TPITT - Chapter 20






“That’s really important.”

Even though it was a minor rather than the main major, I was also a magic walker.

I immediately ended tea time as if it were natural.

“Then let’s go and practice and see to my work.”

“See you tomorrow?”

"Yes. Why?

It’s not like I said anything I couldn’t say.

Michael looked surprised. I didn’t think it was because he was disappointed that tea time ended early.

Michael asked again as if to confirm.

“Can it be tomorrow? Is it over today?”

"Huh. No matter what, it’s basic to finish early on the first day.”

“Are you sure you won’t call me in the evening?”

“Would you like me to call you?”

“No, that’s not it.”

"Yes. They said I need to practice.”

Her intention to encourage academic enthusiasm was extremely pure. Michael mumbled with a dazed look on his face.

“...I expected it, but they really sent it to me.”

"Huh?"

“No, no.”

Michael swallowed a bitter laugh.

Usually, on the day of the selection ceremony where the engraving is completed, it is sent to Homunculus in the name of ‘inspection’.

It was a nasty and unpleasant imperial custom to ask people to serve at night.

Because the imperial palace is a hotbed of corruption, Michael secretly believes that Eve is also no different.

He was mentally preparing himself, thinking that she might be the same as the royal family.

But in the end, he only felt embarrassed in his head.

“Then I’ll just leave. Rest in peace, Princess.”

"Yes. See you tomorrow."

Michael bowed, raising his right arm to his chest in the informal manner of a knight.

I waved my hand informally.

Cedella followed Michael as he headed out of the room as if to see him off.

As soon as she came out into the hallway, Cedella closed the door behind her and called Michael.

“Lord Agnito.”

“What’s going on?”

Cedella's expression when looking at Michael was gentle, but she was not smiling.

With a neutral face, she spoke calmly.

“It is extremely rare for Her Highness to personally serve tea. So far I've only seen it three times. Alchemy Master, Master of the Magic Tower, His Highness the deceased 4th Empress... These are people that Her Highness Evienrose respects. But now Lord Agnito is the fourth. I just wanted you to know.”

Cedella made Michael realize that Eve's favor was not common.

Cedella's condescension was effective, so Michael answered with a serious face.

"Right. I will keep that in mind.”

"Yes. Please take care of her.”

Only then did Cedella smile at Michael.

I was extremely tired due to the aftermath of the imprinting ceremony.

It was the next morning, after a full day, when I opened my eyes.

I woke up drinking strong Earl Gray tea that Cedella had brewed.

“What about Michael?”

“He's waiting in the reception room.”

"Already? We have to hurry.”

I had a much simpler morning routine than yesterday.

Today's dress was designed with gray and sky-colored vertical stripes for an urban feel.

The hair was not braided but tied in a half ponytail and secured with a pearl pin.

After putting on light makeup and wearing accessories, I went out to the living room, which was directly connected to the bedroom.

“Hello, Michael. Good morning."

“Good morning, Princess.”

“Nothing happened yesterday, right?”

“There is nothing special to report.”

"Yes. I'm glad."

Michael was wearing a long sword at his waist.

Although it was a basic item, it showed that attention was paid to quality as an imperial item.

His waistline, wrapped in a tight uniform, was as well-shaped as his waistline.

I went to the tea blending station and looked at the lemon balm that had played a major role in winning the favor of Desmond II yesterday.

I made a lot of rooibos tea.

Before leaving for the main palace, I made a request to Michael.

“Michael, you have to show courtesy in front of my Father.”

"I know."

“You have to be formal with me too.”

"Of course."

“Do you want to use your honorifics for practice?”

“You're so worried. Am I not that trustworthy?”

“The idea is to be cautious.”

Michael showed signs of being worried about everything but followed my words.

Soon Michael, with a serious expression on his face, knelt on one knee on the floor.

Michael's lips touched the back of my left hand. It left a strange sensation on my skin.

When I was slightly shocked, Michael responded with great admiration as if he were treating a lord he had served for ten years.

He looked up at me with his eyes and said.

“I will sacrifice my whole body and heart to help you, Your Highness, the Seventh Princess.”

With the perfect posture and handsome face, it was literally like looking at a living work of art.

I, who felt harm to my heart, decided to quickly get him up.

“Wake up, Lord Agnito.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Even the movement of raising the body according to my hand gesture was sharp, like a swordsmanship movement.

When practice was over, Michael sat down again and asked.

“Do you respect me too?”

"Yes. Let's do it in formal situations. I think it’s one of the few signs of respect I can give Michael.”

“...If you want to do it.”

Although he pretended to be unimpressed in his answer, he could not have disliked me, who treated him with care in many ways.

Cedella, who had checked the time at that time, said.

“Your Highness, you must leave now.”

"Yes. I will be back."

I went to the main palace with Michael.

In the room guided by the chamberlain, not long after waiting, I received a call from the emperor.

“Welcome, Eve.”

Desmond II sat on an ornate chair decorated with gold and rubies and looked at me in an imposing manner.

“The Seventh Princess, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamid, meets my Father, the Ocean of the Empire. Have a nice day.”

"Okay. Hmm..."

Desmond II's gaze was focused on Michael, who was ceremoniously standing diagonally behind me.

A judgmental gaze looked Michael up and down.

“Is that person the monster of the public prison?”

“Yes, Father. This is Michaelis Agnito.”

"Okay. That guy is the disgusting monster who refused my baptism of blessings.”

Desmond II let out an angry tone. I am careful to speak up.

“Relax your anger, Father. From what I understand, the refusal to take the oath of allegiance was not Lord Agnito’s will.”

"Then?"

“As expected, there was a problem with Lord Agnito’s mana circuit. Lord Agnito's mana amount is, it is uniquely massive even among homunculus. The flow of mana was blocked by the wind, and it seems that this distorted the mana circuit. Due to the nature of the homunculus, if the mana circuit was twisted, there was no way it could function properly.”

“Oh, is that so?”

My complexion did not change at all and I made up a story that Desmond II would like to hear.

“I ask you, Eve. How did you solve that problem?”

“When I arrived, the distorted part of the mana circuit was visible. Gently burst the part that is blocking it like a dam. Just by giving it, Lord Agnito's circuit became normal. I was really lucky.”

Desmond II's eyes became heavy as he looked down at me.

"You were lucky?"

He was filled with doubt as he asked me to listen. I was very nervous.

'The creation of homunculus is the Emperor's exclusive right. In other words, the father knows best about homunculi. After all, a properly tailored sound doesn't work, does it?'

It was when cold sweat formed on the back of my neck. Desmond II brightened the mood by laughing.

“Eve, what are you afraid of?”

" Yes?"

“Why are you so reluctant to honestly reveal your superior dominance? Are you so afraid of the throne?”

"Yes?"

I blinked my amber eyes three times before I could understand Desmond II's words.

‘No, Father. You interpreted it so favorably...!'

It was time to use my wits. I said, pretending to have a solemn expression.

“It would be deceiving to say no. My father's position is so high, far, and dazzling to me. What I feel is not just fear, but respect. It's almost awe-inspiring. How can I humble myself in front of my father?"

“Ha, I didn’t know my seventh daughter was so eloquent.”

Desmond II seemed satisfied.

I felt a somewhat strange feeling as she saw a look in his eyes that was completely different from the one I had received in my last life.

“It is done. Just started behaving well as a member of the imperial family. It’s fine, but I don’t plan on suddenly asking for more from you.”

“Thank you, Father.”

“You worked hard to imprint the monster of the public prison. Even monsters dress up like this. It seems quite plausible. How nice it is to be neat and obedient.”

It was uncomfortable to hear the disparaging words calling Michael a monster.

I decided to take advantage of the love that was beginning to pour in on me and make a brave statement.

“Father, this may be presumptuous, but Michaelis Agnito became my direct knight as of yesterday, so from now on, I think it would be right for you to call him Lord Agnito.”

"Ha ha ha. Yes, Eve, you are right. However, to be recognized as a true knight, you must first have procedures to go through. Isn’t that right?”

It felt like an oath of allegiance ceremony was taking place right now.

Even though I was fully prepared, I felt nervous.

Desmond II rested his chin on one arm.

He ordered with an arrogant posture and a bored expression.

“Michaelis Agnito.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Get up and come to my front.”


Previous            Next

Comments