TFDBF - Chapter 35




While I was looking through the catalog with the names at the top in mind, the old man who came looking for jewelry kindly gave me an explanation.

"Although our store is shabby, we handle jewelry of the highest quality. There have been several instances where we have brought in rare items such a self-tears, which are difficult to find even at the top."

I touched the black opal held out while listening to the proud voice.

"This is an item that is cut very well. Since the precious lady took the step, I will show it to you with my own care."

"I'll take this."

Even though I don't have a great eye for jewelry, the items I gave away weren't cheap.

Because he wouldn't be so foolish as to 'blatantly' defraud a noble lady.

I glanced back at the old man who was smiling and seeing me off.

I whispered to Windy after checking the bright yellow betting paper in his hand.

'Go to the racetrack this afternoon. Please blow a strong wind to prevent the third horse from winning.'

I have to pay the price for having that annoying person on me.

***

"You're back, Lady."

"Ah, Charlotte. You cleaned up the room while I was away. Great job."

"You're welcome."

I kindly offered the cake to Charlotte, who bowed her head.

"I bought this while I was out. Let's eat together with your friends."

As she politely received the snack with both hands, her gaze confirmed the name of the store.

If she was familiar with the surrounding terrain, she would have known that this store was located in the opposite direction from the store selling horseback riding gear.

'Billy, please do me a favor. I want to keep it a secret from Madame until the brooch is finished, so won't you tell her?"

The honest and upright coachman had promised me that he would never tell them where I had been.

Even to the cute lover in front of me.

"Thank you, Lady."

Charlotte bowed her head and left the room, holding the cake box tightly with both hands.

I slowly looked around the room and saw that not much had changed except that it was a little cleaner than when I left.

As I approached the dressing table, I looked down at the small box that was closed tightly.

"Then, let me see."

On the first and second days that Charlotte began looking after me, there was no sign of her going through my belongings.

As always, it is neatly organized and organized.

I picked up the vase on the bedside, took out the flowers, and poured the 'special reagent' in the bottle onto the dressing table.

On the box that had been cleaned cleanly without a speck of dust, someone's fingerprints were left literally.

Without realizing it, the corners of my mouth went up.

Alfred would not have asked for anything more than to 'watch' me.

Because if her tail gets stepped on, she's not the only one in trouble.

So this trace said one thing. Charlotte began to move without Alfred's instructions.

***

The Viscountess could hardly shake off her worries.

Aileen promised her again and again.

She said she would take good care of me She will take responsibility to ensure that nothing happens.

Just hearing those words that were as gentle as the tongue in her mouth made me feel like I was already her sister and family.

A look of concern appeared on the Viscountess's face as she reluctantly agreed.

"Then, please be careful. You should always be careful when interacting with others."

There was no way she, being wise, could not have known that Aileen's attitude was half pretentious.

Even as a self-author, she couldn't keep me with her forever, even if my identity was unclear, and she felt that I, who had no intention of returning my memories, needed new stimulation.

'Besides, she can't actively intervene in peer relationships."

Appropriate wit was a necessary virtue for those living in an aristocratic society.

I smiled at her as if to tell her not to worry too much.

No matter what plan Aileen had, I should have given up on entering this mansion in the first place if I was just going to fall for her shallow tricks.

"Then, I guess you should be careful. Both of you."

When reluctant permission was given, Aileen smiled brightly.

I seemed to genuinely want to be my 'protector' and took care of me in every detail.

"I'll lend you mine, like the saddle and stirrups. It would be nice to buy a new one, but it would be much easier to handle if it was old enough."

"Thank you."

As the warm atmosphere continued, a prepared carriage pulled up in front of the two of us.

Aileen, who was about to get into the carriage, was shocked when she saw the driver's face as he opened the door.

"oh my God-"

"He looked ugly, Lady. Actually, this friend met a robber in a nearby alley a few days ago, got beaten up, and even had his money taken away."

The servant who was waiting next to load the goods noticed and quickly stepped in to explain.

It was to the point where not a single spot on Marco's face was healthy.

"Are there any other coachmen?" 

"There is, but that friend..."

"How can you bring a coachman who looks like that to a place where other noble children are present?"

Aileen, who was shooting nervously, glanced at me and softened her voice.

"Bring another coachman."

"Yes."

'Oh my.'

Poor Billy.

Today was his long-awaited day off, so I'm sure he had an appointment scheduled. Aileen got into the carriage without saying a word of understanding to Billy, who canceled his appointment and hurriedly rushed over.

As I entered the carriage and smiled at Billy, I saw him lower his head with a confused look on his face.

 'Well, I guess I should thank Aileen this time.'

It was easy for him to get into trouble for not being too comfortable with the coachman, so I had no intention of singling him out until the day off.

"Thank you, Aileen."

Aileen took my hand affectionately, thinking it was a greeting for taking me to the riding club.

 "You're welcome. Everyone has been curious about Isabella for a long time, so you will probably have a good time."

It's a fun place.

Without saying a word, I smiled and patted our joined hands.

***

"So, the young lady has only been doing horseback riding (horseback riding within designated horseback riding) up until now?"

I nodded silently to the question of Lady Bruni, who had a cheerful personality.

Dressed in green riding clothes, she expertly held the reins and assessed my posture.

"Obviously, your body is a little stiff. It will be better for your horse to relax. When the young lady is nervous, the horse carrying you is also nervous."

The other people nearby also added their words one by one to the friendly advice.

Some people seemed to be close friends, but some seemed like they were meeting each other for the first time.

Although everyone was not sure how I was feeling on the inside, on the outside, the atmosphere was friendly and comfortable.

"This is your first time riding outside the course, so it would be best not to go too far."

"Yes. I will do that."

It was a time when I was stroking the horse's mane while nodding appropriately to the advice.

When I turned my head to see a gaze coming from somewhere, I saw a beautiful woman with a slender body and distinct features.

She was looking at me blankly and nodded her head lightly.

It was a greeting that was so informal that some even said it was rude, even though it was the first time we saw each other.

"Lady Rosalyn too..."

Lady Bruni, who was talking to me, smiled bitterly.

It's Rosaline. Is it 'that' Rosalyn Wilder?

The daughter of the Count Wilder family, who owns a stake in the riding club here?

I felt a peculiar arrogance in her eyes as she looked down at me.

Judging from the way everyone exchanged glances, it was clear what their personality was like. 'Well, did you say that Count Wilder's business is riding a tailwind?'

There was talk that he would soon move his mansion to the imperial capital, so it was natural that her arrogance would be high.

Rosalyn came towards us, passed me, and stood in front of Aileen.

Aileen greeted her stiffly with a very stiff face, probably because she was uncomfortable.

"Nice to meet you, Lady Count Wilder. I see you again."

"Well, Aileen. I'm not very happy about it."

Aileen blushed as she was openly ignored in front of so many young Iadies and young people.

A cautious whisper came from behind me.

"Didn't you say you had no intention of coming to today's meeting?"

"I know, right. It's embarrassing that you just showed up suddenly, and you're pushing Lady Aileen again." 

"It's true that she doesn't have enough money to join the club, but considering the Viscountess who will be her guardian, she might be a little lenient."

"It means there is no reason to pay attention." 

Someone sighed, saying. "Ugh."

Rosalind continued speaking in a sharp voice, wondering what was so objectionable.

"Definitely, this club actively encourages Interaction between many noble children. But shouldn't there be a certain level of respect for exchanges?"

Aileen's face turned pale. Tears welled up in her eyes as she was unable to say anything despite being openly insulted.







A New Series, 7 Marriage Is Planned was out!
You can check it here!


Previous               Next



   Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments