TPITT - Chapter 59




I gave instructions to Cedella as always. Cedella is my closest aide and servant, there was a lot of work to be done with Annais, Rahman, and Alven.

'If I can afford it, I should definitely give her a vacation.'

In a high-end townhouse in the name of Cedella.

I sent Cedella away and called Lee An. She comes from a wealthy middle-class family.

Fashions and rumors of commoners living in the imperial capital, I knew the atmosphere well.

The story that Lian told me was a remarkable field was about trends in the art world.

“Plays and musicals with motifs of Your Highness and Lord Agnito are gaining popularity.”

“Ugh”

It was clearly the work of the Pegasus Troupe.

“Thanks to you, Your Highness’s existence is being promoted to our subjects. An image of envy is also forming."

“It’s a shame, but it’s a good thing.”

The love story between the royal family and a direct knight is so popular, anyway.

It was a time when I thought I could not understand the emotions of my subjects.

“Actually, I saw a musical once.”

“The script was slightly better than average, but the lead actor was good at acting and singing. He did very well, which was impressive. I thought I would fall in love.”

The prompt came.

"Who?"

“Limona Lund, a gypsy lady. She is so beautiful and sings so well that her popularity is sky-high these days. Marchioness of Sayre, a socialite, has invited Lund to her salon, spreading her fame among the aristocrats as well. ”

“I guess she’ll be able to advance into opera soon.”

I am very happy to hear the news of Limona’s success.

It was close.

Lian continued to release information.

“I heard that several nobles wanted to support Miss Lund, but she said she already had a sponsor. The interesting thing is, no one knows who the sponsor is, even Ms. Lund herself.”

Lian added, sounding a bit romantic.

“An unidentified benefactor who recognized Ms. Lund’s talent early on, really... I think it's cool. Thanks to this, there are as many stories about sponsors as there are about Ms. Lund.”

"Yes?"

"Yes. They say he's is a great man of the common people who fell in love with Ms. Lund, and that he's a godfather who found his lost child. No one is being mistreated because you're a gypsy anymore.”

“That’s a good thing for Limona.”

I felt fortunate.

Around that time, Lian recommended it to me.

“I think Ms. Lund will soon become a singer who dominates the art world. Your Highness too, How about listening to Miss Lund’s song? I have an invitation to the Marchioness of Sayre’s salon party.”

“No, it is difficult to attend the salon party. I just want to go out to the Imperial Capital and see it, so if you have a stage ticket, please get me some.”

"Yes? How could Your Highness...?”

Lian says she doesn't understand.

I smiled as she looked at her.

“Last time I visited the orphanage, I met Limona at the festival market. But at that time, I didn't reveal my identity. Wouldn’t it be troublesome if I suddenly appeared at a salon party as a Princess?”

“Oh my God.”

Lian was surprised to see such a coincidence. But she soon began to question her brilliant mind.

Rumor has it that Limona is sponsoring it. She said she started receiving it right before she went on stage at the festival market. Then...

“A-are you sure you want to tell her?”

It was an open-ended question, but it was clear what was being asked. I nodded my head.

"Haha. Of course, it’s our Lian. You're smart too.”

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Limona Lund's sponsor told us..."

Lian opened her mouth.

The exquisite feeling of being in front of your eyes the hero of the rumor. For a while, she couldn't come to her senses as she wondered how much influence her master had.

I smiled and put her index finger to her mouth.

“Please keep the secret. Please let me know if there is any news related to Limona in the future.”

"Yes, yes! I understand, Your Highness!”

Next is Peony and Hugh.

I called them. Their responsibility was the trends of the nobles.

Peony spoke first.

“Recently, there have been a lot of rumors about the pearl ink used by Lady Ameloth.”

“It looks like Lady Ameloth worked hard to promote it.”

"Yes. The nobles who received the letter wanted pearl ink, so they were looking for a place to sell it. As it became known that she had received a gift from Your Highness, they pretended to ask about Your Highness's well-being. The number of letters asking for a matcher is increasing.”

“Ignore it.”

"Yes. It doesn’t make sense for me to tell you with my bare mouth.”

Peony was delighted with my command. She gave her report with a proud look on her face.

“Some nobles, out of frustration, are making counterfeit products that imitate pearl ink. It is nowhere near what Your Highness made.”

“How do you say they make it?”

“They mix pearl powder and salt with ink, but it seems disappointing because the sparkle is not expressed well.”

When I named the ink Pearl Ink, everyone seemed to be prejudiced and only attempted to use Pearl Ink.

However, the pearl was actually made using a mineral called mica contained in granite.

Next, it was Hugh's turn. Based on the intelligence of the Balzamic family, he told me about the trends of noblemen.

“Many families are talking about marrying Her Highness the 8th Princess. In particular, Marqui Limitiello is the most active.”

“Hmm. The Marquis of Limitiello’?”

If you have three spoiled children, when are you going to hit on me and go straight to Rosenit?

I laughed at the news that I was talking about marriage.

I left the housemaster aside and analyzed the situation.

“Rosie is father's favorite daughter. Even if she can't become a Duchess, her father will make her a Marchioness. There is currently no one who can serve Roies' husband. All of the family's successors are already married or in need of a husband, not a wife. After all, Limitiello is the best marriage partner.”

“But there’s a bit of a problem.”

“What is it, Hugh?”

“There seems to be a dispute over the succession of the title in the Limitiello family. Perhaps Calix, the second son, will succeed the title, not Pelios, the eldest son. But it's not certain, and it's ambiguous because it might be an issue between people.”

"Ah. Please take note.”

I already knew the future. Pelios was dismissed due to issues with his qualifications and character.

Calix will continue the family line as the Marquis of Limitielo.

It's planned, but for some reason, it feels like things are changing sooner than before.

'That's right.'

After all, isn’t my the biggest driving force behind change?

It was clear that my political moves were accelerating the flow of events.

The next day, the sword requested by Balbo Riblo was completed.

A long road worthy of Michael's stature.

This sword was very beautiful.

The sword body was made by mixing mithril and black gold to give it a subtle black glow.

The silver hilt had a classical Leviathan pattern carved on it.

Blacksmith Balbo named this sword Night Ray.

“That’s great.”

Michael was impressed.

After holding the sword alternately with one hand and both hands and swinging it slightly, he couldn't help but be surprised. 

The sword felt like a part of his body.

Since Michael never had his own weapon, he didn't have a taste for weapons, but today's Night Ray became the standard, so he seemed to have a taste for it.

"Do you like it?"

“Very much.”

Michael could hardly take his eyes off Night Ray. I, who saw this, was inwardly overjoyed.

However, Night Ray still had some unfinished parts. It didn't have a magic stone embedded in its hilt.

“Yes, because the budget is a bit tight. I’ll give you something good soon.”

“There is no need to go that far. After all, it’s a luxury consumable item.”

In fact, magic stones were of little significance to homunculus, who had excellent magical skills from birth.

Nevertheless, in the imperial palace, magic stones were required for swords given to direct knights.

This was due to the atmosphere of extravagance to competitively show off the direct knights.

“All I have to do is fill it with anything so it doesn’t feel empty.”

"No. I really want to do it.”

To refuse the lord's favor any further than this was disloyalty.

In response to my strong will, Michael also said nothing more.

Michael put his sword in its sheath and wore it on his belt.

“The day after tomorrow is the demon beast hunting competition. It’s a pity that the new sword has already been stained with blood.”

“The sword was originally made for that purpose.”

“I see.”

Michael thought about something for a moment and then opened his mouth.

“I want to repay the Princess for giving me the sword.”

“Hey, what is the reward?”

“There is a demon who you want me to catch?"

“Uh, um... Slime and stoneworm?”

Since Raman Haviol had to research the universal solvent and Sdamina potion, the more ingredients the better.

Of course, Michael was dissatisfied with the answer that came out in a stream of consciousness.

“Not such a low-level demon. Don’t we need Behemoths, Hellhounds, or Gargoyles?”

“If I tell you, will you catch everything?”

“I think anything is possible as long as it’s not a demon dragon.”

At first glance, it seemed like great confidence.

However, if you think about the fact that he later killed even a low-level demon dragon by himself, what he just said was bordering on humility.


Next                Previous    


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments