TPITT - Chapter 37





Cedella, who had gone on an errand outside the imperial palace, had not yet returned.

Lian, Peony, and Hugh are in a sudden situation.

Even though I was embarrassed, I prepared tea and set up the tea table.

“I meet my Father, the Sun of the Empire.”

“Oh, yes. How are you, Eve?”

“Thanks to Father's care, I had a comfortable stay. Did Father do well?”

"Yes. I’m doing well.”

After exchanging a few greetings, I slightly bent my knees to the older Princesses, including Brigitte.

“See you, sisters.”

"Yes."

Brigitte was greeted with a cool voice.

Looking at the arrogance of her attitude, I was closer to the Emperor than to her.

“Come on, let’s sit down. Let’s all sit down.”

“Yes, Father.”

In order of rank, starting with the Emperor, Brigitte, Hesia, Isel, and Stefania sat down one after another with the help of their direct knights.

I also received help from Michael.

Oh, I sat down on the chair.

The original living room of the Verdant Room had a soft silver and emerald color.

It was a place that gave a soft and comfortable feeling.

However, an intimidating Emperor and a strong candidate for the Crown Princess took control of the central government.

It takes up a lot of space, and on the walls are unfamiliar direct knights.

As I stood expressionless, it felt like there was a sharp edge in the air.

I decided to check Brigitte's direct report at this time.

Brigitte, the Queen's daughter who ruined the imperial family with her harem, due to the strong male bias, frequently changed her direct reports.

I was confused, so I had to see who it was.

I saw a homunculus knight with Dark brown hair, lemon-colored eyes, and an impressive teardrop in the corner of his left eye.

'It's Elijah Hallsten.'

He was quite memorable.

Brigitte was first selected as her direct knight at the age of 16.

Since the ceremony, the direct knight has been replaced almost every year.

However, Elijah Hallshten is unusual.

He was a homunculus who held the position of Brigitte's direct knight for quite a long time.

According to one theory, the secret is Brigitte's relationship with him.

It is said that it was because she was satisfied with the night, but it was not known whether it was true or not.

Elijah seemed to feel my gaze.

A normal homunculus would have lowered his eyes with a face that hid his emotions, but Elijah was different.

He did not avoid eye contact and subtly curled the corners of his mouth.

I looked ahead in surprise.

Around that time, Lian and Peony started pouring tea.

The delicious ruby-colored liquid filled the white teacup and gave off a fragrant scent.

I explained briefly.

“It’s a blend of five tropical fruits with a hint of hibiscus. The sweet scent goes well with spring.”

“Oh, yes. Let's see. Hmm, the scent is really sweet. It tastes a bit sour.”

“It is the unique sour taste of hibiscus. I didn’t add a lot because my tastes tend to differ, but what do you think?”

“It’s okay.”

“Then try adding a little sugar. Would you like it? You can enjoy it more deliciously.”

"Ohh? This is it. It's a sweet and sour tea that strangely pleases the tongue. Very good."

“I’m glad that you like it.”

The older Princesses also picked up teacups.

Desmond II said, 

“How good would it be to see this?”

They had passed off the compliment as empty words, but after taking a sip of tea, they were shocked.

"What... It’s not bad.”

“Hmm. I wouldn’t be embarrassed to show it in front of my Father.”

The 5th Princess, is famous for taking care of Brigitte's chores.

Isel gave a stingy evaluation, followed by Brigitte's younger half-brother.

4th Princess Hesia gave a petty compliment.

“Anyway, the verdant room is truly beautiful.”

Brigitte never dirty her mouth or hands.

She lowers the teacup gracefully. When the topic was brought up, Desmond II, who finally remembered the purpose of his visit, asked me.

“Do you like your new place?”

“Yes, Father. The beauty of the green room has been familiar to me for a long time. I heard it, but it's more than I imagined. Especially the crystal in the drawing room. The wisteria decorations are mysterious and pretty. In a place like this, with my Father, I am very happy to be able to serve tea to my sisters.”

"Ha ha ha. I'm glad you like it. It’s a good thing I gave you the Verdant Room.”

Among the Princesses present now, the Princess who has a famous room aside from Brigitte, there was only me. Naturally, the other older princesses could not help but be offended by the sarcasm.

“You bestowed a verdant room, Father, so I think Eve was very happy to have her direct knight.”

"That's right. Father, she just brought in a direct knight. I can't believe you show such kindness. For us, this is unthinkable.”

“When I heard the news, I thought Eve had accomplished something by researching alchemy, right? Ho ho ho.”

The level of conversation was gradually increasing.

After only holding on for a year, it got to the point where she criticized me for saying that I should have hired a knight under my direct control.

Brigitte, seeing Desmond II's expression harden, quickly assumed the role of a dignified older sister.

“Just trying to do it in moderation.”

“Yes, sister.”

The blonde Princesses became gentle in an instant.

Brigitte also took the lead in revamping the heavy atmosphere.

“Now that I think about it, Father, I heard your public story. Something comes to mind. I heard that my father is interested in the reconstruction and development project of Hadel Rune these days?”

“Did that even reach your ears? The Protocol Department officials are soft-spoken.”

“It’s something I’ve been very interested in for a long time, so I found out about it on my own.”

“Hoo, really?”

"Yes. Looking forward to the development of Hadelun through reconstruction and development projects. I have high expectations. If you have any relevant achievements, I would definitely like to participate, father.”

Brigitte quietly brought up the topic.

She was good at turning things in the direction she needed to go.

I read the flow and guessed Brigitte's purpose.

'The Princesses were invited to talk about the reconstruction project. I guess I caught the wind by telling her to do it. She presented it to her mom and to the Marquis of Chansley, who was her financier. To see if there is a corner that can drive a profitable business.'

It was something I had experienced once in my past life.

In the past, the problem of decreasing magic gemstone mining was used. Last week, when Desmond II did not want to hear about the magic stone, he seemed to have turned to other issues.

'Am I just a bridesmaid?'

Probably so.

But what if I was related to the homunculus?

If I show a defensive stance when the topic comes up, they will try to bite me to the point where I cannot recover, just like in my last life.

I feel hated by Desmond II.

The experience of being kicked out of the interview room was very bitter.

I had no intention of repeating the same thing.

“Betty, you seem to be curious about the details of the business.”

“Yes, father.”

Desmond II trusted and cherished Brigitte in many ways.

She was happy to tell me about the new policy.

“The slums to the east of District 14. I plan to move them to the pioneer area south of District 27.”

“Oh, indeed! It is a policy that shines with father’s honor and will.”

Brigitte pretended to be impressed as if she understood everything after only hearing a brief statement.

I quietly lowered my eyes to my teacup.

'Ah, that damn policy.'

Desmond II and Brigitte, who did not know the future, started talking about policies that would soon fail.

“Oh, Betty. Have you figured out my intentions?"

“Of course, father. The current slum was built over 100 years ago during the reign of Siegfried III, the 13th Emperor. That is. At that time, eastern Hadelun was located in the Legion Forest. There are many cases where demonic beasts invade, so when a slum is created, damage from demonic beasts can occur. It had the advantage of serving as a policy of accepting it first. That is why Siegfried III allowed the poor to live without paying taxes.”

"Yes."

“But now things have changed. As a result of the subjugation, the cases of demonic beasts invading the slums have disappeared. With the development of the eastern region, the land in the slums became a trade route. It has become of great value. It has become a yolk land.”

"Yes. You know very well, Betty.”

“On the other hand, in the south of Hadelun, attacks by demonic beasts have been increasing for about 10 years. There is a trend. Especially the summer rainy season and winter rainy season. From then on, the 27th district was attacked without exception. They're suffering. Relocating the poor people of the slums is the best Solution. In addition to cushioning the damage, the poor people are also able to reach new lands. Since you can reclaim land, wouldn’t you kill three birds with one stone? As soon as I heard Father’s words, I was amazed.”

"Ha ha ha! It's Betty after all. I can't believe you understood everything in an instant. It is indeed a great material.”

Eve, who was quietly listening to the conversation, felt the fingertips holding the teacup tremble.

'No matter how poor they are, they don't pay taxes.

As if taking away their home isn't enough, they're going to use it as a new human strategy to reclaim the wasteland?'

It was no different from being treated as a violent criminal sent to an outpost to be used as bait for demonic beasts.

In a past life, Desmond II and Bridgett were on a slum relocation policy.

I didn't know because I didn't have a chance to listen to Te's conversation.

The political situation that was thought to be just a momentary mistake

It was a shock to learn that the mistake was something the father and daughter had done together because they liked it.

It was then.

Brigitte said with a cool smile on her lips.

“Father, even the poor in the slums are subjects of the empire. I think that any ruler should treat even lowly people like flowers and care for them."

I blinked, wondering if I had heard something wrong.

Meanwhile, Brigitte continued speaking.

“The poor become full-fledged subjects through migration. There is a way to be born again. Would you please listen to it?”



Previous            Next

Comments