TPITT - Chapter 23






When I decided to become the Crown Princess, there was a lot of work to do.

As I looked out the window, rubbing my stiff eyes, I saw a red fire at the edge of the sky.

Only then did I realize that quite a bit of time had passed.

'I should get some air.'

I made the bookmark invisible using magic and waved my hand once.

Dozens of books were covered at the same time.

The documents were also tightly hidden under the canopy decoration.

I went for a light walk accompanied by my new maids, Lian and Fiony.

“Where would you like to go, Your Highness?”

“Let’s go to Coloso Arena.”

I impulsively spoke about the Homunculus Training Center.

As the sun was setting, it was impossible to say whether Michael was still training or not.

It was time to walk with the mindset that if we meet, it's good, but if we don't, it's not.

Fortunately, I was able to run into Michael who was coming out of the training center at that moment.

“Princess?”

Michael found me and quickly approached me to show respect.

As if to prove his sincere training, his bangs were slightly wet with sweat.

It was stuck, and heat remained on the back of my neck and cheeks.

It's somehow strangely erotic.

“What brings you here? If you had called me, I would have gone to see you.”

Without even thinking, I immediately ordered Lian and Peony to retreat.

Only I and Michael remained on the secluded roadside.

Only after we narrowed the distance did the conversation become more comfortable.

“I didn’t come here for any business, I was just getting some air.”

"Right. Are you going to take more walks? Where... Should I take you there?”

Michael found himself embarrassed while asking the question.

Because I ordered him to focus on training, he did it unintentionally.

He was confined to the arena for five days.

There was no opportunity to learn the geography of the imperial palace.

Equivalent to the size of a decent village.

The imperial palace was still unknown territory to him.

I, who understood the situation, led him away with a small smile.

“Follow me, Michael. I’ll show you a pretty place.”

Under the sunset sky, the two people walked side by side along the quiet path of the imperial palace.

The red pomegranate color colored Michael's handsome long profile.

The face, with its contrasting light and shade, was like a cameo sculpture.

Michael, conscious of the gaze, turned around. I naturally brought up the topic.

“It’s a banquet the day after tomorrow.”

“I heard you are very busy these days preparing for the banquet.”

“Ah, I was trying to find some important people. It’s all over now.”

“Don’t I have anything to prepare? The day that depends on your re-entry into society. Strangely, it’s the day after tomorrow and I’m only training in the arena.”

"You did enough to check the etiquette. Cedella was surprised that your etiquette was perfect.”

“That’s too much praise.”

It was a natural level for Michael. Looking at his unimpressed face, I changed the topic.

“Is life in the imperial palace worth it?”

“It’s worth it. It’s almost peaceful.”

“Did you happen to run into any other members of the royal family?”

“Because I was at the training center, I didn’t have to run into anyone from the royal family.”

I was satisfied. I think it's a pointless old woman, but until Rosenit's birthday, there was a wish that Michael would be as unnoticeable as possible.

'I don't want to show Michael around until the position as Rosie's direct knight is filled.'

When she falls in love with Michael at first sight, Rosenit steals my direct knight.

She may commit an unprecedented catastrophe.

“Everyone is here. Here, Michael.”

The place I took Michael to was the glass greenhouse garden in the imperial palace, which was rumored to be beautiful.

“Let’s go inside.”

I and Michael climbed the marble stairs and passed the glass Arc de Triomphe.

As I stepped into the small banquet hall-sized glass greenhouse, the scent of flowers and grass hit me.

Inside the greenhouse, flowers growing in the sunlight were showing off their various and beautiful colors.

The wooden cart was filled with lovely flowers, forming a huge bouquet.

The ceiling was decorated with long vine plants, and in the center, there was a large bowl of white water lily flowers added to the charm.

The sound of rippling water somewhere rang in my ears like a pleasant musical instrument.

A huge ornamental tree with roots on one side was spreading its leaves, creating a nice shade for resting.

If a forest fairy decorated the bedroom, it would be such a beautiful place that I thought it would be just like this.

"How is it?"

“It is a beautiful place, just as the Princess said.”

“It’s worth coming this far.”

I found a chair made of woven reeds and sat down.

Despite my poor physical strength, I tried to climb some stairs and found it difficult.

Michael stood near me and looked around at the ceiling of the greenhouse.

The dome-shaped glass tiles visible between the leaves looked like a puzzle piece into the sky.

The sparkling and beautiful scenery that was unimaginable in the barren training center was deeply captured in Michael's eyes.

“I think it was a good thing I came out of the training center.”

“I’m glad you like it.”

The cloudy sky where heavy snow always falls and the glass through which the sunset light passes through.

It was a time when we compared the sky.

Michael suddenly realized something special about the greenhouse.

Michael closed his eyes, felt the flow of mana for a moment, and then asked.

“Are we keeping the environment unchanged? It causes abnormal weather.  It's a magic-like principle. Of course, the scale is much smaller, but, surprisingly, the magic is always maintained. It’s really amazing.”

“Michael also has great insight. I see that the greenhouse is a culmination of magic and alchemy.”

“It’s difficult to judge because I am unfamiliar with alchemy, but magically, I understand for sure. The magical structure and mana flow are really delicate.”

After hearing Michael's words, I remembered something I had forgotten.

'Oops, homunculus can't use alchemy.'

A homunculus born with a natural talent for magic is, at first glance, an alchemist.

It seemed like it would be of a high standard, but in reality, it was quite the opposite.

They couldn't use alchemy at all.

It's as if you know the principles of magic well in your head, but in your body It was similar to not being able to use magic because the mana core could not be formed.

The Imperial Alchemy Society explained this as the providence of nature.

Just as created humans cannot use the power of God, the creator, homunculus created through alchemy can use the power of God.

Some say that homunculuss is inherently incapable of creation, and that is why the argument that they also had no reproductive ability was gaining ground.

But I knew of an exception. I was deep in my thoughts as smiled I looked at Michael.

'In my last life, Rosie used the power of Lapis Philosophorum (Philosopher's Stone). She said she was having Michael's child, right? If it's true then how on earth did they do it? Is there an answer among the forbidden knowledge of the imperial family that only the Emperor and the heir to the throne can access?'

My scholarly curiosity was aroused.

I decided that when I became the Crown Princess, the first thing I would do was look into the reproductive problems of Homunus.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize that I was staring at Michael with serious eyes.

In the end, Michael seemed unable to bear my gaze and called me.

“Princess, what are you thinking like that?”

Even at this point, I was engrossed in my thoughts.

“Thoughts of making a baby.”

The honest truth came out without any filtering.

What I said while giving a stinging look was enough to cause misunderstanding.

"Making... Baby... ?”

Michael's eyes shook mercilessly.

It looked like it was stranded in chaos.

It was worth it.

This is because serving the royal family at night was generally an important part of the duties of direct knights.

Could it be that the postponed ‘inspection’ will be held today?

It was when Michael couldn't speak.

Only then did I realize the atmosphere and hurriedly waved my hand.

"Oh... No. It’s not like that.”

"That... Princess, you probably know... Just in case, let me tell you, homunculus are unable to reproduce.”

“Ugh, of course, I know.”

“But when you look at me, why... If there is any other meaning..."

“Oh, no, even if it’s not true. I'm just saying, even homunculus aren't incapable. I thought it might be a good idea to research it. I wish I had considered the possibility of infertility rather than infertility.”

“So why are you looking at me now..."

It seemed like persuasion wasn't working. I sounded somewhat stern.

“It just so happened that Michael was right in front of me. Don't have strange thoughts."

“...I get it."

Even though I received an answer from Michael, the air inside the greenhouse was still filled with distrust.

I, feeling that this was no longer possible, got up quickly.

“I have to go back now.”

"I get it."

“Michael takes the lead.”

Michael silently followed orders.

Instead of a handsome face, he has a straight and reliable face.

As soon as I saw the back, I felt a little bit of peace come to my heart.


Previous            Next

Comments