IHMEB - Chapter 116 < The Lord's Word >





“Kaian!”

“Don’t be nervous. I'm fine....”

The eyes of the man who was bothering his subordinates who were watching him widened.

“...Claudel?”

I ran over to him and clung to his cold, iron-clad chest. The sight of Kaian wrapped in hard, cold iron was extremely unfamiliar.

The fine black hair that always hung neatly over his cool eyes was covered in several layers of bandages and stretched out in a mess.

My voice became sharp as the emotions heated up inside me.

“You said you were going to inspect the territory, right?”

“Claudel. Why did you come out here at this hour?”

“What on earth is this...?”

The knights surrounding Kaian were also wearing full armor and holding sharp-edged spears and axes in their hands.

I, who felt the life flowing out of them thickly, felt suffocated and gasped softly.

"Lady. Gasp. You suddenly came out alone. You should have called me.”

Hannah, who came running after me, said to me out of breath. It seemed that someone had woken up the maid upon seeing me running away.

I rushed out of my bed and was wearing a thin indoor gown. Hannah hurriedly tried to wrap the shawl around my shoulders, but I nervously shook off her touch.

I clung to Kaian as if I couldn't hear anything.

“Kaian. Please talk to me. What happened?”

He sighed as he took off his gauntlets, seeing the blood hardening and crying.

Tuk. Tuk.

He gently held Claudel, unable to hug me tightly because of his armor, and tried to calm me down.

“Listen to me, Claudel.”

“Why is it such a mess?”

"It's okay. It wasn't a big deal...”

Kaian, who was holding me as much as he could with his sluggish movements, raised his eyebrows and laughed.

The knights who were watching this took a deep breath and then stopped.

“...Claudel, I’m hurt.”

“Let me see.”

The knights quietly averted their gaze at the pretentious behavior of the lord.

Without knowing that, when Kaian calmly lowered his head, Claudel looked like she was going to faint when she saw the blood stains on the bandage wrapped around his head.

“I’ll take a shower first and then see the doctor. Hannah. Take my wife inside.”

"Yes. Yes. My lord.”

Hannah also opened her eyes wide and was dazed, and then she grabbed me and dragged me away.

***

Even after returning to my room, I could hardly calm down.

“Cough. Cough.”

Seeing me hunched over my shoulders and coughing softly, Hannah brought me some of the warmed milk.

“Is it because you were dressed too thinly and were exposed to the night wind? Your hands are cold."

Hannah placed her hand on my forehead.

“Luckily, you don’t have a fever or anything like that. Please be careful. You’re not alone.”

“I can’t believe Kaian got hurt.”

It was a very scary thing for me.

Kaian was also a human being who could get hurt, but the man thought he would never get hurt like that.

So just seeing that scene made me unable to help the fear that swept through my whole body.

It wasn't long ago that I felt a sense of peace as I leaned against the man's strong arm and looked at the pile of charcoal that rose and fell red.

What happened to Kaian? 

The moment I questioned I lost control of myself.

I asked Hannah.

“Did you know?”

"Yes?"

“What did Kaian do?”

There is no way he would have gone to inspect the estate dressed like that. As Hannah made an apologetic expression, I felt even more frustrated.

‘She says even her soul will become a servant of Temnes. Now are you listening to Kaian more than me?'

They say there is no one in the world to trust. Still, I was confident that Hannah was my own person and that she could be trusted.

Now my mind was a mess. When I thought that I was the only one who didn't know that Kaian had gone to such a dangerous place, I was so angry that I went crazy.

"I'm sorry, Lady."

“You are my maid.”

“I had no choice because the Lord ordered me to stop joining.”

“You're my friend.”

At those words, Hannah bit her lower lip and lowered her head. But she soon lost her strength and spoke cautiously to me.

“Your body is cold. Quickly eat something warm. Otherwise, we might have to bring a doctor in the middle of the night.”

Only then did I drink the warm milk I had been holding. It felt like the liquid running down the inside of my throat, which was stinging because I was breathing too hard, was leaving that spot painful.

But that minor pain was nothing.

Compared to how worried I am about Kaian right now.

When my nerves reached their limit, Kaian opened the bedroom door and appeared.

“Kaian!”

Kaian had already taken off his iron pieces and changed his clothes. Even though he had a wound, he had washed it somehow and there was a fresh bandage on the outside of his wet hair.

He said to Hannah as he hugged me.

“I’m tired and will rest until late, so don’t disturb me.”

"Yes, My Lord. Is there anything else you need?”

“I told the butler, so you too can take a break.”

As Hannah retreated, I began hitting Kaian with both fists.

Tuk. Tuk-tuk.

Kaian made an embarrassed expression as he watched my eyebrows straighten out in an awkward manner.

The look on his face as he wondered if he should at least pretend to be in pain due to my ineffective attack made me even angrier. In the end, the man, who had been hit a few times by the small, pretty hand, held the hand as if covering it.

“Why are you doing that? If you do this, your hands will only hurt.”

“You said you were going to inspect the estate.”

I did not see Kaian leaving on the road.

This was because Kaian, who was busy preparing to leave the castle the night before, came to the bedroom late and left as early as dawn.

When I opened my eyes in the morning, my husband, who had been lingering in the bedroom for a while, saying he was glad my insomnia was gone, was gone.

If he's going to visit suddenly for a few days, let me see him off at least by showing my face. I was once again upset by my husband's indifference.

I was sorry for the one word of good luck and the one light kiss.

I tell him how long I have been married to him.

I was anxious because I felt like if I sent him off without being able to see him off, something would happen and I wouldn't be able to see him again.

That won't happen.

I was now Claudel of Temnes.

If I were not Vermont, even if slightly were dead, I would be laid to rest here under the name of Temnes.

When I saw Rowen Castle, which was far away when I went to the capital, and Kaian, who did not give me a chance to say goodbye to him, kept piling up in my heart.

I just felt so sad and anxious that I couldn't figure it out.

“What happened? What did you do to get hurt like this?”

"Alright."

Kaian hugged me and sat down on my bed.

“I was herding a buffalo when a stone hit my horse’s hoof.”

“You got stoned?”

“It happens sometimes.”

Usually, Kaian ran in the lead at the front of his race. That way, he would never have been hit by a bouncing horse running in front of him.

This time, while driving a water buffalo, a startled animal jumped out toward the ranks of knights.

Kaian quickly reorganized his scurrying subordinates to avoid the man who intruded into the middle of the column and rode his horse at full speed before the herd of buffalo came.

Since the ranks were not organized, there was no one to lead.

Everyone was frantically running their horses in the direction Kaian pointed, but he was hit by a rock thrown by the horse in front of him.

“You should have lowered the helmet cover!”

“Isn’t it blocking the view?”

When I thought about the first time I saw Kaian earlier, goosebumps appeared on my body.

I thought he had injured his head because his hair was matted and sticking out, but when I looked closely, I saw that the blood stains from his face to the nape of his neck had disappeared, and the left eye area and face of his handsome face, like a work of art, were swollen.

The spot where he was injured was slightly above his eyebrows.

“It may leave a scar, but it won’t be visible anyway because of the hair.”

I tried to calm down.

'The one who got hurt is Kaian, so why am I this angry?'

It seemed like the most absurd thing in the world for the man who had taken over ny heart to be injured.

And for a moment, my mind seemed to clear.

'Because I love Kaian so much.'

I realized once again that my desire for him was true and genuine.

While Kaian was away for a few days, the scandal that spread in the castle and the upset about Madame Marcel's incident became nothing.

Those things didn't stop me from still yearning for Kaian.

I realized it now.

The fact is that my desire to have Kaian is still tightly coiled.

I was a little upset because I felt sorry for myself, but I tried not to show it and talked about it.

“Why did you suddenly go to catch the water buffalo?”

“The doctor recommended it.”

“How dare he tell the head of Temnes to do this and that?”

Kaian laughed as I looked very intoxicated.

'If I told you I was like a squirrel that lost its food, wouldn't you be angry?'

While thinking such leisurely thoughts.

“Are you laughing?”

“It’s no big deal.”

“Why did you lie about going to inspect the estate?”

“Are I lying?”

Kaian said with a stern face.

“Do I really need to tell a lie? I took care of everything I needed to do in the villages I visited on the way.”

“Cough.”

I, who had raised my voice in excitement, shrugged my shoulders and coughed softly.

“Look at this. If you get sick again, it’s just annoying and annoying.”

“I heard you stopped being annoying. I said I could do that.”

“You can, but not Herzol.”

The lord’s attitude remained the same.

“If you vomit blood and faint, that’s it. Are you saying it doesn’t matter because you don’t remember the hardships of the people around you?”

I was astonished.

'Can't you just say you went because you were worried about me?'

So I decided to scold him a bit.

“Shut your mouth.”

I bit Kaian’s lip.


Previous                Next



   Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments