TPITT - Chapter 61


Three days later, a monster hunting competition hosted by the imperial family was held.

The location of the competition was Galapagon Island, a considerable distance from the ecliptic.

In a place made up of wild mountains and forests, they did not intentionally subdue the demonic beasts but merely confined them in a barrier.

The island itself is a breeding ground for magical beasts.

Each part of the magical beast was a useful material in all fields of alchemy.

Therefore, the hunting competition held on Galapagon Island was like a kind of harvest festival for alchemists.

In an empire that values ​​alchemy, the alchemy material harvest festival naturally had a special meaning.

Even though it was a competition held on an island far from the ecliptic, it was evident that more than a hundred nobles attended with their relatives.

Of course, this was made possible with the invention of long-distance warp portals.

I also moved to Galapagon Island through a portal installed in the imperial palace.

Jijijik!

I and Michael appeared on the floating stone with the portal installed.

“It’s spacious.”

The floating stone at a considerable altitude was a natural observatory that offered a panoramic view of Galapagon Island.

Michael looked at the huge mountain peaks and dense forests.

It was truly a pristine wild island.

There was no trace of human civilization at all other than the floating stones and the wooden fence surrounding the area.

Kiyah! Kiyah!

“Look at the things flying in the sky. It's not a crow, but a harpy!”

"Yes. Everything that lives on Galapagon Island is a demonic beast.”

Harpies and wyverns flew in the sky, and behemoths and gargoyles fought for power on the ground.

Even the plants growing naturally on Galapagon Island were unique.

"Tress with wriggling roots danced in swamps, and giant insectivorous plants fluttered colorful petals rather than peacock's tail, luring intelligent wagons.

The ecosystem here was completely different from the outside.

“If you are shipwrecked on an island like this, it will be difficult to survive.”

"Yes. I guess that’s why there was a death penalty law that sent political opponents into exile here.”

Guided by the guards, I rode the disc wings down to the ground.

For convenience, there was an empty lot piled up as a stockade, called an ‘outpost’.

Coincidentally, someone was welcoming me in front of the wooden fence.

“Your Highness, welcome!”

“Nice to meet you, Lord Redmon.”

Alben was dispatched as an official of the Protocol Department to help run the competition.

“I was waiting. Let’s talk for a moment.”

I nodded and went to the back of the outpost.

I asked first because I knew what kind of business it was.

“Were the previous instructions carried out well?”

"Yes. Rahman Haviol was hired to handle the demon beast. He will be responsible for sorting the output.”

Raman, the original owner of the Green Potion Alchemy Workshop, shook off the bottle and stood up.

Now is the time to give them a job worthy of an alchemist, other than making soap.

“Would you like to meet him?”

“Sure.”

Soon, a man in his 30s with a bushy beard was called in.

He seemed to be a weak scholar and was startled by the sound of the demonic beast roaring.

“Oh, Mr. Alen? What did you call me for?"

“She is the 7th Princess. Greetings, Raman.”

"Yes, yes?! The 7th Princess? This person is famous these days..."

“Starting with greetings.”

"OMG! Forgive my rudeness! I, I, see you, Your Highness. My name is Rahman Haviol.”

I smiled as I saw Rahman hurriedly greeting me.

“Nice to meet you. I am the real owner of the workshop. Cedella is my representative.”

Rahman's eyes widened.

Since Cedella is not a commoner, it was expected that the person behind her would be great.

But he never thought they were members of the royal family. This was something beyond Rahman's imagination.

Rahman hurriedly fell to the floor and bowed.

“I am deeply grateful for the grace of Your Royal Highness, the 7th Princess. Your Highness has saved the three children from taking to the streets with their sick father. I will not forget this grace. 

“It was not from me, but from Cedella.”

“It is said that a vassal resembles his lord. I understand that Cedella has also been gracious in acting on behalf of Your Highness the Princess, so I must thank her too."

Michael and Alben looked at Rahman and said, ‘You know something.’

I refused no further credit.

“Then work for me, Rahman."

“What can a small person do?”

"You're an alchemist who majored in poison. First of all, collect the monster that will be thrown away after today's competition."

“What by-products will we mainly collect?”

“Slime slime and stone worm corpses would be nice.”

Anything can be burned with acidic body fluids and the blood will dissolve, and it can be cut with a sword.

At best, slimes only proliferate like single-celled organisms.

And there are stone worms that are so hard that even a knife can't penetrate them, and they come around disgustingly.

Both were mere insect-like beasts that existed to be exterminated and were worthless as research materials.

It was a time when Rahman wondered where on earth I was going to use such trash.

I responded with a follow-up command.

“I’m giving them to you as research materials, so there’s something I’d like you to make. I will give you plenty of time for research.”

“With slime ooze and stone worms? What do you think?”

“First of all, the slime extract is made into a universal solution. When performing alchemy, the ingredients often have to be dissolved. Please research the extract of the essence and make the dissolved agent."

Rahman has a rough beard.

While stroking it, his eyes widened as if an idea had occurred to him.

“Let’s give it a try!”

“I believe you can do it.”

I also told them about the next task.

“If you melt the hard outer shell of the stone worm with the dissolved agent you made, you will be able to take the fresh internal organs. The activity of stone worms has been the subject of research for a long time. So the gut..."

I glanced at Michael.

When our eyes met, I cleared my throat sheepishly. And I said.

“I want you to make me a stamina potion.”

Stamina potion was a polite term for a male stimulant.

Michael and Alben were shocked at the same time. Rahman's eyes lit up with a passion for learning.

“It’s a necessity for the night! This was a field I always wanted to research. Please let me do it! I won't disappoint you!”

“It looks like I found the right person. Then let’s go.”

“Yes, Your Highness!”

I sent Rahman back with his motivation burning.

When only the three of us were left again, Alben spoke.

“Hmm, hmm. I never thought Your Highness would need such medicine..."

Alben glanced sideways at Michael.

At this point, I felt like I had to step up for Michael's honor.

“Hadelamid’s bloodline is said to be virility. I am also my father's child.”

"Aha! That's right. His Majesty’s energy is truly a model.”

The authority of the imperial family was great. Alben was easily convinced.

And when he looked at Michael, he wished him well and even spoke to him.

"It would be an honor to be favored by you too, Lord Agnito."

“...Of course."

I also broke up with Alben.

When we were alone together, Michael finally showed his dissatisfaction.

“I didn’t know that Your Highness was planning to contribute to the empire’s nightlife culture.”

"Haha..."

I just smiled sheepishly.

In fact, the men's energy supplement made by Rahman Haviol in my past life has been effective in improving blood flow.

This could be used as a medicine for heart disease.

That was the result I truly wanted.

'Hadelamide is so far behind in medicine.'

Even if I just ask him to make medicine for heart disease, Rahman will do it.

However, it made him more motivated and shortened the research and development period, It was better to approach with a stamina potion.

“Then let’s go in now.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

I and Michael entered the outpost.


Previous                    Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Thank you. I'm curious when their relationship will deepen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment