THYU - Chapter 95




"A trick?"

Violet couldn't let it be known that she was treating her husband like a racehorse, so she widened her eyes and pretended not to notice. Winter then cupped the nape of his neck that Violet had touched, his expression crumpled and his head tilted. Meanwhile, Giannis, who was watching the scene from behind, asked with a shocked face.

"You two... Aren't you two divorced?"
 
As soon as he heard those words, Winter, who was sensitive to the word divorce, really wanted to fight so the employees behind him were busy trying to stop him.

"Well, CEO. Calm down!"

"Hold on!"

"Kick that bastard out right now!"

Winter shouted. Giannis looked very embarrassed, but he stood firm and tried not to move.

Violet said, pushing Winter.

"It would be a good idea to have a drink to lighten the mood. Let's move places." 

Fortunately for her efforts, the three calmed down for a moment and headed to another living room filled with cocktail ingredients. Sitting on a spacious chair, Violet took a sip of the sweet drink that the servant had poured for her, diluted with water and ice. Giannis said.

"That's my first time seeing alcohol." 

"It is the traditional liquor of the Kanik clan. It was so palatable that I ended up drinking it often. Would you like a drink?" 

"Let me try. Please give me the undiluted version."

Then the servant brought Giannis a glass of traditional liquor. Meanwhile, Winter couldn't stand it any longer and hit the table.

"Why on earth do damn nobles have such a long, useless conversation before getting to the point? If it was just a polite way of greeting, you probably would have done it earlier! It's extremely inefficient!"

Winter, who was displeased to be in the same room as the guy sent by the guy who was already trying to marry his wife, was on the verge of flipping the table over towards Giannis.

Even Giannis, who was full-blooded at his age, did not lose and slammed down on the armrest.

"How can you offer to charge ten times the price of the lake, Sir!"

"You're not judging." 

"Please be respectful! Although I am younger than you, I am the heir to the Heston family!"

"Shut up!"

"Since you have such a foul mouth, isn't there talk of divorce?"

"Why are we talking about divorce here now, you crazy dog..."

As soon as the sound of divorce came out, Winter couldn't stand it and started swearing, and Violet stood up.

She couldn't handle it when two people with  bad personalities clashed. She opened her mouth.

"Let's do it like this. I'll give you the floor. If I don't have the right to speak, keep your mouth shut, both of you."

"But, Ma'am!" 

"That lump of blood is acting so pissed!" 

"Otherwise I won't talk to you two."

At her words, the two men fell silent at the 
same time, like children being cautioned by their teacher. Violet looked at Winter.

"Say it first. Because you are the elder and the owner of this house." 

"The Heston family sold me the area where the lake is."

"How much is an area?"

"The whole lake."

Violet was surprised, but Giannis was so frustrated that he raised his hands as if he was going in die. Violet looked at Giannis, nodded her head in permission, and he opened his mouth.

"Lord Winter paid off the royal debt before, right?"

"He did."

"At that time, our Heston family also shared in the royal debt. As a family of knights who protect the King and country, we take pride in maintaining our integrity."

"Oh my. I didn't know."

"At first, I thought we could repay by selling the forest. The Heston family has a lot of high-quality trees, and if they cut down and sell them, the family will be shaken, but we will be able to protect Rockround. However, after blindly accepting the debt, I checked and found that if all the trees were cut down, the entire village would be submerged when a flood occurred. That's why we ended up selling the lake first." 

"So you sold it. To my husband."

"I thought there was enough water because there was a river flowing even if there was no lake. I didn't know it at the time. There has been such a severe drought in the north since last year that the rivers would dry up... And that businessman will collect the money for water from the lake!"

"Winter..." 

When Violet saw Winter, he had an aggrieved expression on his face the entire time, but when he thought about it, he scratched the back of his neck as if he didn't have much to say. 

"I barely bought it because all the buildings owned were mortgaged. It takes a lot of risk. If anything were to happen, they would have been ruined."

"..."

"That's what business is all about. Buy when it's cheap, sell when it's expensive."

Winter seemed to have decided to go out with confidence and raised his head and spoke shamelessly. When Violet looked at Giannis, he sighed and said:

"The drought has been so severe since spring this year that if we continue to buy and use water like this, the forests in the north wilI dry out."

"That was exaggerated a thousand times. Let it dry. Let it dry. There are only three rivers that flow through the middle of the north."

"This is a real stream." 

"It's a river, man."

"I'm sure my sister will surpass it too."

"I guess your sister is about 5 meters tall?" 

As soon as the right to speak was mixed, the two people started fighting.

Giannis, Karzan's son, was a thorn in Winter's eyes, Giannis originally hated Winter, and with the spirit of a man from a knightly family, he showed no signs of shrinking even though they were very different in physique and age.

Winter said, turning his head towards Violet.

"Originally we do business, but we don't get along. That's why the entire northern part of the country came out and said they would cut off business with us if we didn't even rent out a single villa."

"The Heston family had a strong desire to marry me. Because they need money." 

Violet nodded and looked at Giannis. Giannis thought that her eyes were colder than his father's, and he lowered his head without thinking.

"Sorry."

"I saw the Heston family again. I understand, but I don't know that you would stab me in the back for the benefit of your family." 

"I'm really sorry. To be honest, since you married Lord Winter to pay off Rockround's debt, I think you thought that you would accept this as well." 

Even as he spoke, Giannis felt ashamed that he had thought his own way out of urgency, and even the nape of his neck was bright red. At the family meeting, he said that he wanted to rely on Violet's patriotism but to be honest, he was right to think of it as a family matter and not think about her feelings.

Giannis raised his head and asked.

"So you two are not getting divorced?"

"Yes. We don't"

As Violet answered, Winter next to her smiled secretly.

Then Giannis said sullenly.

"Still. I guess I should say I'm really glad I found out in advance."

Violet asked, looking at Winter with a calm face.

"Can't I use the lake as I want now? I paid it as alimony."

"Unfortunately, what I gave you was a port town near the villa, not the entire lake. The villa runs a loss, but the lake makes a huge surplus. You're really meticulous when it comes to money."

"What's new?"

In Winter's will, he allowed Violet to use it as she pleased 10 years after his death. Although he thought Violet was a smart person, he did not consider her an efficient person. 

Violet nodded and looked at Giannis. Then she said with a bitter face.

"The Heston family was prepared to go bankrupt from the moment they announced that they would share responsibility for the debt, but if the forest decreases, I am worried about the future livelihood of the residents of the territory... But I don't think Lord Winter will be so generous as to just provide them with water from the lake."

Winter clicked his tongue at Giannis's words. Looking at this situation, she felt like she should Just hand over the lake water to the North. 

Violet would persuade Winter on Glannis' side because her worries about the people would come first, and she had no confidence in defeating him like that. She thinks she should just ask for a fancy party sometime soon in return, but Violet says to Glannis with a scary look on her face. 

"So now, I need to win my husband's favor, but you're speaking so rudely."

"... Yes?"

"Even though it was for Rockround's sake, it is clearly the Lord's fault that the situation in the territory has worsened. Instead of thinking about coming to an agreement with my husband, you just show off your pride. Didn't you see me as a person, but as a box containing alimony?"

"I'm really sorry." 

Giannis was on the verge of crying from shame, but Violet continued speaking softly. 

"If it were the Heston family I knew, they wouldn't have handled things this way. If there was anything that needed agreement, the Kanik and Heston families should have reached an agreement."

Even Giannis, who was from a prestigious family, was scolded by the appropriate criticism from Violet, who was a member of the royal family. Winter, who was very pleased with his wife's power, filled Giannis' empty glass and said to Violet: 

"Don't be too angry. He's going to cry." 

Giannis was so angry at Winter for stopping him like that that he went crazy, but Violet was right in every way..

Giannis nodded. 

"That is correct. I'll go right back and tell my father that."

Then, looking at Winter, he spoke in a more adult voice than before. 

"I would like you to hold a meeting with the administrators of the Heston family's estates at Caniksa, Lord Winter."

"The location will be Kanik Villa."

"I will tell my father that, and I should also tell him that you two are not getting divorced.

Giannis seemed to be thirsty, so he took another glass of the Kanik clan's traditional liquor that Winter poured for him, and he gulped it down, then put down the glass and muttered. 

"It seems like a lot of the rumors have been distorted since it came to the north. I just knew that the relationship between the two of you had become so damaged that nothing could be done about it anymore. I was completely wrong..."

Giannis, who said that, stumbled. Violet's eyes widened as she belatedly noticed that the bottle of alcohol-containing Winter's was almost empty. The Kanik clan's traditional liquor is strong compared to its sweet taste, but It seems that Winter kept pouring it and Giannis drank it without realizing it.

Winter said, immediately putting down the bottle.

"I thought all northerners drink well, so I didn't stop them."

At that time, Giannis stumbled and collapsed on the sofa.

Winter looked amused and pulled Violet's arm.

"Leave him alone, he'll go home when he wakes up."

"Are we going to leave our guests like this?"

Violet glanced at Winter and shook Giannis's arm.

"Wake up. There are many bedrooms, so you can sleep there, but you have to contact the Heston family first."

"Violet, aren't you being harsher? You call a drunk person and go to sleep?"

Giannis, suddenly intoxicated, picked up a pen and started writing a letter in a cheerful mood.

"Then I will write it down."

After exploding with emotion and pouring out everything he wanted to say and everything he didn't want to say, Giannis fell asleep. After a while, his men helped Giannis and put him to sleep in the bedroom.

Winter burst out laughing as he looked at the letter with crooked handwriting.

"It's a sight."

"Why? What did he write?"

Violet tilted her head and looked at the letter.

Dear Council of Elders Heston.

Listen carefully!

When I met Lady Violet Blooming, she decided not to divorce Lord Winter.

But even if you said she was going to divorce, you still wanted to take Violet Blooming, who once married against her will for the good of the country as my stepmother? Are you trying to take advantage of her warm heart without even asking about her intentions? Do you know how much I was scolded by her that I can't lift my head, I can't!

This is a disgrace to the Heston family. I really belong to the family! Really! Really! 
(He was probably too drunk to realize he wrote it down three times.) I was disappointed!

The ghosts of your angry ancestors will come.

Fortunately, Lord Winter Blooming, despite his foul temper, was impatient with his wife and agreed to a meeting with the Heston family regarding the lake issue.

As the heir to the Heston family, I ask you to do so. Please respond here immediately. Or I will leave the family!

Karzan Heston's son

Giannis Heston

Violet sighed heavily as she looked at the messy handwriting, half-cut manners, and arbitrary sentiments, but then smiled and said.

"Hopefully, the Heston family won't be against us."


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments