THYU - Chapter 96




After Giannis disappeared, Winter took a sip of alcohol and looked at Violet, who was slightly drunk.

He heard that she was speaking harsher than usual, and it seemed like she was a little drunk and intended to speak harshly.

Winter got up and sat down next to Violet. Then he lifted his hand and cupped her forehead. 

"Is this because you're drunk and you have a fever, or are you just unwell?" 

"It's because I'm drunk."

Violet claimed it was because she was drunk, but Winter had already decided she was sick. He ordered, looking at the servant where he stood.

"Go and get a doctor."

"Yes."

As the servant immediately left to fetch the doctor, Winter clicked his tongue as she studied Violet's face.

"There is never a day when you are not in good health, this Princess." 

"I'm not as weak as you think."

Violet spoke as if she were scolding a child, but Winter was still stubborn, and the stereotype that his wife was weak and fragile as if the wind blew on her seemed like she would be broken.

Winter asked, pointing his finger over Violet's heart.

"Why are all these damn hearts in such bad shape?"

"Everyone?"

"My biological mother. I heard that both of the twins she gave birth to while married have heart problems."

"Yes."

Violet nodded.

"It must cost a lot of money. When I was at my worst, the doctor was always in the room next door. So she must have come to me and taken the money. Shamelessly."

"..."

No matter how harshly she behaved toward Winter, she was his biological mother. Violet couldn't say bad things about her in front of Winter, much less take her side, so she just smiled comfortingly.

Winter took the glass of traditional liquor that Violet was drinking.

"And there is no need to deliberately try to understand my lineage." 

"Aren't you going to tell me more about you?"

When Violet asked in a voice that sounded obscene, laced with alcohol Winter's hand stopped.

"I'll have to do that." 

Winter answered gruffly and handed the glass back to her. At that time, the doctor who rushed over immediately began examining Violet.

***

Even though he didn't go out, Winter woke up early as usual.

However, he did not wear a formal suit, but sat on a chair on the porch and gulped down a cup of coffee filled with ice. 

Winter said to Hayel, who was about to leave the coffee behind, with an expression that would make him run wild if only his legs would allow it.

"Bring me some work. Without Violet's knowledge." 

"Oh, CEO. You still don't know?"

"What?" 

Then Hayel said with a wider smile than he'd ever seen before. 

"I follow Little Madam's orders more than I follow the CEO's orders."

"I pay your salary!"

"The Little Lady said I worked more than my salary! If the CEO grabs an employee by the collar, will the Little Lady be angry?" 

Since Winter couldn't chase him anyway, Hayel turned his stomach and quickly ran away.

Winter was annoyed that the employees he paid were all acting like Little Madams, but he thought it would have been even worse if he had been Violet's servant. 

"If only I were a servant." 

Winter, who had thoughtlessly assumed this, laughed heartily. Maybe she still couldn't accept that he was her husband. 

"Husband..."

Winter immediately trailed off. While he was lost in thought, he spotted Giannis Heston, who was trying to sneak away with his men because of the shame of what had happened the previous day.

 "There, Master. Did you say hello to our Princess? If you don't, you'll be scolded."

When Winter asked, Giannis flinched and looked back at him. 

"I sent the letter you wrote yesterday to the Hestons"

"You sent it by telegraph, right?"

"What are you talking about? It's a letter filled with sincerity, but I have to personally go and deliver it. Then they responded right away and sent it back. I will agree to the meeting."

A look of shame spread across Giannis' innocent face when he heard that he had sent such an emotional letter that no one could tell he had written while drinking.

On the contrary, Winter, who became cheerful, continued speaking. 

"I thought there were only mischievous people in the Heston family, but there were some who were quite funny."

"I never tried to be funny." 

"That's genius."

Giannis's clenched fist trembled at Winter's sarcastic words. Winter smiled leisurely and continued his words.

"Then why don't you go back before my wife comes out? My wife might think you're cute and suggest we adopt you." 

"What!"

Giannis shouted, but Winter just shook his shoulders and laughed a little. Perhaps through the commotion, one of the maids stopped Giannis, saying that Violet was coming to see him off. 

His face turned red and he waited for Violet.

***

Violet told Giannis, who was about to leave in a hurry, that it made no sense to send a guest away empty-handed, and took him to the market near the mansion.

It was painful for Giannis, who was trying to escape, but there was nothing he could do.

While the servants who came out with Violet stopped by the Hestons to buy good special products to send, merchants spotted Violet and greeted her brightly and affectionately.

"Little Madame, what brought you here?" 

"Who is this Master? Isn't Mr. Winter angry?"

"I heard Mr. Winter was really hurt?"

Perhaps because they were concerned about people's rumors, they kept asking about Winter. Not because they were really worried about him, but because they didn't know what they would do if he got screwed.

Violet kept stopping in her seat to answer people's questions one by one.

"I heard that my husband will get better if he is careful for a while. This is a master from the northern Heston family, and he stopped by as a guest. And you don't work at my house, so why do you keep calling me Little Madam?"

"Everyone who worked there called you that, so it stuck with me." 

"Would you like a glass of something cooler than that?"

Even if Violer begged, it was impossible to change the title of Little Madame. So, if they were to call her Princess, it would have been better to call her Little Madame.

It was not the Blooming family estate, but a market near the couple's separate residence. Giannis thought realistically as he saw people welcoming Violet wherever he went. Even though it seems like Ash is swaying Violet around now, he won't do that in the future.

If the people of Rockound were to regard anyone as King. It would be Violet Lawrence, whether she wanted it or not. Giannis, who had come to think so during this visit, decided that he should tell this fact as soon as he returned to the Hestons.

***

Winter was too macho to be jealous of an eighteen-year-old.

So when Violet said she would see Giannis off, he acted as if he didn't care, but after she left, he had a very painful time trying to calm his temper.

Fortunately, it wasn't long before Anjali, the co-vice president, came to the mansion. The two went straight into Winter's office and began the meeting. 

As the proportion of non-aristocratic customers was increasing significantly, the company's public image was gradually becoming more important. It was also a loss for Kanik to monopolize the lake and take responsibility for drying up the northern part.

Winter, who was sitting at the desk with his feet on the sofa in front of her, spoke to Anjali, who was standing with her back to him.

"As an event, we will open the lake for free for a short time whenever there is a severe drought. Let's go in the direction of promoting it on a large scale." 

"Are you saying it as if you were making a donation?"

"Yes. It looks good. A company that solves drought problems."

"It's okay." 

"Call reporters, call some kids from farming families who are struggling due to the drought, and give them scholarships."

"Yes, I will proceed with the meeting with the Heston family. Then the price is as expected."

Anjalt thought for a moment and continued.

"Are you asking me to cancel their collusion with His Highness Ash Lawrence?"

"Anyway, the deal between the Hestons and Ash Lawrence was ruined by us not getting a divorce. So, that's natural, and more than that..." 

"More than that?"

"They tried to mess with my wife for alimony, so I just let it go?"

"..."

"Whether the family itself goes bankrupt or not is none of my business, so as long as the company's image is not damaged, the warehouse will run out."

"Yes." 

Since it was his usual self, Anjali agreed to his orders without saying anything. And then she asked what she was curious about.

"More than that, Mr. CEO. Are you seriously interfering with the fight for the heir to the Blooming family's dukedom title?"

"That's right. It's a waste of money I invested. It's also what my wife wants."

"Lady Violet is really... She is an amazing person. How did such a radical idea come into the mind of someone who grew up in the capital city?"

"Is It radical? Violet said there were cases where bastards were given titles."

"Until now, if a bastard has been given a title in Rockround, it will most likely be for one of three reasons."

"Three reasons?"

"If there were no competitors, or if the person loved the government too much more than the main person, so they fell for the trick, and finally, if they killed all of the competitors for the title." 

Winter laughed at his words and folded his fingers.

"In my case. I have a rival, and my biological mother probably hasn't even met my father since she gave birth to me. So should I choose the last option?" 

"No way. Your wife would never have calculated it that way." 

"I know. I'm kidding."

Winter leaned back, placing his hands on the back of his back. 

"Go and prepare for the meeting."

"Yes, CEO."

Anjali said goodbye and was about to leave the office when she ran into Violet, who came back just in time, bowed briefly and left.

As Violet entered the office, she glanced at Winter sitting at the desk.

"Where are you sitting now?"

"I was going to go down right away because I was afraid you would nag me, but my legs were uncomfortable so I missed the timing."

"You don't have to go up in the first place. What happened more than that?"

"I briefly talked about having a meeting with the Heston family. Anjali will take care of this meeting."

Winter responded.

And he couldn't bring himself to say something childish like he's jealous that even an 18-year-old is a boy and changed the topic.

"I plan to receive my title from my parents in the future."

"Really?"

"I have to do it. Originally, I thought I was doing enough as a parent, but now I see that wasn't the case. Then I have to get what I invested so far."

At those words, Violet nodded silently and looked at him with a powerful look in her eyes that made Winter feel surprised.

"Then there is something you must do."

"What?"

"When great nobles, such as the Heston family, hold a title succession ceremony, most of the time, the successors representing the family shake hands and briefly talk. Families with uncertain successors compete fiercely among themselves."

"I'm not going to let Diev come. He can't come near you, that bastard."

Violet looked slightly embarrassed at his words.

"Winter, I am grateful to you, but Diev is the only legitimate child of the Duke of Blooming's family. We can't keep him from such an important event."

Winter stretched the corners of his mouth with a relaxed expression in response to Violet's innocent words, who still had no idea how cold-hearted her husband could be.

"If I tell you not to come, he won't come. Do that much. But..."

"This is out of the question. I won't let you run into that criminal bastard."

Winter said in a cold-sounding voice. Violet asked him, feeling sorry and grateful to him.

"So are you going to visit the South? If it's urgent, I'll lift the ban on going out for a while."

"It's okay. It's funny because I've never had anyone treat me this badly in my life." 

Even if he talks like that, wouldn't it be annoying to be banned from going out with someone who is like that fiery person and can't stay still for even a moment?

Violet was worried, but Winter frowned.

"Why are you looking like that? Are you mad at them?"

"It's paid now. I'm not angry. And didn't I say that I'm not someone you can call so easily? If necessary, they should come. They'll probably come on their own sooner or later."

"What do you mean? I can't believe they'll come find you."

"I'm saying this because I know the Blooming family finances better than my parents."


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments