IHMEB - Chapter 118 < The Guy Who Crazy About His Wife >






"You. Arent’t you a quack?”

“What do you mean!”

The doctor, who had volunteered to be faithful and felt the joy of life, shouted with a splattered pronunciation. Whether the doctor did it or not, Kaian angrily attacked him.

“There were no problems even in the early stages of pregnancy, so why not do it?”

“Leave this alone.”

The doctor, who had finally been freed, started cackling with a haggard look on his face. He deliberately straightened his shoulders to deal with the rampaging Lord and answered casually.

“Hmm. It's difficult to pinpoint a time, but about a month from now...”

“A month?”

“Four or three weeks?”

“...Why not this week?”

The doctor felt a sense of crisis as Kaian glared at him as if he would lose his position as the castle doctor if he said no. But it was impossible to not do it.

"It's not possible!"

He was a very loyal doctor and saved Claudel's life several times, and his self-esteem was sky-high.

He said that if he gets fired, he gets fired, so he can't say anything out of the ordinary.

'Besides, if the succession goes wrong.'

Not only would he lose his job, he might lose his life.

“It’s admirable of you just to have a child like that.”

The doctor said desperately. Claudel's having a baby was truly something that could only be considered God's blessing on Temnes.

Isn’t this a disease that only ends when a village is wiped out in the first place? Even in the rare case where someone survived without dying, considering the aftereffects, it was difficult to say that she was lucky to be alive.

Even considering that Claudel suffered from a serious illness and even suffered an injury from a crocodile bite, her current health was surprising.

“There is no one alive with Herzol, but she overcame the serious illness and even became pregnant smoothly. Can’t you stand it?”

You just can't control your sexual desires with a wife like that! 

The doctor suppressed the urge to criticize harshly and spoke indirectly.

As the doctor took a strong stance, Kaian became depressed.

He sat down at his desk, ruffled his hair roughly, and sighed.

"Ha."

The frustrated and dissatisfied expression on his face was like a baby buffalo trapped in a moat.

“My mental health is deteriorating.”

“...Yes?"

The doctor was embarrassed when the medical specialty suddenly changed from obstetrics and gynecology to psychiatry.

“You know that I see my wife every day, right? Claudel’s charm.”

"Yes, what?"

The doctor suddenly nodded his head.

"You know? How much? Could it be that she was enjoying it?”

The doctor shook his head in disgust at the eyes staring at him as if he would eat him in an instant.

“How could that be!”

No matter how much one starves, there is no way that a person could covet prey under the claws of a lion without going crazy.

'I honestly couldn't believe it when my wife said 'every day'.'

In the doctor's mind, the Lord he had always respected was being re-evaluated as a 'wife-crazy guy' who could well be.

He didn't want to know the owner's private life like this. The act of treating a person used to require a wide range of things.

“Is there any way?”

When Kaian asked seriously, the doctor was embarrassed. He had nothing to say as he was acting like a monk who had come to seek an answer from a wise man, telling him that if he scolded him and went on a rampage like before, he would draw a line and at least give him a reprimand.

Finally, the doctor sighed and said.

“There is only one way.”

"How?"

“Have a good talk with your wife. The only solution is dialogue.”

“Conversation.”

The doctor quietly took a step back towards the door as he watched an innocent pen break with a loud sound in the hands of Kaian, who muttered darkly.

***

Sigh.

The bedroom door opened without knocking, and a man who seemed to be wearing a shadow sneaked into the bedroom from the black space outside the door.

I called him warmly and affectionately.

“Can you come now?”

Kaian looked surprised when he saw me sitting against the bed in the bedroom with the lights off.

“Are you not sleeping?”

"Yes."

“I thought your insomnia was gone these days. I saw that you slept well when I came, so I thought you would sleep well today, so I came to work a little more.”

He's just saying this, but why do these words sound like lame excuses? 

As if he didn't come late on purpose.

Insomnia did not get better.

To be precise, the body carrying the child was falling asleep.

The doctor said that during pregnancy, you may feel drowsy, lethargic, tired, or sleep better than before. After listening to the doctor, everything I felt and experienced became normal and normal.

There was no way Kaian, who called the doctor every day to report on ny physical condition, did not know that my insomnia was not getting better. I tried hard to hide my bitter feelings.

“Do you still have a lot of work to do?”

“I’ve never had anything like this before. Once things start to fall behind, I’m always busy.”

"I see."

I nodded my head. I couldn't help but notice that Kaian was busy. He never neglected his lord's duties. I could automatically see where the respect he held for Lord Rowen came from.

While Kaian was working late, the butler who came to take care of me said that he was busy going back and forth between the wedding and this visit to the capital, so he was busy with the work he had to take care of for the past two months.

I was grateful that someone like that took the time to eat with me and take me for a walk.

“It’s okay if you don’t have to wait. You should lie down and rest.”

But as soon as Kaian wondered if my insomnia was getting better, I couldn't help but feel disappointed that he had come to my bedroom late like this. This was also an impossible task as it had been almost a month.

'It's not like my insomnia is getting better.'

My physical condition changed and I was pregnant, but I couldn't say anything, so I made up an excuse, saying, 'I guess my insomnia has gotten better,' so I couldn't say anything about him coming to my bedroom late, thinking I was asleep. I was in a very bad mood.

'Is he here with Madame Marcel?'

As much as I didn't want to think about this, there was nothing I could do to stop it from coming out.

When I thought that the man I should have was being worn away somewhere else, I got angry and then resigned myself to thinking that it was something that could not be helped, and then busily repeated it.

I couldn't even stand guard in front of his office every day.

It was difficult to find a more young male nobleman who was faithful to his wife.

Although Kaian did not frequent the entertainment district in the Rowen estate, the capital itself had places like salons, pubs, and many other options.

There was a time when I thought it was impossible to imagine Madame Cronach pouring him drink. In most of the books I had read, salon madams appeared as women having fun with men, so she had a preconceived notion about them.

Even when I visited the capital, he had never visited such a suspicious place other than when Kaian left me behind.

I took it for granted that he always visited my bedroom, but in fact, the Duke and Duchess of Vermont, with whom they had such an amicable relationship, had never seen sleep in the same bedroom since they came to the castle.

There was a good reason why the bedrooms were created separately in the first place.

'If this is going to happen, he should sleep in his own bedroom.'

Did he really think I was asleep, but he walked into the bedroom late and noticed me?

'...It's annoying.'

This feeling of weeping was not originally my personality. I didn't have an angry personality.

Maybe it's because I have been through a lot of trouble since I was young, but I seem to take things easily and become indifferent to everything.

Since finding out I was pregnant, my emotions have fluctuated frequently, and I felt relieved when I thought it was all about the baby.

'I want the baby to sleep with his daddy. Look at this. The baby is irritable.'

While all kinds of ridiculous thoughts were going back and forth in my head, he took off the outer clothes he had been wearing, grabbed a change of clothes that the butler had kept in the dressing room, and headed to the bathroom.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

When I heard the sound of water pouring, my heaving stomach settled down and I came to my senses. My mood lifted and I suddenly felt better.

'Because I have to go to prenatal education.'

I quickly went and knocked on his bathroom door.

“Kaian.”

“What’s going on?”

“Is it okay if I come in?”

My baby wants to go to prenatal school. It was time to see something good.

However, a voice echoing through his bathroom rejected my request.

"No."

No sooner had those words left the bathroom door flinging open.

The man who was sitting in the bathtub, catching the pouring water with his large hand and rubbing the back of his neck, froze and made eye contact with me.

The large white bathtub was large enough for a petite body like me to fit three or four people.

When I crouched down to sit in fear of slipping, he looked like a lion occupying the rightful throne as the man, whose presence was enormous, sat in the vast bathtub.

I turned the water on so hard that it quickly filled half of the bathtub, with the water splashing violently against his tightly muscled shoulders and chest.

As the water stains in the bathroom reflected dazzlingly in the light of the glass-covered oil lamp, his appearance, which I thought was handsome, looked as elegant as a god.

The handsome man wrinkled his eyebrows.

"Why...”

However, I could not control my rampaging emotions.

“Why not?”

At my words, Kaian, who had frowned a moment ago, wiggled his eyebrows and looked dumbfounded.

“Why? What to say now..."

"Why... Coming to the bedroom late...”

My eyes felt hot.

“I waited.”

If I usually feel like crying about 100 times, now I feel about 10,000,000 sad feelings.

“Don’t come into the bathroom. Too bad...”

I wanted to cry comfortably, but I couldn't cry as if my body had blocked it all up. However, my crying was so evident that anyone watching could not tell that I was feeling that way.

“Claudel.”

Kaian looked at me with resentful eyes.

“You were the one who didn’t want to shower together.”



Previous            Next



  Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments