TPITT - Chapter 19






"What... ?”

“Of course, what I’m saying is that you have to work hard. I don’t plan on asking Michael to do anything particularly difficult. As I said before, it’s enough to fill the position of a direct engineer.”

“No, wait a minute. Isn’t it too much to tell such a huge story all at once? Give me some time to gather my thoughts. I can’t keep up with your pace.”

Michael is distraught.

It seemed. He placed his overloaded head in his hands and let out a series of sighs of lamentation.

In fact, from Michael's point of view, being suddenly dragged into the world is a complicated feeling.

It was a situation he couldn't adapt to, but now that he's heard this incredible story, he's had to think about it.

He wondered if it was a good thing that he wasn't paralyzed.

Normally, you would at least prepare your mind and reveal your aspirations, but the Princess in front of him had no such mercy.

No matter how much he said he would tell the secret after the imprinting ceremony,
although he asked her to tell him first, he couldn't help but feel that it was a bit too much.

'I wonder what she didn't say in prison.'

They need to be extremely careful about eavesdropping and prying eyes.

Since it was a declaration of duty, it was natural to avoid unfamiliar places.

And considering Michael's personality, 
this was a good choice when he did it.

To be honest, he's still skeptical about Eve's words, but when I first saw her, If she had revealed her great ambitions in a lax way, Michael would never have believed her.

On the contrary, she is an authoritarian and self-absorbed royal family who only puts her ambitions ahead of words.

It may have been used as a basis for misunderstanding, and the liberation of the homunculus was a pretentious attempt to coax the slaves.

It would have been an excuse to despise it as a coaxing statement.

At that time, a person he had forgotten until now revealed her presence.

“Well, well, over there..."

Cedella, who was arranging flowers in a vase in the corner during tea time, was shocked.

She was looking at Eve with a shocked face.

Cedella, like a professional maid, wanted to pretend that she had no eyes or ears, but she just couldn't do that right now.

“H-Her Highness Evienrose..."

"Yes, Cedella.”

“I’m sorry for saying that, but are you serious?”

"Yes.”

"Oh my God..."

Cedella covered her mouth with her hand.

Because Cedella’s reaction was also important to Eve, Eve watched her bulging light green eyes with some trepidation.

Soon Cedella clenched her fists and shouted.

“I, I, I will watch Your Highness diligently. I’m lacking, but I’ll do my best!”

“What does Cedella lack?”

As expected, for me, Cedella was the best maid.

I thought I should buy not only a townhouse but also an island with a high-end villa.

While I and Cedella expressed our faith in each other, Michael, who had regained some composure, opened his mouth.

“I understand why you suddenly decided to break your creed and bring in a knight under your direct command. Is it to enter the social world and solidify your position as a Princess?”

"Yes."

“But if that’s all it takes, wouldn’t another homunculus be possible? Why me?”

Michael did not overlook important points.

Since I couldn't reveal the secret, I chose words to explain.

Fortunately, there was something to be said for the reason.

“I imprinted on you the person who repelled Father's control. I have proven that I am worthy of being mentioned as a candidate for succession to the throne.”

“Ah, the act of impressing me was very much a political intention, isn’t it? When I think about it, it’s such a simple fact that it’s pathetic that I didn’t notice it in advance.”

"No. Until now, I was treated like a bastard."

The Princess suddenly says she wants to become the Crown Princess.

“If I don’t tell you, who will know?”

I smiled and took a sip of the tea.

'I'm glad Michael's reaction wasn't negative. This is enough for today.'

In my opinion, Michael was a cautious person.

Sincerity is usually something that takes a long time rather than being proven right on the spot.

It was a law that was often proven in hindsight.

Because Michael still cannot completely trust my words, he will need time to doubt me, be wary, and make his own judgment.

I decided not to rush.

I was planning to slowly win Michael's heart while pursuing my goal with all my sincerity.

I became a solemn Princess and made a request to Michael and Cedella.

“You know, this is top secret. When both of you leave this room, be careful what you say from the moment. Even if everyone in the palace can guess, what people directly acknowledge is completely different.”

“I’ll keep that in mind, Your Highness.”

"I get it."

The answer was reliable. I smiled and refilled my empty glass.

“Okay, then let’s talk about our future schedule.”

The ambitions were sufficiently revealed. Now it was time to discuss the specific future.

“I’ll leave out the little details and tell you only the important things. Tomorrow, Michael will be with me. You must have an audience with Father and receive the oath of allegiance.”

“I hope the Emperor succeeds this time. And I don’t want to end up in jail.”

“No need to worry. Since I succeeded in the imprinting ritual, Michael's immunity is currently suppressed. It will work. Michael, just focus on being polite to my father. You can never act like that in front of me.”

“I will follow your orders.”

Michael responded and seemed to be lost in thought for a moment. Soon he said he was reluctant.

“It is a ceremony of loyalty to the Emperor and the royal family... Then from tomorrow, will I  become a dog that obeys other members of the royal family?”

The oath of allegiance was a ritual that took away one's will, it was natural for it to be unpleasant.

Although the oath of allegiance ceremony is not as thoroughly binding as the inscription, those with Hadelamid imperial blood will no longer be able to exercise the will of rejection or rebellion.

You must follow unreasonable and humiliating orders, even those that may be life-threatening.

Even if they are subjected to violence by members of the royal family, they will not be able to respond.

The only thing that can prevent this is someone with greater control than the general royal family.

There is only rejection from the imprinter. In other words, my role was enormous.

“As the Princess, I will do my best to protect you.”

“You are trustworthy, Your Highness.”

For a moment, the corner of Michael's mouth drew a soft curve.

It was truly a smile that thrilled those who saw it.

“Back to the main topic, this week we just need to get over the loyalty oath ceremony and that’s it. The next important event is next week.”

“You mean the 8th Princess’s 16th birthday?”

"Yes. Rosie's birthday banquet. That was the first time I went with Michael. It will be an official event. It seems like you learned etiquette at the training center, but still... Let's check it out. Cedella will help you.”

"I get it. From what I hear, it sounds like an important day for your re-entry into society.”

"Yes."

“As a direct knight, I will do my best.”

“Why so much? Just do what everyone else does.”

Michael did not respond to my laughing words. He seemed to have no intention of doing anything roughly to him.

“Is there any more information on the schedule? Then I would like to hear about your personal routine.”

“I guess you’ll need it to do your job as a direct knight. Cedella, my schedule, Can you write it down on paper?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

I felt that everything was going well.

Since I had gone back 8 years, I couldn't remember what my daily routine was like back then.

It was a good opportunity to find out about life patterns.

“Please write in as much detail as possible. What classes do you take, when and from whom, and what kind of lessons do you take? When and with whom do you usually have tea time? It is regular. Or are there activities you do on a semi-regular basis, people you meet, places you go, etc. Everything. And show it to me first. I need to review it.”

I was thinking of memorizing it using memorization magic.

“It’s done, Your Highness.”

“Let’s see..Huh? Not much, huh? This is almost like a class schedule?”

The secret preparation for memorization magic was almost in vain. It was at a level that I could memorize with my brain.

I was a little embarrassed and asked Cedella.

“Have I been living indoors like this, not meeting people or going out often? I think I’ve been quite busy.”

“It’s true that you are busy. When there are no classes or lessons, You are devoted to alchemy research.”

“But basically, the imperial palace was busy with many big and small affairs of the imperial family.”

“You didn’t go unless you had to.”

The longer the conversation went on, the more clearly his lack of sociability became apparent.

'I really left the imperial palace.'

Eve decided to change the topic at this point.

She said, handing the paper written by Cedella to Michael.

“Michael, please let me know if there are any routines or fixed schedules that I should know about.”

“The job of a direct engineer is to follow the owner’s every move.”

“From what time to what time?”

“Basically, I accompany the royal family from when they wake up until they go to sleep. and

Unless otherwise specified, sleeping and eating are provided to the royal knights in the north.

“I understand that this needs to be resolved in a dedicated building.”

" aha."

A dedicated maid like Cedella stays in the next room and almost lives with the royal family.

However, Homunculus Knights live as a group in the Imperial Guard's quarters under strict and thorough management.

The basic affiliation of direct chivalry was the Imperial Guard Knights, so it was the same.

Of course, in the case of direct knights, they have to comply with the personal orders of the royal family.

Therefore, they are exempt from roll call.

It was an exemption obtained in exchange for serving the royal family.

Eve asked.

“Is there no separate training time? “There is a training center near the accommodation.”

“Ah, that’s right. Training time is necessary. I can do it during the day if you let me, but if not

You have to make time to do it in the morning or evening. If even that is not possible, there will be no progress.

“My everything now depends on your decision.”

"huh. “I’ll do well.”

“Thank you.”

Michael raised his right hand to the level of his gaze.

The place he focused his attention on was his wrist, where he was wearing a mana circuit restraint that doubled as handcuffs.

“For the time being, I think I will have to focus on practicing magic and sword techniques. When I was at the training center

I always wear a mana circuit restraint, so I can save mana.

The only thing I was trained to deal with was theory. open

“I need practical training to check the mana circuit and stabilize the mana core.”


Previous            Next

Comments