THYU - Chapter 110


By the time the Bloomings arrived. Winter had become somewhat sober.

The three immediately started eating in the garden.

The Bloomings were left speechless by the beautifully decorated dinner table.

Precious plates that cannot be found anywhere in the world decorated the table, and flowers that were very difficult to find were planted around the table.

There, bright bulbs illuminated the darkened spaces. In the south, electric wires had not yet been brought in, so everyone was using only kerosene. 

The Duke and Duchess of Blooming were so envious of the gorgeous lights surrounding the mansion that they almost thought lazily about stopping their fight with Winter and reconciling.

However, contrary to their true intentions, the couple did not reveal any such feelings. Catherine, who had been eating in silence for a while, opened her mouth.

"Violet seems to be very busy. We're coming, but she doesn't even come and see us."

Winter laughed out loud at Catherine's words.

"Wait a minute. I sent her somewhere. I want to drink during the day. I can't drink when her wife is around."

The eldest son, who seemed a bit intimidating even when he was sober, was drunk, so both Catherine and James felt a little threatened.

Winter took a sip of water and pointed to a centerpiece made of jeweled flowers.

"My wife is becoming more and more interested in me, and these days I have a hard time trying to be snobbish. To make you two regret, I told her to show you how much money you lost and brought something like that... I guess you two didn't know how much she was spending, my Princess. I just brought something like that."

James frowned at his words and said.

"She makes it sound like we only care about you financially."

"It's true. Like it's nothing."

"It's not true. How can I love you more than this?"

Winter turned one ear off as the couple, who had a strong desire for this garden, took turns talking. Winter seemed to be reluctant to eat a meal centered on meat, so he immediately put down his spoon and hung his arm on his chair.

"Why did you do that?"

"What do you mean?"

When Catherine asked, Winter answered with an indifferent expression.

"You knew that a child could not be born between me and my wife. So why did you send her baby shoes to my wife?" 

The couple paused at his question. But Catherine soon spoke as if nothing had happened.

"I thought a miracle had happened. I've told you this many times, but we've never given her such poor-quality medicine. If that was really true, why would we have sent baby shoes?"

"Ah, so that's why you sent it."

Winter, who finally understood, burst into laughter.

"Are you sending baby shoes to excuse yourself later? Are you trying to use it as proof that you have never been given such medicine?"

"If it serves as evidence, then do so. But 
that's right. If you didn't think we had children, why would you give such a gift?" 

For such lies. As a result, he drove a nail in

to my wife's chest as evidence. Maybe they didn't even know what the problem was. Winter was actually able to understand his parents very well. He did not hesitate to do such things to protect his property. He wouldn't have amassed this much wealth if he hadn't done that. His wealth comes from other people's losses. 

Even back then, in his parent's eyes, he was already seen as someone who would sacrifice everything for his wife. So, he guessed they tried to kill his wife. Winter kept laughing without any reason.

Even back then, he already cared about Violet so much that he didn't even compare her to things like money. Ironically, standing in front of his wife's enemy, he saw it. 

Winter took another drink and opened his mouth.

"Now I know. Not all nobles are as elegant as my wife. My wife was particularly noble. She's a Princess to the core." 

Winter thought for a moment and then spoke again.

"There is no need for a title or anything like that. If you are going to dig it up from the family, dig it up."

"Don't talk like that."

 "But if you don't appoint me as your successor..."

Winter thought for a moment and then opened his mouth. 

"From now on, I will cut off all contracts with the southern nobles. Warhoson, including you two." 

Hayel was the one who reacted the most to his words.

In fact, the people sitting here, except Hayel, could not know the exact Impact of Winter's words. Hayel spoke carefully.

"Well then... All Kanik businesses in the south will be withdrawn."

"Yes, after you finish speaking. I will prepare for the meeting."

Hayel hoped this was an empty check, but Winter's expression did not look like he was faking at all.

He was using the method of threatening to destroy the entire money chain of the South as a means of putting pressure on the Blooming family, the heirs of the South.

Winter said calmly.

"I have the power to make other businessmen feel at risk just by closing down my business in the South. If I close my business, businessmen will also feel anxious and others try to leave the South. If that happens, all the Warhosons involved in the business will come forward and start persuading you two to appoint me as your successor. As I said, I have that much power."

The couple looked like they didn't really understand, but Winter didn't care and continued talking.

"Is it just persuasion? I probably wouldn't spare a threat to you two."

"No matter what, it doesn't work."

As Catherine spoke firmly. James hurriedly continued.

"Think about it, Winter."

"Think as much as you want. I'll start right away."

Winter said to Hayel.

"Sell the southern real estate from now on. I don't mind selling it to anyone as long as it's not Warhoson."

"Yes, CEO."

As Hayel ran, Catherine slowly sensed the seriousness of the situation and asked.

"If you do that, won't you also suffer losses?"

Winter laughed heartily at her words.

"This is a guy who lost all his money to get a title. Have you forgotten? I want to keep you two from being able to endure it for more than my own benefit."

"Winter, that's such a self-destructive thought."

When Catherine tried to comfort him, Winter spoke calmly.

"You two raised me like that." 

Catherine, weighed down by a strange pressure, was the first to take a step back.

"If I recognize you as my successor... Shouldn't we have a price too?"

Winter snorted at her words. Then he slammed both hands on the table. After making that threat, he bent down and took a closer look at his parents.

"You two still don't have a grip on reality. You are greatly mistaken."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Not being on your side is not the same as being your enemy."

He pointed alternately at his parents with his index finger.

"I'm not asking you to give me a title because I still think of myself as your son."

"Then..."

"I am trying to rob you."

Then he straightened up and shrugged his shoulders as if he understood.

"If you give me the title, I will only cut off business with you two, but if you do not give me the title, I will cut off business with all of Warhoson. There is no way for either of you to win, but it would be nice to at least show some favor to your friends who hold tea parties every week."

Winter soon sighed heavily, closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened his mouth.

"Now that we're done talking, please leave my house."

Then Catherine stood up and spoke.

"You're talking about fighting us. Don't you know that too? Violet is the daughter of His Majesty the late King, who put Rockround in danger. The one that suffered the most was Warhoson. Do you think they will take Violet's side? She even cuts off the ties between parents and children." 

"It won't be a matter of taking my wife's side or not. Ah, I thought being weak in math was only a problem for our Princess, but it turns out it was a chronic problem for the Rockround nobles."

"What is that?"

"There was no such thing as a kite in the first place."

Winter muttered.

"I thought it existed, but I was the only one who believed that."

He immediately looked back at his parents and said.

"Make your decisions slowly. Anyway, it wasn't just you two who gave my wife a hard time, but the rest of the Warhosons as well, so it would be my pleasure if they suffered a loss."

***

Enna lay down in pain and kept trying to check the wine that Jen had brought. When Violet refuses to let her drink the wine to the end, asking why a sick person would drink a wine. Enna ends up choosing to kick her out of her house.

Violet, who had planned to stay overnight and nurse, ended up being kicked out of Enna's house and returned home around 10 o'clock.

As soon as Violet entered, Lulu came running.

"Little madam, the CEO...He had a big fight." 

"Fight?"

"Yes. He raised his voice and fought... In the middle. the Master raised his hand first, and the CEO also grabbed the collar, and the servants were able to stop him and take him off."

"Well, what is that..."

Lulu sighed and nodded. 

"Anyway, it doesn't seem like it usually gets complicated. The secretary even took medicine for a headache."

Violet regretted later that she should have been there and covered her painful forehead with her hand. She wanted to know what the hell happened.

Violet quietly walked to Winter's bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Winter."

There was no answer from inside, so Violet opened the door and went in but the smell of alcohol was evident inside.

Violet entered with an embarrassed look on her face.

"Winter."

Winter was sitting on the bed. Even though there were bottles rolling around on the floor, Winter continued to drink.

Violet walked over and took his bottle.

"Stop drinking."

"..."

"How much did you drink?"

As Violet said that and placed the bottle on the table, Winter's arms strongly hugged her from behind.

Violet said in embarrassment.

"Hayel says you often drink in the bedroom."

"Often. Only when I'm anxious."

"You'd better stop drinking. No, you should stop drinking... "

Violet, who could not finish her sentence looked embarrassed.

Winter's arms, completely drunk, lightly hugged her body and brought her to sit on his lap. Winter didn't lift her head after she hugged her tightly and buried his face in her shoulder.

Violet was embarrassed by how tightly he lung to her. Violet had seen Winter drunk a few times, but she had never seen him this drunk. 

"You didn't drink alcohol with medicine, did you?"

"Otherwise I can't sleep."

"It seemed to be okay..."

"How am I okay?" 

Winter's shoulders were shaking as if he was laughing.

"Princess, I killed you. And several times."

"..."

"It will never be okay. I can't be okay with dying. So I'm back. You shouldn't be like me. That's why I lived."

Violet's fingertips trembled at Winter's words.

"What should I do?"

"Do not leave."

"..."

"That's all there is. Don't abandon me twice. I am... I can't even forgive my biological mother for abandoning me. But I will forgive you... Don't abandon me... Please, don't abandon me." 

Winter's trembling hands grabbed Violet's nightgown. Violet patted his back worriedly. 

"Now divorce is your decision. I'm not leaving you... Ah. I don't know if I'll remember tomorrow."

Taking a long deep breath, Violet continued.

"Winter. You won't answer, and you're too drunk to hear me... If either of us abandons the other... That's probably not me. Because I still like you. Really, really a lot."


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments