TPITT - Chapter 58


My eyes widened slightly when I looked at Michael.

However, Michael, who was about to deliver a solemn speech, avoided eye contact as if he had difficulty and did not see me.

“If what I understand is correct, from now on... I would."

"Uh? What? What are you doing?”

I was embarrassed. But my voice shocked Michael.

It seemed like I couldn't hear it. He continued speaking.

“The taste... It would be helpful if you told me. From what I learned, the royal family wears clothes from the waist up. I heard they're sweet and like things rough from the waist down."

Sigh. Sigh.

I blinked seven times before finally understanding Michael's words.

But I didn't understand. I regretted it because it would have been better. Because I felt like my mind was going to fly.

I screamed inwardly.

'What on earth are they teaching at the training center?'

I made up my mind. Instead of closing down the training center, I decided to blow it up.

“Hey, Michael.”

“Your Highness... May you do, Princess...”

He had his eyes downcast with a slightly frowning face, and his expression and gaze were strangely provocative.

In particular, every time he tried to bite his lip but held back, I felt my heart sink.

'Ha...'

The fatal charm that had been sealed away in a stoic expression until now seemed to be released through the pained expression.

It was a very harmful sight. It was not for nothing that the country was in a state of disrepair.

'Oh, that won't work.'

To regain my composure, which rarely came back, I even borrowed the power of magic.

It was only after casting the mental stability spell that I was able to overcome the shock of Michael's words and the fascination of Michael's beauty.

“Hey, Michael. First of all, just relax. I thought Michael would guest, but it wasn't at all. I’m sorry for causing you to misunderstand.”

“Misunderstanding?”

"Yes. When I told you to take a break, I didn’t mean it the way Michael thought.”

"Then?"

"I was just asking you to sleep in my room, really just sleep."

Only then did Michael's mind properly understand my intentions.

I had decided to reform the image of a naughty Princess and increase my power in the imperial palace.

First of all, it is basic to follow the imperial palace's traditions that everyone else follows. However, there was no need to actually put it into practice.

I said, smiling as if I was a little troubled.

“I just need to spread the word, so Michael will stay in my room at night and wake up in the morning.”

I thought it would be enough if I went out. We also ended up having dinner together.

"I thought it was a good opportunity for you. However... I guess my thoughts weren’t right.”

Upon confirming the facts, Michael was very shocked. He couldn't immediately think of such an easy and simple trick.

He even seriously thought about how to serve Eve at night.

"Ah..."

Michael touched his face with his dry hands.

He covered his eyes, pretending to sweep it away.

'Why am I like this?'

Serving on the first night was indeed a serious task, but it was also something that he had been trained for at the training center to the point where he was disillusioned.

Never before in his life had he lost his cool judgment like this. No matter how much I thought about it, it didn't seem like Michael himself.

'It's probably because of the engraving.'

By the time Michael was muttering something close to his own brainwashing, I was looking at him anxiously as he had completely lost his pace.

‘I’m embarrassed, Michael..."

If I'm joking here and say something wrong, my relationship with Michael may end forever.

I chose my words carefully, considering his mental state.

“I will make sure to communicate clearly on these topics from now on. If you misunderstand and are disappointed in me, it will be a big problem.”

It wasn't my intention at all, but Michael was shocked once again.

This is because he realized that he did not feel particularly disappointed in Eve even when he misunderstood the situation.

'I'm going crazy.'

Michael, who was in agony, could not look into Eve's eyes.

Come on.

At that time, I stood up and approached Michael.

I gently placed my hand on his forehead as if taking his temperature.

The fact that Michael flinched at even the simple contact seemed to show how relaxed he was right now.

I smiled bitterly and cast the same mental stability spell on Michael as I had cast on myself.

“Are you okay now?”

“...It seems to be effective.”

"Thank god."

After many twists and turns, Michael regained some of his composure.

Thanks to this, I and Michael were finally able to have a proper conversation.

“I don’t feel like it, but I think it’s an easy and convenient way to make it a fait accompli that you stay overnight so you don’t have to give them an excuse. While pretending to follow the imperial palace's culture, we gained power. You have to turn it over later. It may be a bit cowardly, but it’s the quickest and easiest way.”

“I don’t think that’s cowardly but practical.”

"Thank you. Then, Michael, you agree to stay in my room tonight?”

"Of course."

I smiled and asked for understanding.

“Not just tonight, but constantly in the future, you have to come to my room, have dinner, and rest together.”

“How long are you considering staying there?”

“Basically, I think once a week would be appropriate.”

"I get it."

“Should we decide on a day? I think Wednesday would be good. What about Michael?”

“Wednesday is okay.”

The agreement on the overtime schedule was reached smoothly.

I said that Michael would be able to use the bed comfortably until next week.

I also promised to prepare a large couch in the bedroom.

Michael asked as if he suddenly had a question.

“What are the workers going to do? Are you going to tell the truth?”

"No. I think this is a problem where you have to fool your allies first before you can fool your enemies. Let’s fake it as much as we can.”

“Then I guess I’ll have to make a ‘trace’.”

“Ah, uh, well, I’ll trust you with that.”

“...I will try my best.”

Not to mention Michael, who had received training in the art of intercourse, I was also not ignorant of the affairs between men and women.

An awkward atmosphere passed between the two for a moment.

I changed the subject to vent the uncomfortable atmosphere.

“Michael, you have to pretend to be tired when you leave the villa tomorrow morning.”

"No problem.'

We decided to go with the concept of an energetic Princess and a favored knight.

“Then please take care of me.”

Thus, the monumental first union of me and Michael took place.

Everything went smoothly according to plan, and the next day at the imperial palace, a rumor spread that I had been squeezing Michael all night until I was satisfied.

***

Lucyard Company’s public bathhouse opened.

Bathing in a huge bathtub rather than a narrow bathtub attracted the interest of the subjects.

The bath was as beautiful as a marble palace, making it a sight to behold. 

Bathing is not only convenient, but it is also very effective in relieving fatigue.

Moreover, the disposable soap provided at a low price was of very good quality, which was enough to impress the subjects.

The middle-class commoners of Hadelun praised the public bathhouses of Lucyard, calling them heavenly baths.

This was also published in the Empire's live press, the Hadelun Times, and conveyed the news to Cedella.

“In short, we are experiencing great success. The hand that falls in love with bathing and comes to bathe in the morning and evening so much so that they are there too. Due to limited capacity, we are even issuing waiting tickets.”

“Waiting ticket? That is truly amazing.”

That is a greater success than in my last life.

“In that case, you must have increased your orders for disposable soap.”

“Yes, Your Highness. The quality of the soap is so good that many customers inquire about purchasing it separately. So I asked Your Highness what it would be to make a separate soap for sale."

“It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. The green potion workshop is going to get a lot busier.”

“Now that Mr. Rahman is feeling better, manufacturing work will likely become much easier.”

“That’s really good news.”

It was good timing to get well before the beast-hunting competition.

I calculated the number of bathhouse users and disposable soap dispensers over the past three days.

I looked through the documents with information on the amount of money, etc.

My profits were greater than expected.

I have already saved up the price of a townhouse on the most expensive land in the capital and the cost of hiring two maids for half a year.

"Great job. Things will go well because Cedella is by my side.”

“I just did my duty.”

“How humble. From now on, just like now, please."

"Yes. Please just leave it to me.”

I was lost in thought when I saw a headline about a public bathhouse in a gossip magazine.

'The news of Count Lucyard's continued success must have reached Betty. The poison must have risen sharply.'

Still, what can you do?

I felt better when I thought of Brigitte, who was probably fuming while making potpourri.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments