TPITT - Chapter 24



Finally, it was Rosenit's birthday.

The imperial palace was busy from early morning. In the morning schedule, there is a selection ceremony and a grand banquet is scheduled for the afternoon.

It is no exaggeration to say that all of the responsibility for the affairs of the imperial palace exists for one person, Rosenit.

This wasn't it.

My place was also busy. The new maid, Lian and Peony was in a state of high spirits.

They prepared special bath water from the first morning. Things made by mixing various ingredients and boiling them are nasty. It was moss-colored, sticky water that gave off a smell.

“P, Peony This doesn't look like bath water, it looks like a witch's cauldron. Are you skilled in black alchemy?”

“It can’t be. It is a light beauty bath water. I'd like to explain in detail, but since I don't have time, I'll prove it with effectiveness. Please go in now, Your Highness.”

“Ahh!”

As Peony said, the effect was good.

After two hours of bathing in the witch's cauldron, my skin texture became optimal for receiving makeup.

Next, a double layer to remove odor.

Time flew by as I took another bath. The wind-up clock was already pointing to noon.

Cedella sent Peony and Lian out to the living room and prepared refreshments for me.

During the break, Cedella reported on the situation in the imperial palace.

“It is said that the selection ceremony for Her Highness the 8th Princess is still in progress. It's already been over two hours. Normally it would be over within an hour.”

"I know. It's late."

I was not surprised because it had happened in my past life as well.

'Rosenit doesn't really have any talent for alchemy, so she used the ritual to imprint Sir Millard. She had to take it five times. What was successful in the end was that Father brought her a piece of the Philosopher's Stone. Although it was kept secret at the time.'

It is said that Desmond II's favoritism does not last for a day or two, but Rosenit did not spare the knights under his direct command who had been obtained by using the Philosopher's Stone and replaced them after only three years.

The behavior was unacceptable.

“Will Her Highness the 8th Princess be able to complete the imprinting ceremony safely?”

“No need to worry. Rosie has never been unable to get what she wanted.”

I hid my emotions and spoke deeply.

“And what about Michael?”

“Lord Agnito has been here for a while. Now in the living room, he is being groomed by Lian and Peony.”

"Already? They’re diligent.”

“Lord Agnito needs to groom himself just as much today as Your Highness. We must hurry.”

“Oh, of course.”

I nodded in understanding.

The social circles of the Hadelamid Imperial Palace had very high standards for grooming.

This was fair to both men and women.

Today, Michael also decorates himself beautifully and splendidly as part of the imperial palace society.

It was the manners and laws of society.

'Uhm. I'd like to say hello, but should I wait here until the remodeling is over?'

While a woman is getting dressed, visiting a man who is not her lover or couple is usually considered rude.

In the opposite case, it wasn't rude, but I still tended to avoid it.

Cedella read the concern on ny expression and spoke quickly.

“It is not necessary to talk inside and out as you would with an ordinary nobleman. I don't think there will be any. Because of this imprint, Lord Agnito will regard you as a close friend.”

“Oh, really?”

"Yes. Then shall we take you to the parlor?”

“Yeah.” 

Hmm.

I brushed cookie crumbs from my lips and stood up.

As soon as I opened the door, I could see the back of Michael sitting on a stool in the middle of the room.

He was in the middle of being dressed up by Lian and Peony.

“Michael, hello.”

“Ah, Her Royal Highness.”

Michael got up to greet me.

As a result, the silk gown that had been draped over his shoulders fell to the floor, exposing Michael's upper body.

'Omg.'

I was lucky that I didn't let out the sound of taking in a breath directly through my mouth.

Michael's half-naked face was so wonderful.

A well-muscled stomach, a slim waistline, and a thick, long, and prominent collarbone line were perfection itself.

It was no exaggeration to say that this was a beautiful male body that should be widely distributed in the art world.

" Your Highness."

"Yes."

At that moment, Cedella revived my spirit with a small call.

“Lord Agnito, now that you have greeted Her Highness the Princess, please sit upright again and look ahead.”

“Yes, Miss Lian.”

It was a good thing that the employees were so attached to Michael because of the decorations that he was completely distracted.

'I almost lost the Princess's face.'

I secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

“I came out to say hello, but I’m going in because I’m getting dressed up so it might be inconvenient.”

"No. It’s not uncomfortable.”

Since the new employees were also present, Michael used polite honorifics.

“Hmm, that’s not comfortable either. I’ll be in as expected.”

“No, I think it would be better for you to stay.”

"Huh?"

“It’s my first time grooming myself...It’s awkward.”

These were the words Michael said in the mirror, avoiding eye contact. It clearly meant to stay on the leaf for a while.

'I never would have thought that Michaelis Agnito, who I thought had nothing to fear in the world, would be weak at dressing up.'

I learned something new about Michael.

Additionally, even if the engraving remains still, there is a difference between me and Michael.

I also learned that it strengthens bonds and intimacy. It was a good harvest.

"Huh. Then I’ll be in the leaves.”

I sat down on the sofa without hesitation.

It was a special seat where you could vividly see the decorations of the most handsome man in the empire right before your eyes.

Peony and Lian were very excited, holding men's makeup tools in both hands.

“Lord Agnito, just trust us. I will help you show off your handsomeness to everyone in the palace.”

"Is it so. Even if you can’t become the white rose of the empire, I will help you become the black rose.”

Michael, who felt awkward, expressed his opinion passively.

“Since the Princess is waiting, wouldn’t it be better to finish it quickly?”

“It’s so quick, how can you do that for the first time! In social circles, decoration is also mandatory. Please refrain from using disloyal words.”

“...I will correct it.”

He was scolded harshly by Lian, who asked him why he was using me as an excuse to ask her to finish things roughly.

While facial makeup was being done, a young blond boy servant, Hyuga, picked up a gown that had fallen on the floor.

However, it was not returned to Michael.

“Now you have to put makeup on your body too, so I’ll put this away.”

“Even in the body... Does my body wear makeup?”

"Yes? Ah yes. Of course, Lord Agnito. Like make up which Causes women to have their collarbones stand out, it’s the same as putting on makeup. To make your body chain stand out, men need to prepare the skin texture of the neck, collarbone, chest muscles, and navel.”

“That’s incredible.”

Michael's eyes wavered. I smiled faintly and comforted him.

“Balls and banquets held at the imperial palace are particularly strict when it comes to attire. Please bear with it even though it’s hard, Michael.”

“Is this only the imperial palace?”

"Yes. Formality strengthens authority. The imperial palace has a stricter dress code than any other social church to solidify its authority as the center of the political and social world.”

"Yes. However, I don’t know if you can really call it ‘strict’ ​​based on those uniforms.”

"Huh? Ah, hahaha.”

I smiled awkwardly at what Michael said while glaring at the white robe with the open front and body chain.

Even in my eyes, the attire that Michael had to wear was far from strict.

On the contrary, there was even a sex appeal aspect to it.

I cleared my throat once and, in a rare move, defended the social circle.

“In the social world, the tastes of noble women tend to be reflected in a big way.”

“It’s my taste. Does Her Royal Highness like this too?”

“...I don’t think I hate it.”

"Is that so."

Both then and now, the foundation of the social world was the marriage market.

Unless there is an extremely arranged marriage based on political interests, it is possible to marry someone of the opposite sex.

It was natural to want to have a companion with outstanding charm.

Therefore, in the social circle of the imperial palace, the largest marriage market, they were told to appeal their sexual charms, and all exposure was done in the name of manners and laws.

Not only for women but also for men.


Previous            Next


Comments