TPITT - Chapter 64


'Maybe Michael will win?'

Actually, I was a little dazed.

It was unimaginable for me to win the honor of winning such a grand competition.

I was more accustomed to always watching and congratulating someone in glory.

I also wasn't the person who enjoyed deciding between victory and defeat or superiority or inferiority.

I once again realized my attitude was not very desirable.

'I've had Michael as my direct knight for a long time, so it would be good for me to have more confidence.'

Just then, Julia jokingly asked a question.

“What do you think, Your Highness? Who will win among Lord Hallsten, Lord Agnito, and Lord Millard?”

“Of course, Lord Agnito.”

For a moment, I felt a gaze piercing my cheek.

When I glanced back, I saw Rosenit from afar, staring intently at me with pink ruby-like eyes.

“Oh my, Her Highness the 8th Princess... I guess the rumor that you have bright ears is true.”

Julia and Anais covered their mouths and whispered.

No longer could anyone see if all the participants had gone deep into the forest.

I couldn't see the humidity.

The beast-hunting competition usually lasts 5 hours.

It was a boring time to just wait, so the spectators remaining inside the barrier needed something to enjoy of their own.

“Shall we go on the heavenly ark too?”

The sky ark meant a cruise ship floating in the sky.

When you board the Sky Ark, you can slowly circumnavigate Galapagon Island and see the scene and the situation participants.

I naturally voted yes.

It was when I, Julia, and Anais were all trying to move to the Floating Stone, the dock of the Sky Ark.

There was someone who intervened.

“Can I join you too?”

“Sir Limitiello?”

It was Calix, a rich blonde handsome man.

He always went out with five alumni friends, but for some reason he was alone today.

While I was puzzled, Calix greeted me politely.

“I wanted to see you again, Your Highness.”

"Yes. Nice to meet you, Young Master.”

Now that I think about it, I remember that when I broke up with Calix, the ending was a bit delicate. Coincidentally, he also pointed out that point.

“You don’t know how sad I was to part ways with Your Highness that day.”

“I think it’s a good thing I woke up before I showed up drunk.”

Calix was stung by the soft but serious words.

"I'd like to apologize for the incident at that time, but I just want you to know that I never intended to make you drink a strong drink."

“I guess so. I know you were trying to get something out of me by drinking instead.”

At that time, there was a little willingness to be deceived, but with Michael's help, there was no need to do so.

“What did you want?”

“It’s a bit difficult to talk about it in a place like this.”

Then Anais and Julia, who had been quiet until now, opened their mouths. Of course, it wasn't favorable content.

“Well, I think that statement will be more misunderstood.”

“I didn’t know honor when I committed the problematic actions, but now that I’m admitting my mistake, I guess my honor has become more important.”

Calix was in great trouble due to Anais and Julia's seemingly coordinated attack.

I intervened.

“It seems like the request was quite personal. I don’t want to push you, so I’ll listen to it separately later.”

“Thank you for your generosity.”

"I'm afraid I want to enjoy the Ark with all the people here. I'll see you next time. please excuse my refusal."

"No. I'm just glad you told me the following. Have a great time, Your Highness.”

Although it may have been a fruitless conversation for Calix, he walked away with a very touched expression on his face.

Treating the dull conversation with Calix as a fling, the three, including me, went to the dock and boarded the Sky Ark.

The ark, protected by the highest level of barriers, opened its gill-like sails.

Soon the ark flew into the sky and began to wander away, kicking the harpy.

The panoramic view of Galapagon Island, with its unique ecosystem, caught my eye.

“It’s amazing no matter how many times I see it. It felt like I was in a world 300 years ago.”

“It is just as Lady Ameloth said. In those days, there would have been a lot of magic.”

"Yes. Just like the demon dragon.”

What Julia and Anais were talking about was really far in the past.

A dark age when Gods abandoned this world, divine power disappeared, demonic beasts abounded, and demonic dragons were born to disturb the world.

At that time, the Hadelamid Kingdom created a homunculus using the power of alchemy to fight against the demon dragon.

As the subjugation of the demon dragon was successful, it was natural to obtain the demon concentrate and develop magic.

The dynasty has now been elevated to the status of an imperial dynasty.

They even enjoyed power.

If it weren't for the homunculus, the previous Lord-level demon dragons would still be tormenting humans without being subdued.

Among them, if Galamut, who is famous for being powerful and vicious, were alive, the horror would be indescribable.

It is now a grateful dragon that has been feeding the empire for more than 100 years as a legacy, but at that time, it was really an evil dragon that people would shudder even if they heard its name.

I also participated in the conversation between Julia and Anais.

“Now that I think about it, there is a story that Galapagon Island is the place where the demon dragon Galamut was born.”

"That's right. I heard it too.”

“It is said that ever since Galamut was subdued, rares have always been taken by the strongest person on the island. Even though it is subjugated every year and the owner changes.”

“If I want to win, I guess I can go to the rare?”

It was then. Beyond the mountain peaks, he saw the dark clouds coming in from the western sky.

"Uh? Is it about to rain?”

The dark sky foreshadowed spring rain on the Demonic Beast's Island.

“Mark.”

Michael used mana to engrave the mark of the Seventh Princess on the carnivorous plant beast he had just caught.

The hunted demon beasts mark the names of the hunters in this way and tally them all at once after the competition time ends.

Of course, dust is just dust.

To win, a big hit was needed rather than something small like this.

'Where on earth is Galamut's rare?'

Michael's disadvantage was that he did not understand the geography because it was his first time participating.

He felt the presence of other demonic beasts flocking around him.

The insectivorous plant, or swamp nepenthes, is famous for its herd life, so it must have been a colleague of the one who just died.

Swamp Nepenthes was a magical beast with a shark-like maw in the center of its brilliant petals.

The roots hidden in the swamp come alive like tentacles to capture the opponent and suck blood like nutrients, so they had to be careful about their feet in the battle.

Five more came, but one of them was particularly large.

Of course, it was defeated in an instant without much difference.

Michael shook off the thick purple slime from the night ray and approached the writhing Nepenthes.

However, the moment the mark was about to be engraved, Nepenthes closed its petals like a bud and burst open.

There was no shock.

However, an unknown purple smoke spread out and Michael quickly covered his nose and mouth.

Hehehe!

At that time, the wind blew and blew purple smoke into the distant sky.

The gust of wind formed a purple whirlpool in the sky and then burst into flames.

Michael felt the magic and looked to the side.

“The pollen of Nepenthes is deadly poisonous. It’s difficult to drink it.”

“I know that much, Sir Wint.”

Snorret Wint, a knight under the direct command of 6th Prince Derek, was there.

“And when the pollen spreads, this area will form a Nepenthes forest.”

“Not bad. Isn’t Galapagon Island a breeding ground for demonic beasts anyway?”

Michael and Snorret, who had a light conversation, checked each other's movements.

“Lord Agnito, which way do you intend to go?”

“I'm thinking of crossing the swamp. If tried to get to the other side, I'd recommend you to find another way. I've already wiped it out."

"Right. Thanks for letting me know."

"You're welcome. But do you know where Galamut’s rare is?”

"Of course."

Snorett, a participant for the third year, was well-versed in the geography of Galapagon Island.

“Lord Agnito, I think it would be okay to tell you about your strength.”

Snorret willingly provided information to Michael, Eve's direct knight.

She drew a map with light in the air.

"It's here. I wish you good luck.”

“Thank you, Lord Wint.”


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments