TPITT - Capter 43





“Uh-huh, I don’t know if a maid of some noble family would be this proud."

“Our owner is not an idle person.”

I rummaged through my pockets looking for something that could prove my identity, but Michael went first.

“My noble master wishes to meet the owner.”

As he spoke, Michael unbuttoned his shirt with one hand and pulled down his collar.

The guard mercenary was taken aback by the action that seemed to show off his pectoralis major muscles.

“Beauty, the beauty world doesn’t work!”

At that time, the surrounding mana current caused a small change.

Michael let a bit of black energy form on his fingertips.

The mercenaries were nervous, but Michael's intention was never to fight.

When a homunculus uses mana, a light mark appears on the left chest, where the heart is located.

The sign is in the form of a cross wrapped around a rose and a snake, it was the Hadelamid emblem proving that it belonged to the imperial family.

“Ho, homunculus...!”

Is there anyone in the empire who does not know the imperial emblem?

A middle-aged man who had been observing the situation from inside the tent came out.

"Oh my! Who would have thought that such a shabby place would house precious guests! Attention is a hassle. Please come in!”

I went inside without hesitation. Although it was a tent, the interior was quite luxurious, with many layers of luxurious carpets and curtains draped over it.

“Are you a theater lord?”

“Yes, yes. I am the owner of the Pegasus Troupe. It’s called Kuhn Largo.”

It certainly looked similar to the guy who was playing tricks on Rimona earlier.

I also introduced myself.

“Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamid. And this is my immediate envoy, Sir Michaelis Agnito.”

“Ah, as expected from the 7th Princess! I knew it from the moment I saw Lime Blonde.”

“Do you know Lime Blonde? In the ecliptic, little is known about me.”

“No. About five days ago in the Hadelun Times, a special article on the selection of knights under Her Highness the 7th Princess. From then on, the Princess became very popular among artists. You are a master.”

"What?"

“The part of the interview depicting the selection ceremony was so amazing. Artists who read the Hadelun Times are so inspired that these days. There are quite a few works depicting or engraving scenes of Her Highness’s selection ceremony.”

“...You must be kidding.”

“It’s true. Our theater company is also considering it as a motor pro for the next play. A monster in a public prison! And the person who imprinted that monster, the powerful heir to the throne, Princess! The impossible love between two people at the end of the century! Already penetrating my heart. Don’t you feel moved?! Hehehehe!”

While Khun, the troupe leader, was holding his heart and pretending to cry, I could not hide my embarrassment.

After a while, I came to my senses, realized that it was not time to waste time, and got to the point.

“Enough with that. I came because I wanted to support an actor in your theater company.”

"OMG!"

I had Michael take out the bag of gold coins that I had kept in my hand since I went out.

It was half of what was left over from the box of gold coins I received from Desmond II, which I spent on various necessities.

“You mean all of this ?!”

“I see. You know, great art. Excavating the family is one of the external activities to raise the dignity of the royal family.”

“Uh, which actor would you like to support?”

“Rimona Lund.”

"Yes? That child is from a gypsy background, so it’s not that... Rather... How is the child who is singing now?"

“Rimona Lund.”

“Oh, I understand!”

I whispered lowly.

“2 months’ worth of research expenses for the Grand Alchemist, half a year’s rent for the merchant guild building. This amount is equivalent to the average living expenses of a commoner family of four for three years. This is enough. Miss Lund will help you get on stage right now, right?”

“Wow, the Princess has an unreasonably good sense of economics. Yes, yes. Of course. There's just one problem..."

"What?"

“In charge of special effects on stage, A wizard is a contract mercenary who never works outside of the hours specified in the contract.”

Professional wizards were picky about time contracts. Because time was running out, I regretfully agreed.

“Just prepare the stage and music. Then let’s start by writing a sponsorship contract.”

“Yes, yes. I will have Rimona ready right away.”

As I was signing the contract, I glanced outside and saw Rimona following the members backstage.

