TPITT - Capter 44




A clause regarding confidentiality regarding the identity of the sponsor was included in the sponsorship contract.

During the carriage ride home, I was in an internal conflict about my actions.

'There is no particular benefit to hiding one's identity.'

Nevertheless, I gave my identity to Rimona.

I didn't want to reveal it.

Michael mentioned what happened with Rimona as if he had read my mind.

“They said the university would only allow me, but the number of exceptions has increased.”

“Yeah, that’s right. Is it because there is a precedent called Michael? Strangely enough, I don’t like it.”

“He seemed to like it.”

“Honestly, I think so. It feels really strange.”

I was still confused. Unexpectedly, it was Michael who gave the answer to my condition.

“It seems like this is a society for commoners.”

“A society of commoners?”

Michael spoke more clearly to me, who was tilting my head.

“I guess you made a friend.”

"Ah… "

Only then did I realize why I had hidden my identity. 

It was because I hoped that the next time we met, I would still be someone who treated her comfortably.

After I realized it clearly, both my cheeks became flushed.

It was my first time having a friend. Even the other person a singer I really liked?

I, who was cooling my cheek with the back of my hand, felt Michael's gaze. I suddenly became curious and asked.

“Does Michael have friends?”

"Well..."

Michael lowered his purple eyes to the side.

I seemed lost in thought and waited but did not hear an answer.

It was because the carriage had arrived at the imperial palace.

Michael brought me to my place and greeted me according to the etiquette.

“Then rest in peace, Princess.”

"Yes. Michael too. See you tomorrow."

Michael also returned to the Homunculus Knight's quarters within the imperial castle.

The direct knights, who are treated better than the general SS, share two rooms.

When Michael first entered the palace, he was living in a room alone, but recently, another person had been appointed as a direct knight, and he had to share a room with him.

Michael opened the door and felt the presence of someone else.

"My roommate is here.”

“Ah, Michaelis..."

The roommate was none other than Sylvestian.

Sylvestian was lying on the bed in his uniform.

He was covering his eyes with his forearm. Fatigue dripped from his disheveled appearance.

Michael glanced at the wind-up watch.

“It’s been a while since you came back before midnight.”

“It’s before midnight. You missed a day.”

It was a confession that he had stayed out all night.

Unless he goes abroad like Michael, there will be a knight directly in charge of the imperial palace.

There was only one thing to do: stay out or come home late at night.

As expected, Sylvestian spoke in a rare, self-mocking voice.

“The White Rose of the Empire... She wasn’t much different. Michaelis, what about you? Does Her Royal Highness the 7 Princess ask that of you?”

“That’s cruel.”

When Eve was mentioned, Michael showed a little anger.

“...I made a mistake.”

“Rest. When the sun rises, let’s clash swords.”

"Yes."

A knight as noble as the silver of his hair did his duty of night service.

It was clear that he couldn't accept it.

Michael did not blame Sylvestian, who seemed mentally exhausted, any further.

Michael drew the curtains on the window so that Sylvestian could rest comfortably.

The moonlight was blocked and darkness fell in the room.

Just like that, Michael leaned against the head of his bed for a moment and looked at the bed across from him.

The silver-haired fellows breathe quickly and evenly.

Michael's head tilted slightly as he looked at him sleeping.

Michael suddenly recalled what Eve had said.

“Friend..."

For some reason, he didn't hate that sound.

***

My daily life was busy and went smoothly.

While inviting noble guests to the drawing room and engaging in small social activities, Occasionally, I went outside the imperial castle to engage in public activities.

Also, through Cedella, I heard a report on Count Anais’s bathing business and the alchemy workshop's progress in making soap.

In the meantime, I did not neglect my mandatory studies as a Princess.

In order to effectively use what will happen in the future, I worked hard at the library to collect materials and study.

Sometimes, Desmond II visited me in the name of tea time.

On one occasion, the Privy Council members, including the Marquis of Limitiello and the Counts of Reindel, were also called to a meeting to discuss the frontier district.

Since the topic was about ways to develop the pioneering district, I also expressed my opinion regarding the specialization project.

“...As the Marquis said, we are moving towards supporting agriculture."

I think it would be wise to catch it. The area where the demonic beast appeared most of it used to be a granary. Just believe in the tendency and it appears nearby.

Rather than introducing agriculture to the local frontier areas, the land became more fertile.

“I think it’s a good idea to be sure about the factors.”

“Hmm? Eve, you are the haunt of the devil. 
Do you know why the region becomes a granary?”

“It’s still just a guess, but would you please listen, Father?”

"Of course."

“I researched the data and found that sand worm areas with more frequent occurrences tended to have more fertile land.  It seems that the sandworm's carcass has weathered over a long period of time, making it fertile. I suspect it may be the source of the soil.”

“Wow, it looks like it’s worth studying.”

This is it. If my guess is correct, alchemy will accelerate the decomposition of sandworm corpses and create fertile soil.

“Isn’t it possible to make it, refine it, and make it into high-quality fertilizer?”

"Yes. Among the demonic beasts attacking the southern part of the imperial capital, The proportion of sandworms exceeds 50%. The pioneer district will be a good research and processing center.”

“Fertilizer industry and crop cultivation in frontier areas, It is a great opportunity to develop the industry. No, is this an opportunity unique to the pioneering district? If it is distributed throughout the country, it could be a revolution in the agricultural industry.”

“I appreciate you listening to my little opinion, Father.”

Sandworm fertile soil and refined fertilizer. These two happened around the latter half of my last life.

It was an invention that was researched and developed by the Imperial Alchemy Association. Success was certain.

Additionally, the soil made from fresh sandworm carcasses is not only fertile, but It even has the effect of a natural pesticide.

Growing delicate magic herbs that are vulnerable to bugs, There was nothing like sand worm fertile soil.

High-value-added crop industries such as magic herbs will develop in the frontier districts.

In this way, the frontier district, Not only alchemists who used magical beasts as ingredients, was also positive for securing a floating population, as alchemists using medicinal herbs as ingredients would gather there.

The results of the meeting were very good. At first, the Marquis of Limitiello, the President of the Privy Council, had little interest in me.

There was no price, but now that the meeting was over, his attitude had completely changed.

“His Majesty the Emperor has instructed His Highness the 7th Princess to attend. There was a reason. I never thought you would live this well.”

Desmond II received the word faster than me.

"Yes! How proud I am these days. I don't know. Did I tell you? In the pioneering district, Create the saga of the Homunculus and establish the Academy. I'm talking about policy. The draft of the ‘peace migration policy’ was also written by Eve."

“It came from within.”

"Yes?! Just tell me to call the Princess Her Highness."

At that time, I thought you would naturally become the 3rd Princess, right?

“Not only I but all the nobles knew that, but didn’t they?”

The Privy Council members' eyes widened. The scribe who was writing down the words behind him was no different.

'Betty did something wrong.'

I had a hunch. Fortunately, Desmond II denied it right away.

“Uh huh, how could the rumor be like that...? Nope. It’s Eve.”

“Hoooh...!”

When Marquis Limitiello learned the truth, his eyes changed.

He was now looking at me not just with admiration, but with lust.

“Now that I think about it, Her Royal Highness’s age is this year. Are you seventeen? God has three tall children..."

“Uh-huh! Marquis Limitiello... I know it's great, but I'm in a meeting right now. Please concentrate, Marquis.”

“Hmph. I am honored, Your Majesty.”

Despite the warnings of Desmond II, the Marquis of Limitiello couldn't erase the look in his eyes full of regret.

After that, the Marquis took the opportunity to speak several more times.

Each time, he was stopped by Desmond II or Count Reindel.

'In my last life, I was with an old King. He sold it and refused to become a Marquis of Limitiello in this life.'

I looked at Desmond II with new eyes.

As we watched, the Privy Council meeting ended in a good mood.

The secretaries of the Imperial Advisory Council were busy compiling the minutes and delivering them to each department of the imperial palace.

Unlike in the past when informal wars of words occurred at tea time, this time

My remarks were to be recorded and delivered to key officials.

Additionally, Brigitte pretends to take credit for herself.

The rumor about me stealing the ball will be corrected through the mouths of the Privy Council members and secretaries.

'Betty, you must be losing face.'

I thought happily as I returned to my place. It was a truly rewarding day.



Previous            Next

Comments

  1. Isn't there an error? I can only see 44 chapters max., I can't get any further. I'm very interested in what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series was dropped. But if you want me to continue this series, I'll see what can I do.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I definitely want to continue. I'm so excited. I only saw part of the cartoon and I really want to know how it will continue. I couldn't find it anywhere else. Please, I will wait

      Delete

Post a Comment