THYU - Chapter 94




After signing the contract, the two started eating.

Winter, whose depressive symptoms had miraculously disappeared, developed a great appetite and ate a huge amount, but Violet was unable to enjoy her meal as she slept too much and the energy from the medicine did not go away.

As Violet watched Winter eating excitedly, she felt worried again because she heard that people who are seriously injured in accidents are left with trauma.

Violet, who was snacking on breakfast, noticed a part of Winter's wrist that was less burned and had returned to its original skin color. It was the mark of a clock.

Violet said, pointing to that place.

"You didn't ride here?"

"Now I have to burn it slowly."

Winter responded and glanced at his wrist. It wasn't like this originally. He changed his watch frequently, and of course, did not wear it when he was burning up his body playing beach volleyball at the beach.

It was after receiving the watch given by Violet that a gap began to appear. The problem was that he was wearing the watch for too long.

Violet asked as if she had been waiting.

"When you get better, would you like to go pick out a watch together? I would like to gift you a watch to commemorate the divorce being annulled. As if it wasn't broken."

"Go now. Why go when I get better?"

"Well, you're not allowed to go out for two weeks."

"What?"

"They say you're not allowed to go out. The doctor told you not to go out." 

Winter raised an eyebrow at the absurd punishment he had heard for the first time in his life.

"I'm going out."

"No."

"What are you going to do if I leave?" 

"I will stop you."

"... Are you confining me?" 

Violet nodded slightly and looked at him with the eyes of a stern tutor. 

"That's the way it is. The doctor said it was best to not work for a month. Plus, you have a short temper and move around quickly even when you're injured. Then it won't get better."

"No, but I'm 29 now. Does it make sense to ban going out?"

Winter's bewildered expression was a sight to behold. The most absurd thing was that he didn't hate this at all. As if something was really wrong with him, he felt a thrill every time he thought of himself being held in Violet's hands. 

Winter frowned and continued. 

"Until when?"

"Two major. If you look good even before then. I will allow it." 

"I'll be leaving in two weeks." 

Violet looked puzzled at his answer. She had no idea that that workaholic would accept it so obediently. 

"Then call the watchmaker here. Do you know any clock figures?"

Violet suddenly answered Winter's question.

"I chose a few people..." 

"I'll call them back soon."

Winter said calmly.

Violet asked, holding his hand to see if he would wake up.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Let's go and have tea at your house. I wanted to show you, but we had a fight so I couldn't."

"My house?"

"Yes. Your house." 

Winter said and stood up.

***

Ah, this house... 

Violet looked at Chiron's house, which she had built overlooking Winter's bedroom.

Winter said, tapping the wall. 

"It seemed like a lot of repairs would be needed since it came by boat. The paint is all peeling off." 

"Why did you bring this house in the first place?"

"I can sleep well here. Honestly, aren't you happy?" 

"It's nice, but..." 

Winter said.

"When my leg heals, let's fix it. First of all, I need to put some new paint on the wall."

"Are we doing it?"

"Why is it rude to repair a house?"

"It meant knowing how to do it." 

"I was just teasing you. And I make a living from hotels, so why can't I do house repairs?"

"Do you really have to know how to do so many things to run a hotel?"

"I don't know."

Winter responded irresponsibly, opened the door, and walked around the house.

Two people went inside. When she entered her home in Chiron, she felt cozy. Violet said with a smile.

"This place is also close to the sea, but...This house really smells like the sea breeze."

"They say trees that grow with the sea breeze are good for building houses. It would be a shame to leave this house there."

"Yes."

Violet sat in front of the table by the window. The mansion's light bulbs flashed outside the window as it slowly started to get dark.

Winter said.

"I heard Lulu received a ton of resignation letters."

"Resignation?"

"I thought she would leave this house if we divorced. She's saying she doesn't want to work with me, even though I paid her so well."

"Isn't it because you paid her well? Enough that she would be confident of making a living even if she quit right now."

"Did I give them a lot for nothing?"

"You mean it's useless? It gave them enough to live like a human being and make decisions."

Winter said, smiling involuntarily at her words.

"It's a pity that you are against royal authority. I think it would be nice if you were King."

"Because I'm weak in math. The economy will be at risk."

"I will help you."

Winter said jokingly, and Violet answered seriously.

"The national treasury must be strong. No one knows how to become rich better than you."

"Then..."

Winter smiled slightly. Violet looked out the window and opened her mouth again. 

"Sharon wanted to be in the Navy. But there is only one person in the Duchy of Doss who can never become a naval officer. Do you know who that is?" 

"Who?"

"The first successor must join the Navy, but the second successor can never join the Navy." 

"Oh, I see. The sea is dangerous, so if the first heir dies at sea, the second heir must take over." 

Violet nodded. 

"So when I was young, whenever Sharon saw naval conquests, she would cling to me and cry, saying, 'Why can't I become a navy? Well, I always comforted Sharon, but... I was really jealous of that kid who cried for that reason."

"Why?" 

"Anyway, she is being considered as the successor to the principality." 

"... Yes, the reason the Lady can't join the navy is not because of the Young Master." 

Violet nodded. She said, looking at Winter again.

"Yes, now that our matter is settled, I think I'll visit the Heston family tomorrow. I'm going to post a message today."

"Let's go together." 

"I told you. You are not allowed to go out. 

"Shit. So you're telling me to send you alone to meet the guy who tried to marry my wife?"

"It seems like you finally understand the meaning of 'no going out'."

Violet spoke teasingly and laughed like a child. Winter's temper, which was about to boil over at the laughter, calmed down like a bubble.

***

Perhaps because she slept so much, Violet woke up in the middle of the night.

She tried to fall asleep again, but she couldn't sleep anymore.

She eventually got up, took out a lantern, and went out into the hallway.

She walked slowly down the hallway, which was warm enough that she didn't need to wear a coat, and stood in front of Winter's bedroom.

'You'll think I'm a strange person.' 

Violet thought as she quietly entered the room, put down the lamp on the nightstand, and sat down on Winter's bed.

"Violet."

When she turned around at the sound of him calling, she saw Winter looking at her with sleepy eyes.

Violet was embarrassed and apologized.

"I'm sorry for waking you up. I came In quietly in my own way."

"Why are you worried? You're not even a kid."

Even though he acted pitifully, this man actually hated her when she tried to take care of him. Violet thought that his true intentions and his mouth seemed to be playing separate roles.

Winter yawned long and looked at Violet.

"Are you going to sleep while you're here?"

Violet thought about his words for a moment and nodded. Then she lay down next to him and spoke quietly.

"I remember what you said a while ago. You said that when people rest, they gain strength, right? You are right. That's why people need to rest. Because I rested, I gained strength to fight. I hope you do too."

"I guess that's why you banned me from going out, my Princess."

When Winter answered with his signature sarcasm, Violet smiled faintly and nodded.

After seeing his neat face, Violet felt relieved, covered her mouth with her hand, yawned, and went to sleep. Winter quietly looked at Violet and muttered.

"I also strangely remember what you said."

"What do you mean?" 

When Violet asked half-asleep, he answered. 

"You said your heart was hurting and you needed physical contact."

The mere fact that his wife would stay by his side from now on filled his empty heart. Just by sticking together like this, his shortcomings were filled with satisfaction one by one. 

Violet nodded and found Winter's hand, squeezing it gently.

"I'm catching it because my heart aches. Not because I treat you like a child. Because I need it."

Winter laughed at her words.

Violet thought that it was nice to hear his cheerful laughter in her sleep. She wanted him to laugh often.

***

The next day, as Violet was preparing to leave for the Heston family, a guest from the Heston family arrived.

Lulu whispered with a nervous expression. 

"The master of the Heston family has arrived. As you said..."

"It was inconvenient for me to go." 

"Oh, really. I guess they're embarrassed."

Lulu was furious.

That's right, after seeing 18-year-old Giannis Heston, the son of Karzan Heston, who became Margrave, Violet realized that she almost became his mother.

They were talking about getting married, no matter how much it was about money, but they were being very rude because someone from the Heston family didn't come to her first.

She was even more disappointed that they ran to her because their feet were numb as soon as she sent the message first, Lulu whispered next to her. 

"The CEO is taking a nap. Should I wake him up?" 

"Yes, please."

Lulu ran quickly.

After getting ready to go to the Hestons, Violet headed straight to the drawing room. When she went inside, she saw Giannis standing there. Of course, it didn't make sense for people with titles of respect to sit waiting for a noble Lady. Winter was a very unusual case.

As Violet walked, Giannis pulled out a chair and sat down across from her.

Going back just two generations, the Heston family fought on the battlefield alongside the Lawrence family to protect Rockround. The people of Rockround at that time loved the two families who saved the country from crisis.

Violet stared at Giannis with an expressionless expression, without saying hello. Since Violet, who was the Princess, did not speak, Karzan's eldest son, Giannis also remained silent, unable to say anything. His face was full of shame. 

"It's been a while since I saw you, Sir Giannis.”

"Yes, Ma'am. It's been so long since I last saw you."

"What on earth were you thinking?"

Violet cut off the rest of the conversation and asked. Then Giannis answered as if making an excuse.

"My father is still unable to recover from the sadness of my mother's death. Even if you married my father, the family planned to give you a separate mansion. I'm really sorry that I didn't know where you were and that I only told you this after it happened."

"You need to tell me why. Why did you accept Ash's plan? Of course, I know that the Heston family was loyal to the royal family, but isn't this a different issue?"

"I have no shame... I also hope that you will marry my father."

"I had no idea that the Heston family would do such a cowardly thing behind my back."

"Please listen to our situation."

At that time, she could hear alternating sounds of people trying to stop from outside and Winter's voice angrily demanding to go in.

When she opened the door, she saw Winter, as expected, with a temper all over his head. He cursed as he studied his wife's face.

"Are you all crazy? How can you leave me alone with someone from that kind of family? I'll fire you all!"

"Winter, calm down."

Violet thought that the excited Winter looked like a racehorse startled by a crowd of people. So, she stroked the back of his neck as if she was handling a horse and surprisingly, he slowly calmed down.

'Ah, it really works...'

Violet thought to herself in wonder. However, Winter calmed down, but he narrowed his eyes as if something didn't suit him.

"What kind of trick is this?"


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments