TPITT - Chapter 18






“...My hair isn't quite green. Lime blonde. Blonde.”

This morning too, to show off the rose blossoms called Rosenit.

I reacted harshly because my hair was treated like a leaf.

Michael, who does not know my true situation, thinks that what I said a moment ago was a protest.

It seemed like he didn't even notice the fact.

He nodded selflessly, saying he understood as if he had heard the explanation.

And then I continued what I couldn't say before.

“It’s very beautiful.”

The words contained in an indifferent tone were unexpected.

I felt like I had been surprised and was a little embarrassed.

I was confused because there was no subject.

To prevent misunderstanding, I took the initiative to clarify the meaning.

“You mean the palace’s garden? Combining the main palace and the detached palace, there are 25 gardens, so it would be a good idea to tour them one by one.”

“I’m looking forward to that. And it's not just the garden that's beautiful. So does your hair.”

“Why are you doing that?”

“Why am I doing that? That’s what I have to say.”

Michael at this time had a surprisingly straightforward personality.

Yes.

The problem was different. Even though I knew this was self-destruction, I couldn't help but point it out.

“Michael, didn’t you hate the royal family?”

"Yes."

It was an immediate response, almost at the level of a conditioned reflex. It was clear that he answered right away without even thinking.

I pointed out.

“I am a member of the royal family.”

Michael's eyes widened and shrunk slightly, albeit slightly.

It was as if he had just remembered something he had forgotten.

“... I hate thinking about it. Why did I say that?”

Michael's eyes changed a little when he looked at me.

It's not like he can see bugs, but he can see the insects he hates flying around.

At any other time, I would have felt slightly hurt, but other things were more important to me now.

“Do you hate thinking about it? If you don’t think about it, nothing happens, right?”

Michael answered after some serious self-reflection.

“If I’m not conscious of it, I won’t feel bad towards you. I wonder if this was influenced by the imprint.”

“I think so.”

“If that’s what you think, then it’s probably true. It's a good thing because it's tiring to always harbor hatred towards others. I feel like the imprint is controlling my emotions arbitrarily. Ah, Is it really possible that things are changing like this without my will? Like this, before I know it, I am afraid that I will become truly loyal to the imperial family.”

“That will never happen. Don't worry."

It was an assurance that only someone who knew the future could make.

“Will I be loyal to the imperial family in front of the royal family? Look, I’m the one who openly says I’m scared, but you’re also very unique when you promise that it won’t happen.”

"Is it?"

“Actually, I’m surprised that you allow me to be so reckless now without using honorifics. I thought the Princess’s attitude would change once the imprinting was completed.”

My decision not to ask Michael to be formal was intentional.

Even so, it is an extreme master-slave relationship.

However, if I become formal in my tone of voice, Michael will not open his heart to me.

That's what I thought.

Rather than create an awkward atmosphere by making a serious confession, I tried to pass it off as a light joke.

“It’s only for Michael. Because you work directly under me.”

“Well, I think I heard that some members of the royal family have that kind of taste.”

"Haha."

Since there were a lot of perverts in the family history, it seemed like it was also considered a taste.

I laughed awkwardly.

“Only do it when we are alone. It’s okay until in front of Cedella.”

“Unless you specifically order me to treat you with respect, I will do so.”

Michael lowered his eyes deeply.

The impact of the imprint he experienced a little while ago on his unconscious mind was quite shocking.

So, I had to think about it again.

Soon Michael spoke to me.

“7th Princess. There's something I'd like to experiment with, and I need your help. Will you allow it?”

“What experiment?”

“I want to see if you can embrace life.”

“Uh, um. There's nothing that can't be done. Instead, I'm scared because my spirit is not normal. Let’s do it after casting some magic to protect the mental world.”

"I get it. Thank you for your permission.”

I completed the spell in an instant and looked at Michael.

The eyes, which were originally amber in color, emit prism light as if they were gem eyes.

Proving that his mind is now protected.

Michael raised his downcast eyes and immediately made eye contact with me.

It was clear that Michael was also gathering energy while I was chanting the magic spell.

As soon as our eyes met, Michael's eyes became terrifyingly cold.

But that was it. I wasn't scared.

On the contrary, a handsome man stared at me with a piercing and intense gaze without even blinking.

I just felt a little embarrassed by the situation I was looking at.

It felt like temptation, not life, was breaking through the mental protection magic.

Michael immediately looked away.

"So."

"No?"

"Yes. Now I feel like I can never do anything that would harm you.”

I wanted to applaud but held back.

Just then, the last grain of sand fell from the hourglass that measures time.

I filled Michael’s cup with tea first. The light yellow liquid was flowing with a pear scent.

"For a moment."

I decided to do some decorations with my favorite materials.

I took out a semi-dried green apple-colored flower bud.

The colorful and cute-sized flower buds floated on the tea water, delighting the eyes.

The only tea food that could be prepared right away was cookies.

I finally sat down, placing the plate containing the biscotti in the center.

“Now drink it.”

“...What a nice tea. Thank you, 7th Princess.”

The sight of Michael sipping tea was like a painting.

I followed suit, sipping tea in my mouth and feeling emotional.

It was my first proper tea time with him in both my past and this life.

It was time to fully enjoy the tea. Michael opened his mouth.

“Then it seems you decided to tell me something.”

“Ah, is that why I must make Michael my direct knight?”

"Yes. Now that I’m yours, can’t you tell me it’s a secret?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

I picked up the biscotti and took a bite.

In front of Michael, who was waiting patiently, I chewed the biscotti and swallowed it, and finally opened my mouth.

“To become the Crown Princess.”

"What...?”

“Of course, the ultimate goal is the Emperor.”

“No, wait..."

“The goal is to liberate the homunculus.”

Michael froze at my shocking declaration, which led to three consecutive strikes.

There was silence in the drawing room. All that could be heard was the sound of eating.

A considerable amount of time has passed. Michael, who had barely come to his senses, asked.

"Ha... Is it Emperor?”

“Look into my eyes. Do you think I’m lying?”

“...Your eyes are alive.”

"Yes."

I finished eating the biscotti and wiped my fingertips with a napkin.

I place my hands on the table with my hands clasped and lower my back.

I straightened up and took a solemn stance.

It was a perfect pose to reveal my grand aspirations.

“I was already upset by the imperial family calling an abnormal system a tradition. Seeing that the third Princess Brigitte is the likely successor to the throne, there were no dreams or hopes. I will stand up and enact a special law on homunculus and stop exploitation. I've decided. The special law states that homunculus infants are born every year like objects. Abolish the creation of, and close training centers that are operated inhumanely, we consider it fundamental to guarantee the rights of all homunculi as subjects. I’m still working out the details, so if Michael has any opinions, please let me know without hesitation.”

My expression was serious and my amber-colored eyes sparkled.

No matter how you look at it, it doesn't seem like I am joking, which makes Michael even more distraught.

"That... Almost overturned the empire, isn’t that the same level? The empire has been creating Homunculus for hundreds of years... No matter how much you are a Princess, this idea is tantamount to treason. No, not even a traitor would dream of such a thing. Now, Seventh Princess, you will do it?”

"Yes."

I agreed without any hesitation.

It wasn't just that.

The trend is that if you set a goal, it is natural to make a plan.

The schedule was added later.

“I want to be Crowned Princess by the age of 20 at the latest and inherit the throne by the age of 30. We have to work hard to do that.”


Previous            Next

Comments