TFDBF - Chapter 37






'Are he dead?'

[No. He lives. It looks like he's hurt, though.]

'Is he conscious?'

[Yes. And it is a face the owner knows.]

There aren't that many people I would have known since I came here.

As I glanced around, I was able to find a gently sloping path that I could go down.

I started to slowly go down, dragging the now gentle horse.

***

Was this person a familiar face?

I straightened my crumpled face and turned my head to the side. Daniel, who was holding his ankle, opened his eyes wide and looked up at me approaching with the horse.

He already had a soft appearance, but when he was injured and sat down with his eyes wide open, he looked like a lost puppy.

As I opened my mouth bluntly. I realized that now 'Isabella' and Daniel had a formal relationship.

"Was it Sir Daniel?"

When I calmed my voice and softly called his name Daniel, who had blinked at me blankly for a moment, smiled.

"I never thought I'd see you in a place like this."

"You seem to be injured. Is your condition serious?"

"It's okay. My ankle is a little swollen, but there are no other major injuries."

"Yes."

What should I do now?

I glanced down at him and asked.

"Isn't there anyone with you?"

"Yes. I am the only one here."

How did he come here alone and hurt his ankle?

I looked at Daniel, who was smiling carefree despite being left alone and unable to move and then opened my mouth.

"Then I'll call some people. There is a horse riding club meeting today, so everyone will be there..."

“Young Master!”

Daniel turned his head when he heard a loud shout from afar.

When I turned my eyes in the direction of the sound, I saw the familiar silhouettes of knights.

These knights are new to Isabella, but new to Rebecca.

"I heard you came alone?"

"I thought so, but I guess not."

Daniel answered in a downcast voice to the absurd question.

What on earth is this guy doing?

He insisted that there were no knights in good condition, but now he looks disappointed.

When Rebecca was young, she would often chase people to gambling dens and make money.

He chased me into an alley and at best said that he wanted to know my name.

'Are you a libertine?'

Rebecca and Isabella must have been women who could never be tied down by taste.

Isn't it just that everything is good if it's a woman?

At that moment, I felt a strong sense of caution rising in my heart.

"Thank god. Because you have company. Then I'll leave."

I knew that he was fine and that there was someone who would take care of him, so there was no reason for me to stay. It was the moment I turned away from Daniel without any regrets.

"Can I be introduced to that meeting too?"

"...?"

Daniel added in a voice so soft that the two knights, who were now close enough to distinguish our faces, could not hear.

"I was very impressed by the young lady's attitude as she tried to save the runaway horse. When I saw it in person, it was clearly a horse so great that Lady Rosalyn called it a 'masterpiece.'"

"...."

Suddenly, I stopped walking when I heard Daniel say that he had heard all about the commotion from above.

Then, I looked at the two knights running towards him, panting, and sighed.

"Let me introduce you. If you want to go that way."

"Thank you." 

"Instead, there is a condition. As for what happened a little while ago, I want you to help me."

The panting knights saw me standing with Daniel and bowed their heads politely.

Daniel glanced at the knights and nodded.

***

"It's an amazing coincidence. I heard you got to know each other at a banquet before you found My Master here."

Sir Hayden, who had a massive physique, continued to express his admiration with sparkling eyes.

Perhaps because I gave up my now completely docile horse to Dani, who had an injured ankle, both knights were showing a friendly attitude toward me.

"I had no idea that someone would be injured in a place like this. Of course, if it weren't for me, you would have easily found Sir Daniel."

"It looks like the young lady has also gone through quite a bit of hardship, and I am grateful that she even yielded her words."

The long-haired knight with a relatively slender physique politely expressed his gratitude. Daniel, who was sitting on a horse, asked curiously.

"Have you been horseback riding for a long time?"

"No. I didn't learn it that long. Today was my first time on an outside course."

Daniel already knows about my skills since he heard me arguing with Rosalyn, but he offered to help me.

At my words, Lord Hayden shook his head with a sad expression.

"So, the lady's hair is scattered like a lion's mane..."

"Hayden."

Piper quickly covered his mouth, but my hand twitched as I had already heard enough.

Hayden scratched his head sheepishly and apologized to me.

"I'm sorry. I tend to speak without thinking."

"It's okay."

In the distance, I could see people gathered together as if something big had happened.

One of them seemed to have spotted me and shouted, "Ah," and all eyes turned towards me.

Rosalyn's face hardened when she found me riding a strange man on her horse.

Aileen, who was next to her, was looking at me as if she were looking at a ghost.

"They both must be feeling really shit."

On the one hand, it was because no one was hurt by a foolish move that was done in the hope that someone would get hurt, and on the other hand, it was because of me who coaxed the horse that had discarded it after deeming it useless.

'But I feel like shit because I feel the same way.'

Now I have to get paid for all the hard work that made my legs tremble.

Both of them had a prickly corner, so the closer I got, the more they began to avoid my gaze. I smiled brightly and greeted people.

"Sorry. "Something happened while I was going around the course, so I was late."

Everyone was looking at Daniel and me alternately with curious eyes.

The first to break the silence was Lady Bruni, with whom I had exchanged a few words.

"Oh my God, Lady Isabella, how could you..."

I glanced at Rosalyn with a shy face, played with the horse's reins, and came up with a suitable excuse I had been thinking of.

"Actually, I was a bit reckless."

“Pardon?”

"Lady Rosalyn's horse looked so wonderful that I asked her to give me a ride. The Lady tried to dissuade me, saying it was not an appropriate horse for an inexperienced beginner to ride, but..."

Rosalyn's expression changed every moment as she listened to my excuses.

Due to her personality, she wouldn't have been able to say that I saved her, or that she came back alone after ignoring my words for help because she was so angry when she saw me calming down a horse that even she couldn't calm down.

It was obvious that he kept his mouth shut and said nothing.

Maybe that's why everyone was looking at Rosalyn with a strange atmosphere.

"Because I asked so many times, the lady had no choice but to change her words. I was excited because the horse seemed to run well, so I entered a difficult course and got lost."

"Oh my God... Rosalyn, why didn't you tell me?"

Bruni asked with a puzzled look on her face as she brushed off my messy hair and riding clothes.

Rosalyn, who was looking at me with bewildered eyes, flinched.

"It must have been difficult because we changed the horse, so you had to give up your original course and take the beginner's course so that your horse wouldn't startle me. It's difficult to even say that I threw a tantrum, so you kept my mouth shut, right?"

Everyone was secretly exchanging glances, which seemed like they didn't believe what I was saying. In the first place, Rosalyn's temper would be famous here too.

It wasn't an excuse I came up with because I wanted people to believe me too.

In the first place, she and I are the only ones who know the truth, and the important thing is that if we cover it up like this, Rosalyn will owe me a debt.

At least what happened on the cliff was enough to ruin her reputation.

Rosalyn glanced sideways as if uncomfortable with Daniel's presence and then answered hesitantly.

"Yeah, that's right."

"Then that gentleman..."

"Nice to see you. My name is Daniel Stoke. I unintentionally sprained my ankle nearby, so I had to borrow a horse from a lady here to ride."

Only then did one of the ladies notice his swollen ankle and covered her mouth, saying,

"Oh my."

A well-dressed nobleman who carries two bodyguards with him.

Even those who didn't know much about the Stoke family began to blink.

Daniel not only faithfully fulfilled the condition he had promised to help me, but also continued the conversation in accordance with my intentions.

"I was indebted to Lady Rosalyn, as I had to borrow the help of a horse to get here."

Rosalyn flinched at the sound of Daniel speaking softly with a smiling face and muttered a reply with a calmer expression.

"I didn't do anything. It's okay if you don't need to add a public position."

As everyone was approaching one by one to speak to him, Aileen, who had retreated behind him, caught his eye.

“Aileen?”


Previous               Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments