TFDBF - Chapter 36




Rosalyn pushed her to the point of cruelty.

"Although Viscountess Manchini says she holds the Lady in high esteem, your family is no match for the children here."

Rosalyn looked away from Aileen, who was trembling without saying anything and glanced at me.

"What's more, you brought here a lady who doesn't even reveal her family's last name, even though she has a Viscountess guarantee."

Well, in the end, the final destination of this clear hostility was me.

I looked at the Count's daughter, who was spewing insults at me with a gaze as sharp as a cut and answered softly.

"Please don't blame Aileen. She just wanted to introduce me to her good friends. Viscountess has been very concerned about me staying at her mansion recently."

"..."

Rosalyn's brow furrowed at the mention of Madam Mancini.

She pursed her lips as if she wanted to say something, but then quickly turned her head to ignore me.

'You don't even want to talk to me?'

Her face was filled with displeasure as she stormed into the meeting she said she wouldn't come to and ruined the atmosphere before it even started.

From Rosalyn's perspective, she had no choice but to come because it meant that loaches that would muddy the water had arrived in the huge fishing grounds she managed.

Aileen saw Rosalyn's pride too easily.

'Nobility.'

The term 'equestrian club' was meaningless, and there weren't many people who enjoyed horseback riding.

It was tiring just to see them busy showing off their connections, expanding their reach through more exchanges, acting according to their political inclinations, and keeping others in check.

"I see. It's like that."

I smiled and repeated Rosalyn's words.

She lifted her chin and looked at me as if I were a small object.

"Of course it is. Viscountess also taught me a lot during the short time I stayed at the mansion. Of course, there was also talk about socializing with others."

"Ha."

I looked at the lady's snoring face and spoke calmly.

"It is said that the great Emperor gave priority to ability instead of considering the 'status' of the family when appointing noblemen. I heard that your grandfather, Count Wilder, also started a business because of it."

The former Emperor overthrew the Emperor who was leading the tyranny and took the throne.

As soon as he ascended to the throne, the first thing he did was open the royal family's treasury to supply food and restrict the noble's extravagant banquets.

The nobles, who showed off their wealth at balls by wearing different dresses every day, turned to other hobbies one by one, and one of them was horseback riding.

"I remember with pleasure hearing the anecdote that Your Majesty, who had taken notice of the grassland owned by your grandfather, proposed a horseback riding business to the then Viscount,"

When I pointed out that it had not been that long since Rosalyn's family had ascended to the throne, her face became cold. 

"If the Lady thinks I am not 'qualified' for this position..."

Before Rosalyn could finish speaking, she suddenly turned the reins on her horse and took off in another direction.

I turned to Aileen, who was standing there blankly with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Eileen? If you want to go back, shall I call a carriage?" 

As she pursed her lips and shook her head, several ladies who seemed friendly approached her and offered comfort.
Aileen looked at the spot where Rosalyn had disappeared as if possessed.

With those strange eyes that looked at me as I danced while holding Daniel's hand on the day of the banquet.

***

"I'm sorry, Isabella. I need to get some rest."

Aileen expressed her understanding in a low voice as if she would disappear at any moment.

"Okay, then."

As I watched her eyes persistently glance at Rosalyn, I nodded willingly.

It seemed that the 'plan' Aileen had made today would change a little.

'I'm curious. How do you plan to deal with a big person like Rosalyn?'

It would be nice to just sit here and quietly watch the girl's battle of wits.

My body was sore because I had been walking at a slow pace for several days in a narrow riding area, 'pretending to be riding a horse for the first time'.

With Aileen being away from me for the first time in a long time, and the opportunity to take a great open course, I had no reason to decline.

The horse was slowly taking the outside course and was about to turn back.

Heeeeeee!

Someone's panicked scream was heard along with the cry of a panicked horse.

“Aaaah!”

It was Rosalyn's voice.

As I headed toward the place where I heard the scream, I soon caught my eye a horse running wild as if startled by something.

Rosalyn's face, holding the reins, turned pale.

The hand holding the horse's mane to keep from falling off the horse was seen trembling.

She was hanging on to the horse, unable to raise her head, and her eyes widened as if she had spotted me.

"What are you doing! Without helping right away!"

A new voice called to me as if I were a maid.

'It's difficult.'

At best, I pretended that I didn't know how to ride a horse, but now that I try to calm a horse skillfully, it's bound to arouse unnecessary suspicion.

Moreover, for someone who wants help, she is extremely rude.

Perhaps she was afraid that I would turn around and run away while I was standing there without saying a word, so Rosalyn raised her voice.

"Help me!"

It was that moment.

Rosalyn screamed out of urgency, so the horse seemed to be startled again, jumped up in its place, and started running off the course.

"There's a cliff over there?"

This is a bit different.

Judging by the scenery visible in the direction the horse was running. It was an accident that could have resulted in death.

I quickly pulled my horse closer and followed behind, while also asking Windy for a favor.

'Help me increase wind resistance so the horse doesn't run wild. Just enough so that it doesn't look unnatural.'

[I get it.]

Fortunately, perhaps thanks to Windy's power, the horse hesitated and slowed down a short distance away from the steep cliff. I walked closer to Rosalyn's horse, attached my horse as much as I could, and stretched out my hand. 

"Get on this side. You can do that much, right?"

Did she think it was a mockery of my horseback riding skills? 

Rosalyn, whose face was red, gritted her teeth and moved onto my horse.

"Hee hee-!" 

Rosalind's horse left alone, struggled again and headed toward the cliff. I opened my mouth as the words seemed to fall out at any moment.

"It must be dangerous to talk." 

"I was planning on disposing of it anyway. Say something like that."

Rosalyn chanted in a voice full of anger.

"I would feel better if it fell to his death. I bought it at a high price because it was of good pedigree, but it was crazy."

As I stared at the horse jumping up and down. I noticed that it was limping on one leg.

Rosaly didn't seem to notice because the movement was so loud and there was a lot of dust flying around, but the horse clearly looked like it was in pain.

'I was completely fine until a little while ago.'

Rosalyn was avoiding me and lowering her head with a very uncomfortable look on her face.

I looked at the horse that was running wild as if it was about to fall off a cliff at any moment, and then I grabbed the reins of my horse and walked closer to the horse that was running wild.

"W-what are you planning to do?" 

"I will calm the horse down."

"Gibberish. How can you do what I couldn't do..."

As soon as the horse started to mount the horse, saying it was sharply attacked, it began to struggle even more strongly.

I desperately clung to the horse's mane as it ran wild.

I could hear Rosalyn sucking in her breath as if she were frightened. Eventually, little by little, the horse began to calm down.

"Rosalyn, could you please pass me a handkerchief so I can blindfold the horse?"

After calming down, you will be able to find out why the horse is limping or running wild.

Rosalyn, who was staring blankly at me struggling to hang on, bit her lip.

"Rosalyn?"

The moment her name was called, she flinched, turned the horse's reins, and turned around and ran away.

The moment a crude curse was about to come out, I suppressed it and covered the horse's eyes with both hands.

The horse seemed to have finally calmed down and took a few steps backward before finally stopping its movement. Only then was I able to get off the horse and check its limping leg.

When I pulled out a shiny sharp pin from between its hooves, the horse purred, snorted, and closed its eyes, appearing to feel much more like a tease.

'Also.'

The gaze that was persistently glancing at Rosalyn made me uneasy.

It was a pin used to secure a hat on the head.

With something like this stuck in his hoof. It must have been painful every time he ran.

If you had just driven safely around the course, there would have been no major accident...

'Rosalyn likes to show off her horseback riding skills. Her course, which she frequently travels on, is a bit rough.'

Every time she whips a horse that hesitates without knowing why, she's digging her own grave.

"It was worth the effort to calm the horse down."

Otherwise, I wouldn't have endured this much, covered in sweat and with my hair scattered.

The moment I put the loot in my arms and was about to leave in good spirits, I heard Windy's words.

[Master.] 

"Yes?"

[There is someone under the cliff over there]







A New Series, 7 Marriage Is Planned was out!
You can check it here!


 


Previous                Next



   Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments