TPITT - Chapter 36






"Dispute? Could it be that my brother caused the knights under his direct command to harm you?”

“It was an ordinary guard knight. I don’t think it was for political reasons, so you don’t have to worry about the price.”

"Still..."

“They were just guys I saw occasionally since the training camp days. You can ignore it, but it's been a bit annoying lately. Oh, it’s nothing special.”

Michael quickly changed the topic so that I wouldn't get distracted by unnecessary things.

I turned it.

“Rather, I have something to tell you.”

"What?"

“I think the free training time is too long. I want to do my job properly, so I would like you to give me an order to come to the place only when called.”

"Yes. I will do that. From now on, please come to work at my place.”

“Thank you for your permission.”

Michael bowed and asked.

“So what mission is it?”

“It’s nothing grand, I have something to go to the Protocol Department. Because Cedella is out. I called you to go with me so I could see Michael’s face.”

“As expected, I am next to Lady Arpel. I’m sorry.”

The purple eyes took on a mischievous glow. I nodded without embarrassment.

"Yes. So, you have to work hard, Michael.”

“I will follow your orders, My Princess.”

Me and Michael exchanged humorous words and left the residence.

I visited the protocol room of the main palace. The disc wing is a shared office with a high concentration of people.

As soon as I stood in the hallway, a familiar face greeted me.

“Alben Redmon meets Her Highness the Seventh Princess!”

“It’s been a while, Mr.  Redmon.”

“I am Your Highness’s subject. Please humble your words, Your Highness.”

I thought for a moment and then opened my mouth.

“I understand, Mr. Redmon.”

The inferiority of a superior was also a sign of friendliness. Alben was very happy.

“Mr. Redmon, nice to meet you.”

“Oh, yes. Lord Agnito..."

Michael and Alben also waved goodbye.

Alben led me to a small living room. Tea and refreshments were already prepared.

“I came without any message, but it seems like you were waiting for me.”

“Hehe, bribe the guard... No, it's trivial for the guard. I asked a favor. Please give me some tips so that I can serve Your Highness without any problems.”

Not only me but also influential people such as the royal family and the three noble families

Everyone would have been asked to give advice during their visit. I laughed because it was obvious to me.

"Yes. Good relationships start with small sincerity.”

"Yes. It’s just a very small, small sincerity.”

Alben smiled and offered tea.

“What brings you here, Your Highness?”

“I plan to engage in imperial public service activities.”

To put it simply, imperial public activities meant community service activities carried out by the royal family.

The imperial family had too many children due to the negative effects of traditional polygamy.

They were all members of the royal family, and the prestige of the imperial family could not be maintained by just playing and eating.

Therefore, the Emperor gave his children a certain amount of money every quarter.

He was forcing them to engage in social activities.

Public activities ranged from small donations and sponsorships to large dispatch missions.

However, if you want to carry out a big mission, the scores for previous public activities had to meet a certain level or higher.

It was a strict experience system.

If one had high merit, one could also be involved in politics.

Brigitte, a strong candidate for Crown Princess, and the first Princess, called eldest sister, and the 2nd Princess, the 1st Prince, known as my eldest brother, were involved in politics.

The level of activity was high enough to handle provincial and imperial affairs.

On the other hand, I, who was obsessed with alchemy, was far from politics or external activities.

My merit score was low because I always met my quarterly quota through charity work.

“Wow, now you are interested in not only social activities but also external activities.”

Alben's maroon eyes shined.

“First, I want to see what activities there are.”

“Wait a moment. I will bring the list, Your Highness.”

I received a thickly bound document booklet and looked at it.

The hand that had been flipping through the paper paused for a moment.

'Survey of the actual conditions of the magic stone mining site.'

The mission to dispatch outside the imperial capital Hadelun is cumulative. Only those with high achievements could receive orders. Of course, it was impossible for me to do this at the moment.

Alben also pointed out this point.

“I may be presumptuous, but the activities you can choose are the ones ahead of that. If you want to participate in dispatch activities, please start holding charity events now. You have to host 16 times or donate 38 more times.”

“It’s so far away. It will take a lot of time and budget.”

Alben was quick-witted. Seeing that I still hadn't turned the page of the document forward, he asked this question as if he was wondering.

“Do you want to build public value quickly with a low budget?”

“Is there a way?”

“Hehe, of course. There is a way to use double compensation.”

“Double compensation?”

Right from the name, there was a strong whiff of expediency.

“You can host and donate at the same time in one charity event.”

“Wouldn’t the organizer be recognized for participating in the event he or she hosted?”

“You can have a separate organizer for a charity event and anonymously sponsor the hosting costs. In the Empire, there is something called ‘seal priority’. The heads of households of the royal family and nobility are identified on documents not by their names but by their seals. Even if you write it down anonymously, it is not anonymous, so once you receive the certificate, you can be recognized for hosting and participating in the event at the same time.”

“Tell me in more detail.”

“If the sponsorship cost exceeds 1/3 of the hosting cost, you are recognized as the host and receive half of the credit. Since you are not the host, you can receive an invitation. Customarily, sponsors of an event have the advantage of not having to make a separate donation even if they receive an invitation and attend. Because we have already sponsored the event. By using this, it is possible to achieve similar results as the organizer while reducing costs by one-third and using almost no labor.”

“It’s expedient.”

"Yes. It's expedient, but it's not illegal. That’s why I’m telling you, Your Highness.”

Alben smiled proudly and cruelly.

“If Your Highness so commands, Alven Redmon will look for a suitable host. Let me introduce you.”

“Hmm, I think we can do three with the budget we have right now.”

“Wow, you’re really short on budget. There are also ways to get your donation back."

A sense of illegality began to shine.

It was difficult to awaken in that direction, so I did not mince words.

“You don’t even have to resort to expedient methods. I cannot get my subjects’ hands dirty.”

“Hook! Your Highness!"

In response to the words that seemed like he was thinking about it, Alben said he was so moved that he even forgot about the regret of not being able to show his true value.

“I believe in your ability, but if my achievements are focused too much on hosting and participating in donation events, I'm afraid it might arouse suspicion. I need to mix in some other activities as well.”

Saying that I looked at the booklet again. There was one item that stood out.

Alben, who checked the phrase ‘discovering and supporting artists’, quickly explained.

“Supporting artists is also an activity that enhances dignity. When an artist becomes famous, many Receive additional recognition for their achievements. The problem is that it usually takes a long time to become famous..."

"Right. It would be difficult to use it as a main force.”

In the end, I handed over the documents to Alben and made a request.

“Of all the things I can do, I want you to recommend it as the most meritorious thing.”

“Hmm, in general, visiting sponsorships give the most credit. Are you okay with kids?”

"Children? It’s okay, there’s nothing else to do.”

“Then it would be good to find out the actual situation of the orphanage. Visit a House located in District 14 in person. The condition is that any shortcomings be financially taken care of.”

“I will visit right away tomorrow.”

“I will contact them in advance through the mail golem.”

Alben suddenly realized that I had been staying in the imperial palace for a long time.

I only studied alchemy and participated in charity bazaars.

He remembered that I was a Princess who easily fulfilled my official duties.

He added some advice to me, who was visiting the orphanage for the first time.

“I’m being presumptuous, but it’s better than a dress.”

“I recommend that you go dressed appropriately.”

“Ah, I understand.”

District 14 is adjacent to the slums, so it would not be a good idea to dress like a noble. I was easily convinced.

“Then take a look, Your Highness. And ah, Lord Agnito.”

I came out of the Protocol Department holding documents of the public activities I had received.

When we reached the quiet road leading from the main palace to the annex, Michael opened his mouth.

“You’re trying to accumulate enough achievements to be able to visit the magic stone mining site.”

“You noticed.”

“Didn’t you bring me here to show me? I think you originally wanted to go with me, not Lady Arpel.”

“Including that, you noticed.”

The playfulness didn't last long. I immediately spoke with a serious face.

“Within the first half of the year, the homunculus of the mine, I'm thinking of going to take a look. I want to improve the poor situation as quickly as possible.”

“You... You're serious.”

Michael's eyes deepened as he took in my profile.

It was around the time when the bee palace began to come into view.

As I was walking leisurely, as if enjoying a spring day, I saw Lian coming out of the villa's entrance.

The running steps were too urgent to be a welcome.

“Your Highness, you’re back just now! Something big happened!”

“Lian, what’s going on?”

“A message has arrived that His Majesty the Emperor will soon return to his home. He said he would like to have refreshments with us.”

"Oh my God. He's really coming.”

To Desmond II, who carries out his promise in the grand banquet hall, I felt a sense of separation. It made me wonder if he had always been such a caring father.

However, after hearing Lian's words that followed, I felt my affection for my father cooling off.

“They say the 3rd Princess and other Princesses are coming together!”

“3rd Princess... Phew, then yes.”

Lian urged me to quickly return to my quarters.

I almost ran and then walked along with Lian as I listened to a detailed explanation of the situation.

“His Majesty took a walk with Her Highness the Third Princess. While they were doing it, Your Highness's thoughts suddenly crossed His Majesty's mind. He said he was going to visit the place afterward. I think Her Highness the Third Princess recommended that the other Princesses be invited as well, saying that the bigger the position, the better.”

“So who else is coming besides Betty?”

“From the 4th Princess to the 6th Princess.”

Below Brigitte, above me, oh so damn much gathered together. No matter how I looked at it, it didn't seem like it would be a friendly event.

'Betty has moved.'

Amber eyes darkened. Michael was watching me, but I didn't even feel his gaze.

“Let’s hurry.”



Previous            Next

Comments