There was no time to do any extra grooming. She will have to go on stage right away.

The basic sponsorship contract is no different from a receipt, so it is easy to fill out.

It didn't take long. I quickly stamped my seal and finished.

I came out of the tent and went to the backstage area. The rush was worth it.

We encountered Limona.

"Uh? You..."

“You got to sing, right? Congratulations, Rimona.”

Rimona looked at me in confusion. She's about to go on stage soon. Forgetting her nervousness for a moment, she spoke to me.

“I came here without any explanation. They pushed me here. I don't know what's happening now... Did you really help me with this?”

"Yes."

“Uh, how... ?”

I wondered what I had to hide. 

Now that she has received help, I will feel at ease when I hear Rimona's name.

So I tried to reveal my identity, but I hesitated.

It seems like the time was too long. Because the stage is coming soon.

Rimona, who was pressed for time, came to a conclusion first.

“Ah, I understand. Your master sponsored me, right? Right? Right?"

"Uh? Well, it's similar..."

She only received support. I smiled in embarrassment at the fact that I did not appear to be of imperial blood at all.

At that time, Rimona came closer and said.

“Hey, there’s no time to laugh. Now I really have to go on stage.”

"Huh?"

"Name! Tell me your name quickly.”

Rimona was suddenly holding my hand a short distance away.

It was an embarrassing experience for me.

It was my first time with a girl of my age who came into contact with me without hesitation.

'I've never even held hands with Cedella...'

However, I did not dislike this unfamiliar and unusual experience. I responded with a slight blush at the tips of my ears.

“... Eve. Eve Chloelle.”

I combined the nickname and middle name.

A name without hadelamid hid my identity.

It was a time when I was confused by impulsive lies. Rimona smiled brightly.

“Yes, it’s Eve. Thank you so much."

The name was called to the singer who enjoyed the past life.

Even though I hadn't even heard her sing yet, I felt my heart pounding.

“Eve, are you going to listen to my song?”

"Yes, of course."

“That’s it. The wizard came home from work without any special magic effects. They say you just have to sing. It might be a bit dull compared to other stages, but I'm going to work really hard. Please listen carefully.”

“You, no, you can probably move people just by singing.”

“Hmph, you’ve never even heard my song. Thank you anyway.”

At that time, the member in charge of directing sang Rimona in an angry voice. The curtains slowly began to open.

“I’ll go. See you next time, Eve!”

The wide-open curtain took Rimona to the stage.

Soon, the prelude to a song beloved throughout the empire rang out.

It was a song containing the myth of the moon butterfly worshiped by the southern nomadic people.

When I and Michael left backstage, Eimona's voice began to shake the night sky of the square.

Even though I have passed through life and gone back in time, the sensation that Rimona's song gives me still remains.

It was harsh as if it was hitting the heart directly, but it was also warm and sometimes tender, as if it was wrapped in an embrace and comforted.

There were no special effects at all, but onlookers couldn't take their eyes off Rimona.

I understood. It was like having the best instrument in the continent right in front of you.

“That’s amazing.”

I felt proud when even Michael admired her.

The sound of the song resonating in the dark square was coming to an end.

I quietly raised my hand. Due to the broad and shallow nature of my specialty, I also learned the illusion magic.

My command was achieved in thin air. Accordingly, a halo of white and purple lights appeared on the stage.

I gave Rimona butterfly wings that would make her fly toward the moon in the sky.

"Oh oh!"

It was low-level fantasy magic, but it was only a small troupe of contract mercenaries.

It was on a different level from the light powder magic used by wizards.

The audience was amazed by the beautiful effect they had never seen before. Even that is the God contained in the lyrics of the song, It also went well with flowers.

Clap clap clap clap!

When the song ended, there was tremendous applause. That wasn't all.

The encore rang out like a shout and shook the entire square.

It was the first time since the Pegasus Theater Company performed at the festival market.



Previous            Next

Comments