking about Her Highness’s personal maid?”

"Yes, that's right. Unfortunately, I have not received your handwritten letter in pearl ink, as it have been communicated not by letter but by a person. What a shame."

Anais spoke as if she was jealous of Julia, but in reality, it was a subtle boast.

This is because conveying greetings in person rather than through letters indicates a closer relationship.

Julia, who was easily provoked, could not hide her angry look. Anais pretended not to notice and went back to her business.

"Wouldn't it be wise to do business with a professional entrepreneur, Your Royal Highness? I'll buy all the mines where the minerals are buried right away. It just so happened that the public bath business was a huge success and we needed a new investment to pump out the overflowing funds. At this opportunity, we should elevate the Luciard corporation to the top."

Only then did Julia come to her senses.

“When it comes to the luxury goods business, there is no better place than Ameloth. The return rate depends on how much you value goods. Our Ameloth is the right person to be proven in our jewelry business."

Olivier also stepped forward.

"When it comes to luxury goods business, Yegrin doesn't lose. Far from it, dressing up is like a social flower! Leading a fashion and culture is a way to raise the dignity of the Royal Highness. This is the chance to acquire not only wealth but also fame. Please hold Yegreen's hands,  Your Royal Highness!"

Anais, Julia, and Olivier were all so competitive that they couldn't miss an opportunity.

I smiled and settled the situation.

“Do I really need to choose a side?”

"Yes?"

"The use doesn't overlap, so I think it would be good to invest all at once. I'll discuss the details at my place in the future. I'll take the three of you to my palace, Verdant room, in a little while."

"Ah! I understand, Your Highness!”

That concludes the problem with Perl.

As the atmosphere of checks disappeared, the common denominator of business naturally brought Anais, Julia, and Olivier together.

As expected, a recent issue was Lucyard's public bathhouse project. Julia asked Anais something she had been curious about for some time.

"I heard that the bath business of a small number of people has been very successful. Just one question. Magic stone prices are skyrocketing, and the more you receive customers, the more you will suffer."

It was the question that both I and Anais had been waiting for. Anais answered with a smile.

"Even so, it was a part that was going through a lot of difficulties. I almost failed to meet the unit price set by the imperial family, so I went bankrupt with the Luciard company."

“Oh my! How did you solve it?”

" I have devised a way to procure hot water without the use of the magic stone. It is a way to heat the water by passing a hot water pipe through the oven of a bakery in the surrounding area."

“How did you come up with such an idea?”

“It is the wisdom given by my family's benefactor.”

“It’s really interesting what kind of brilliant person he is.”

Everyone was curious about the benefactor of Count Lucyard.

Anais then gestured for permission and I nodded.

Anais said politely to me.

“This is the 7th Princess who is here.”

"Oh!"

"Oh my God!"

Exclamations erupted from everywhere.

There were quite a few nobles who were secretly listening to the conversation, so there was a lot of commotion around.

I calmly opened my mouth.

"I thought that the bath business would be of great help to prevent infectious diseases in the society, so I wanted to help Count Luciard. I have also been very interested in promoting cleanliness among my citizens for a long time."

Anais boasted that it was this time.

“Do you know that, ladies? The high-quality soap provided at our bathhouse is also made from Her Highness’s recipe.”

“No, Your Highness even the soap that I can’t buy without?”

“Hehe, yes. In fact, it’s almost like a partnership between me and you.”

The word ‘partner’ was enough to set Julia on fire. She glanced back at me 

“Your Highness, please partner with me quickly. Please."

“What you are already doing?"

A puzzled look appeared in Julia's green eyes. I whispered in her ear.

“We decided to make it together, right?”

"Ah."

“Of course, this is still a secret between me and Julia. You know?''

"Yes!"

Julia seemed to feel better right away and smiled brightly with a slightly flushed face.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments