THYU - Chapter 97




It had been nearly half a year since Winter had cut off support from his parents. The Duke and Duchess of Blooming's spending was at a level that even the capital's nobles could not match. He held a tea party almost every week, and if it was a family member's birthday, he would spend a huge amount of money on the party. 

Winter is earning so much money that no matter how much he scoops up. It doesn't make a mark. If it were any other family, it would have collapsed a long time ago.

Winter said.

"You know what? A large part of the Blooming family territory is my land."

"I knew you had it to some extent."

"The Blooming family estate is very fertile. Until now, he had accumulated wealth by squeezing the farmers until they died, but now the law is preventing that. From my parent's point of view, I bought a piece of land that had fallen in value at a very high price. So, it may feel like we have plenty now, but we won't be able to last much with that amount of spending."

"But the Bloomings sure have a lot of property. If they reduce their spending just a little..."

"It's easy to suddenly increase your spending, but it's difficult to reduce it even a little. Land lasts forever, but money disappears. Unlike you, others feel very anxious about their diminishing wealth, Princess."

Winter said sarcastically and bounced the rubber ball she had been fiddling with on the floor of the bath because she was distressed about not being able to do proper exercise. Then, as if playfully, he threw it to Violet and she caught it a little clumsily.

Winter was holding the ball with one hand, but when it came into Violet's hand, it was so big that she had to cover it with both hands. She asked, hugging the balls.

"What kind of ball is it?"

"A ball to use when playing beach volleyball. Have you ever played beach volleyball?" 

"Not at all. I've never even seen the game, come to think of it."

"In the summer, I often do this with Kanik employees. Hayel and Eglin are almost addicted to it in the summer, so they bought a stadium near their headquarters."

"You should go do it too."

Winter got down from the desk, sat down on the sofa, and spoke in passing. 

"It's nothing special."

"Nothing special?" 

"I'm just asking you out on a date."

Violet paused at his words and then smiled and asked.

"Do you dress well for this sport?" 

"Normally. But if you want, you can choose not to wear it."

When Violet looked at his joke with a straight face. Winter laughed cheerfully, like a person with no complaints in the world. Then, in a strangely erotic position, he placed his elbows on the backrest and rested his face on Violet. 

"Don't refuse. It's not as low-quality sport as you think." 

"I don't think so."

After answering, Violet walked lightly and sat down next to him. 

"Great. I'll go."

"Good."

"You prefer sporting events for dates."

Winter responded casually to Violet's word

"The purpose is different this time."

"What is your purpose?"

"Play eye candy with me, and when you like it, take me to bed."

"..."

Seeing Violet's shocked expression, Winter made an even meaner face.

"Honestly, you like looking at my body." 

"I beg your pardon?" 

Even as Violet narrowed her eyes, Winter continued calmly.

"Do you think I won't notice you glancing at me when I take my clothes off? If you like seeingmy body naked like that, just tell me to take it all off."

"My... When did I do that?"

"Always. Especially when I turned around, my back felt sore." 

Violet looked embarrassed at Winter's mischievous tensing.

It wasn't so wrong to completely deny it. Violet loved Winter's extremely voluptuous body.

She said with a resigned look.

"Honestly, it is. I think it's aesthetically beautiful."

 "......I didn't expect you to answer so unexcitedly." 

"Was it an evaluation you didn't like?"

"Aesthetic? Of course I don't like it. Is my body just for you? Is it aesthetically pleasing?"

"I don't know why you're angry."

"It's okay. No matter what I talk about with you, I become reverent." 

Winter grumbled.

When he found the damn Lawrence family sex education booklet, Winter tore it all up and decided it was useless.

***

When the Invitation to the Heston family's title succession ceremony soon arrived, Violet began choosing clothes to wear on the day.

Jen brought various types of clothes to Violet's dressing room on hangers. Violet couldn't take her eyes off the novelty of the clothes Jen brought. 

"Oh my god, it's so pretty."

"Isn't the dress pretty? And these are everyday clothes to wear when moving around. They say water is trendy these days." 

What Jen brought was a women's suit made of a material similar to the suits that Winter wears.

They were beautifully designed, similar to the ones Violet wore every day at Chiron, but made of much higher quality materials. Violet looked alternately between a thin silk blouse and a long, flared skirt. 

Then Jen fidgeted next to her and said. 

"Little Mandam. I'm sorry, but can you try it on quickly instead of delaying it? I have to quickly tie my Little Lady's hair up high!"

"Okay, let me change quickly." 

Violet couldn't resist Jen's urging and changed her clothes.

The clothes prepared for the move were a cream-colored blouse with lace near the buttons and a rose-colored flared skirt with velvet at the waist.

Jen, who has no end in sight, took a long time to tie Violet's hair into a high ponytail. 

Jen exclaimed after finishing her grooming.

"Ah, I'm satisfied as expected."

"So?"

"Yes. Try a different haircut right now."

As Jen spoke with sparkling eyes, the door burst open.

Winter said nervously.

"Why on earth does it take so many hours to change clothes every time?"

Winter, who was speaking bluntly, froze when he saw Violet looking back at him with her hair tied high and her eyes wide.

Then Jen spoke seriously.

"CEO. I have something serious to tell you."

"What."

"I think the CEO should have invested in a camera. I want to leave something for my Little Lady every time she changes her hair."

Winter's eyes narrowed at her words. He had no interest in cameras or anything like that until now, even though it was an unnecessary item only used by reporters.

"What does floating in the sky mean? It would take a thousand or ten thousand years to take a picture of Little Madam, and it's not even clear!"

Violet looked embarrassed at Jen's words of sincere regret. An unexpected word came out of her mouth, ignoring Violet's worries that Winter might be angry for no reason. 

"Why did you invest in something like an airship? You got into an accident. That's what I'm saying!"

After saying that, Jen shook her head as if she didn't understand and left the dressing room.

While Winter was shocked by his Investment failure, Violet opened her mouth.

"Why are you walking around like this? i
Is this how you're going to get better?"

"I'm putting my strength in a direction that isn't hurt."

Winter answered shamelessly, then leaned against the wall and stared at his wife.

He moved his mouth as if to say something, but when Winter said nothing. Violet opened her mouth first.

"Winter, what are you thinking?" 

"I thought of you when I first saw you."

How could a guy like me get such a Princess as my wife? 

To be honest, before marriage, he didn't even think about his wife's existence. The whole plan was to just give money and buy a title.  In the process, a variable that Violet and he had never thought of appeared. 

Originally, after they got married, he Just thought that the Princess wouldn't care about him anyway, so he would just live his life and let her buy whatever she wanted. If he had known that his partner was like this, what choice would he have made?

Winter wonders if he would have been less hurt If she had been by his side when he was five years old. If only he had known that she was the kind of woman who would take pity on me and return and stay in the place he called hell.

Now that he thinks about it, if Violet had just appeared in front of him and asked him to pay off the country's debt without getting married, he might have just given it to her.

"Winter."

Violet called once more and Winter came to his senses. When he came to his senses, the corner of his mouth twitched at the fact that his wife was in front of him.

"Anyway, you're dressed differently than usual."

"Jen brought these clothes because they are popular these days, how is it?"

"It's dazzling." 

Violet smiled, thinking his words were sweet. Then she slightly tilted her head and said.

"By the way, when inheriting a title, there are usually implicit actions that the successors take to reveal that they are the successor. If Diev can't come this time, they will pay even more attention to you, so you must keep that in mind."

In response to Winter's question, Violet looked straight at him, raised her chin slightly, and made a somewhat arrogant expression. 

"Now, it means you can't put off getting your social education."

"What?"

"If you want to beat Diev, the family's legitimate son, you have to build up some social skills."

"I hate such useless courtesy. In the first place, all those polite greetings you always make are unnecessary."

Violet nodded and looked at Winter.

She caught her husband's crooked posture and eyes. There was always a bit of caution and suspicion in his eyes.

She agreed with Winter to some extent. What she mean is, that there were many times when he felt empty inside. As Winter Blooming said, most people just say hello. Even for people who thought they were very close, he was always a bit uncomfortable.

There was a time when Violet was upset that her husband felt so uncomfortable with her, but now she has decided to just admit it.

She can't be a very comfortable person to him. As if he wasn't very comfortable with himself.

"Winter, I just want you to know this."

"What."

"Everything I say may sound like a greeting, but that's not always the case. There are times when I say I miss you because I really miss you, and there are times when I say I love you because I really love you."

"..."

"Just as you are a straightforward person but not everything you say is sincere. I am a person who tries to follow all manners of etiquette, but I just want you to know that not everything I say is polite."

Winter felt as if her voice and eyes were overwhelming him. So, without realizing it, he nodded his head.

"Just know."

"Would you like me to study for you too?"

Violet asked in a calm voice.

To be honest, these days, Winter doesn't have as much of a desire for power as he used to. If he were to receive the title of Duke, it would be to avenge his wife's death on his parents, not because he wanted it.

During his time off from work, he became relatively clear about what he wanted.

If you ask him what he most desperately wants right now, he will tell you that it is to be a husband to his wife.

After realizing this, joy spread across Winter's face.

If you want to be the husband of this polite Princess, you have to study for the damn thing. 

The look in her eyes was cute as she looked at the rudest man in the world, but he decided that from now on he would only enjoy it in bed.

"Of course. Enough study."

When Winter gave permission. Violet looked happy.

"Thank you. I'm glad you understand. Now you just have to read 100 books and watch 15 plays."

"... Wait for a second. 100 books?"

"I told you this before. There are 100 books you must read and 15 plays you must see to communicate well in social circles. You remember, right?"

"I take back what I just said. That's unreasonable."

It wasn't what you would call 'studying'.


Previous                Next




Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments