THYU - Chapter 109


It was late to begin with because she was reading a book, and she was thinking about various things about the vows. Violet fell asleep near dawn.

Violet, who only opened her eyes near lunchtime, raised her upper body in surprise to find Winter sitting on the bed and looking down at her.

"What are you doing here?"

"The maids were worried and came to see me because I didn't wake up at all. Please wake me up."

"I see."

Violet stood up.

Winter, who wakes up every day at dawn. dressed up smartly today as well. Violet ran her hands over my face.

"I fell asleep too late while reading the book you gave me."

"Looks like you had fun."

"Thanks to you, I was a lot more relaxed. Thank you."

"How about it, now you know that I'm no longer a sexual fanatic, right?" 

Violet answered seriously to Winter's teasing question.

"Yes. Just as you said, it seems like men become immature in front of women's breasts."

At her analytical tone. Winter gave up trying to say something and sighed. 

"...Okay, where is it?"

Winter was reasonably convinced and pushed open the door.

"Stop getting up. If you leave, the employees will know that you didn't collapse from illness."

"Others don't think I'm weak like you do." 

"What are you talking about? I'm better."

"Others look at you like you're a baby bird that just came out of an egg."

"You're saying you're not?" 

When Violet asked, he answered calmly.

"I think it's at least as big as a baby deer." 

"You always make fun of me."

"Why do you think that? I'm serious."

After finishing speaking, Winter lifted Violet by both arms and sat her on his lap. When Violet was startled and tried to escape, he wrapped one of his arms around her waist tightly, trapped her, picked up her slippers, and put them on her feet one by one.

"I think the servant is helpful."

"I won't let you sit on another servant like this."

"That's natural. I will make you disappear from the world."

"Is that some kind of scary joke?"

"I was sincere from now on, but why do you keep thinking I was joking?" 

Winter clicked her tongue and said.

As soon as Winter relaxed into her slippers, Violet stepped off his lap. 

"I have to get ready now. Your parents will be here at 5 o'clock."

"I guess so..."

"I will try everything to persuade them not to pass on the title to you. Are you mentally prepared?"

"I have no intention of being soft on my parents anymore." 

Violet nodded at Winter's reply and took out a book she had kept on the bookshelf in her bedroom.

"I looked into the history of the Blooming family to see if it would help me compete for the title. The Blooming family has never had an illegitimate child take the position of head of the family. But on the contrary..."

"On the other way?"

"He has never registered. So, if you claim that there has never been an illegitimate son inheriting a title in your family, you can lust refute that it is the first time that you have been registered."

"Hmm."

Winter muttered in surprise. 

"So you gave birth to everything and then threw it away. The blood of a great family ran through my body." 

With that sarcasm, Winter got up and walked away with great strides.

His gait suddenly became smooth, as if the airship accident was a thing of the distant past, Violet thought that his movements as he approached her were very neat. There was still a crookedness, but it was a crookedness that was felt among young noblemen.

Just when Violet was thinking that hiring an etiquette teacher wasn't a total waste of money, Winter stood in front of her. Then, he took the book from Violet's hand, who was standing with her back to the bookshelf, and placed it high up out of her reach.

"What are you doing?" 

When Violet asked, Winter asked back.

"So, other than being Immature, you learned nothing from that book?" 

"If there's anything to learn I think the female protagonist's desire for success is very worthy of imitation."

"What about the female protagonist taking off her clothes and waiting in bed?" 

"It was very shocking."

"Didn't you think you should follow suit?"

"Isn't being imitated mean imitating desirable behavior?" 

"Does this mean that the current action to reconcile with the male protagonist is not desirable?"

"Bewitching the other person with your body when you did something wrong..."

"It's something you would do." 

Winter took a step closer to her rebuke.

Violet unconsciously turned her head when the two people's bodies got close enough to touch. Winter asked her in his joking tone.

"Our Princess would love my body to death, right? Should I always go naked? Hmm?" 

"When did I say that?" 

Violet pushed Winter, who smiled teasingly, with a straight face.

"Get ready to leave quickly."

"Can you really meet them? Your parents." 

Violet nodded.

"I am mentally prepared."

Winter said, taking out the book he had placed high again. 

"Read and attend the meeting. I can't believe our Princess prepared so much, so I should do a little too."

"Thank you."

Instead of answering, Winter waved and left the room.

After a while, Jen came in to change Violet's clothes. In her hands were the fancy shoes that Winter had predicted.

"Look at this, Little Madam!"

 "Oh my goodness"

The shoes, studded with colorful towels, were dazzling with their splendor.

Jen said as she changed Violet's clothes.

"Aren't the shoes so pretty?"

"Yes, it's really pretty." 

"I thought of this when I saw the shoes. Before The eldest lady once gave the baby shoes as a gift, why?" 

The moment Jen spoke, Violet's face turned white as she remembered the events of that time that she had buried. Jen felt sorry for that, but couldn't hear it and continued.

"I told the secretary about it, and she told me never to tell the CEO."

As Jen, who told Violet everything without hiding anything, started chattering, Violet paused and then smiled.

"I see. Yes."

"Why do you want to keep it a secret? You know Little Madam, right?"

"Uhm."

Violet was lost in thought for a moment. And suddenly, she remembered the painful moment when her whole body felt as if it wouId break, and she took a trembling breath.

"I think it would be best to keep it a secret."

Jen was impressed by Violet's frozen expression.

Clearly, giving those baby shoes as a gift was a big problem. Jen, who was already worried that Winter might be soft on her parents, remembered something about Violet's sad face.

Jen's eyes widened, she changed Violet's clothes, went out for a moment to get some jewelry for her hair, and then headed straight to Winter's office.

As soon as Jen heard the knock on the door telling her to come in, she hurriedly opened the door and entered.

Winter said, who had finished preparing early and was reading the book marked by Violet.

"I heard you bought all the cameras."

"That's not it. The little lady received the baby's shoes."

As soon as those words came out, Hayel's eyes, who were standing next to him and organizing the documents, widened. Jen continued.

"I don't know what it is, but I feel like I need to say it. My master and her wife are coming today, so I'm worried at that time..."

Hayel hurriedly ran to her.

"Jen, we'll talk later." 

"When will we talk next? I need to talk about it now, I can't see my little Iady getting hurt again. The CEO scolded the little lady that she was a child born out of infidelity and didn't even pretend to see it. At that time, I couldn't get angry or cry for fear of what would happen to the little madam child. She just kept quiet. She doesn't take any medicine, so she can't sleep because of headaches every day, and she's really worried about her child."

Thinking about it, Jen whimpered as if she was dying of sadness.

"When I thought about it, I thought it was strange, so I came. I heard it that day. The owner and the eldest madam said that the CEO and the little madam, they would not be able to have children. However, the gift of baby shoes to Little Madam was clearly intended to hurt her."

"What did you say now? Who's sending baby shoes?" 

Jen flinched when Winter asked in a clearly rough voice. Only then did she think Hayel had made sense in telling her to keep it a secret. However, when she saw Violet's pale face, she was not in a state where she could make a rational decision.

"Big Madam."

Winter got up from his seat. I always thought he was big, but strangely, at this moment, Winter gave the impression that everyone around him was unusually big. He said with a stern face. 

"Take Violet out. If she says no, take her to Ogel Garden."

He continued.

"If Mrs. Enna Tesia Orel says she's not feeling well. Violet will also give up here and go there. To Mrs. Enna... I'll send her a message in advance saying that I did it so Violet wouldn't be able to meet my parents, and I'll apologize for taking all the good wine I bought for guests and saying it was my request."

"Yes, yes..."

Jen answered awkwardly and left.

After a while, when the room became quiet, Hayel took a step back, thinking that Winter was going to throw something. But Winter didn't throw anything. He just stood there, then turned around and opened the cupboard. 

"Wow, CEO."

"Violet is going out." 

Winter said angrily, opened the bottle of liquor he took out from the cabinet and took a gulp.

The bottle seemed to be emptying quickly as if he was feeling extremely thirsty. Hayel urgently took the bottle.

Winter, who was dazed for a moment after being taken away, muttered.

"My wife will never forgive me." 

"What are you saying? The little lady is truly generous."

"I will never be forgiven." 

He muttered with a face like a dead man.

***

Violet's face turned pale when she heard that Mrs. Enna, Sharon's maternal grandmother and the owner of the Ogel Flower Garden, was sick, and she boarded the carriage frantically. 

"Did you hear how much she hurt?"

"No, I didn't hear it. They just said she was lying down."

"Oh my gosh. I'll come see you as soon as I get back."

Jen was so worried that Violet looked like she was going to cry, which made Jen feel very guilty, but there was nothing she could do.

Those damn baby shoes. What was the problem that made Violet and Winter look like their world was falling apart?

As Hayel said, Jen saw Winter in severe shock, but there was nothing she could do. She was always on Violet's side. It was a premise Jen could never back down from, having seen what happened right around the time Violet believed she was pregnant.

The carriage ran for some distance and arrived in front of Ogel Garden. As Violet entered, her face full of worry, Enna, who had received the pre-telegram and was imitating a patient, greeted her.

"Violet, it's been a while."

"Grandma, where does it hurt?"

When Violet asked with tears in her eyes, Enna, who is vulnerable to lies, said awkwardly.

"At this age, it just hurts here and there..."

"But I heard you collapsed."

"So? Oh yeah. Suddenly my eyes turned white... When I woke up, there was a bed."

Enna also had a strong desire to get Violet away from her in-laws who had hurt her so much. So what she made up was such a shock to Violet that her face turned white.

Violet grabbed Enna's hand.

"Go lie down. I'll be right next to you."

"Yes. I guess I need to lie down for a bit."

While Enna was making excuses, she didn't want Violet to come and support her, so she was led by her hand and headed to the bedroom.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments