TPITT - Chapter 35




A week has passed since Rosenit's birthday.

I moved to the Verdant room.

The fresh green room has pale emerald wallpaper and silver birch trees.

It was a place where wood was combined to give a mysterious garden feel.

The powder room and dining room are incomparable to the previous residence.

Not only does it have all the same basic spaces, but it even has a private office and three rooms for employees and technicians.

Among the Verdant rooms, I especially liked the drawing room.

The area from the four pillars to the ceiling is made of wisteria.

There was a pergola-shaped decoration because it was made of crystal and was very shiny and pretty.

Squeak.

Tea water was placed in a white teacup. I was currently writing a letter in my office, savoring the scent of tea.

Ever since Rosenit's birthday banquet, my stock in the social world has risen considerably.

As proof of this, basketfuls of social church invitations were pouring in every day.

Read all invitations, decide whether to attend and then send a reply.

This has become part of my daily routine.

Most of the time, ghostwriting is done by Peony, but there are also letters from important people.

In the case of the invitation, I had to write it myself.

For example, ‘Dear Lady Ameloth’, the recipient of the letter I am writing now, was like that.

“Lady Ameloth really sent a letter.”

"Yes. Let's choose the dress and accessories to wear to the next imperial banquet together. Madame of the High-End Salon and Ameloth Jeweler. I will have the chief designer on standby, so be sure to come to the townhouse.”

Cedella raised her light brown eyebrows.

“This is my first letter to the royal family. It is not a request for permission to enter the palace, but rather an invitation is against the law.”

“It’s an old law. Lady Ameloth is a free-spirited person, so you should understand.”

After speaking, I felt a little embarrassed that the day had come when I was supporting Julia.

Cedella accepted her master's wishes and complained no more.

“The nearest imperial palace banquet is a demonic beast-hunting contest.”

"Yes."

“It is the grandest event among the spring festivals. There is nothing wrong with receiving help from Lady Ameloth. I think. Considering his behavior at the last banquet, she seemed a little rude. Even so, I don’t think she has any malicious intent.”

“I think so too, Cedella.”

I nodded and wrote a reply indicating that I would accept the invitation.

Sparkling green ink contains elegant handwriting.

Cedella showed curiosity.

“Your Highness, the ink is unique.”

“Ah, isn’t it pretty?”

If things go as they should be, after about half a year, Rosenit started to become a sensation after being used.

It was ‘pearl ink’ that would become very popular. I decided to take the initiative and set the trend myself.

“I made it in Lady Ameloth’s favorite color. You must like the Lady.”

I, who said that, was diligently writing down social comments on the letter paper.

My heart conveyed with green garnet ink that resembles the color of your eyes’

Cedella glanced at the passage and spoke seriously.

“I would keep it for the rest of my life.”

"Ha ha ha."

After struggling with the stationery for a while, my wrists started to feel stiff.

Cedella reported and asked me several things while I was resting and drinking tea.

“Baroness Penelo’s maid visited in the morning. It is said that she is leaving for her territory in a hurry. After checking the stockade and embankment, she said she would send you a letter to say hello to you soon.”

"Yes. When you receive a letter, be sure to deliver it. I will write a reply myself.”

"Yes. And Baron Laplier will not be able to visit today due to the second-quarter budget meeting. He said it was the same. I'm very sorry, and next time I visit, I'll try Baron Laplier's special dish. I promised to bring Financier with me.

“Once again. Someone who visits every day.”

It seemed like it would be a leisurely afternoon for the first time in a long time due to the cancellation of the schedule.

Cedella continued to report.

It was.

“It is said that the sword requested from Liblo Blacksmith will be completed by next weekend. Before the Beast Hunting Competition. I think it would be possible to give it as a gift to Lord Agnito.”

“Thank goodness.”

“Count Lucyard’s business is going well. Hot water tank starting tomorrow. She said construction is scheduled to begin and it will take less than a month to be completed. The public bathhouse will be officially open for business around that time.”

“Then we should prepare too. Have you handled the matter of taking over the alchemy workshop that I mentioned earlier?”

"Yes. We have taken over the ‘Green Potion’ alchemy workshop.”

“Ah, you mean the place that those three siblings run instead of their father?”

Three young siblings were running a shabby herbal alchemy workshop on behalf of their failing father.

However, there was no way the children, who were inexperienced in both potion making and workshop management, would be able to do it as well as their father.

They were repeatedly defrauded of materials and goods by bad adults, and as the quality of the products deteriorated due to disruptions in the supply of ingredients, the number of customers dropped off.

Eventually, as their father's condition became more serious, To raise money to call a doctor right away, the three siblings decided to sell his workshop to Cedella.

“The family of three siblings does not have a separate home, so they live in the attic of ‘Green Potion’. Instead of driving them out, you let them go. Coincidentally,
 I remembered what you said you needed employees..."

Cedella rarely spoke.

Just by looking at it, the intention to accommodate the convenience of the three siblings' family was revealed.

Of course, I never reprimanded her.

“Yes, you did very well. Are you paying the children well?”

"Yes?"

“There is no work yet. This is what happened. Take care of it.”

"Ah yes. I will keep that in mind, Your Highness.”

Cedella smiled happily.

I took out a wad of paper stored in a drawer.

It was a recipe for soap to be delivered to Count Lucyard.

“My first job was making soap, which had nothing to do with alchemy. The little alchemists might grow horns. Cedella is good at persuading me.”

“These are children who were helped by Your Highness’s grace. They will comply without complaint.”

I glanced at the order form on the last page of the recipe and expressed some concern.

“The quantity is quite large as we have to deliver it to three public bathhouses. I don’t know if it will just be children.”

“It will be okay because these kids have pretty strong hands. Moreover, Mr. Raman... So the physical condition of the father of three siblings is gradually improving. Once he gets better, they will be able to manufacture together, so there will be no problem.”

"Okay. Great... What? Mr. Raman?”

It was a name I had heard of.

I asked back in surprise.

“Are you talking about Raman Haviol?”

“Oh, Yes.”

"Oh my God!"

A magical beast that others consider trash. It was the name of a genius alchemist who created added value through by-products.

The 'all-purpose solution' created by Raman from slime essence has become a necessity in the research of alchemists.

Additionally, the stamina potion made from the intestines of the stone worm became a nighttime necessity as a safe aphrodisiac.

In addition, his inventions had countless contributions to alchemy and real life.

‘Anyway, this is the magic beast hunting team. I was trying to find Raman Haviol before the meeting opened!'

It was clear that Cedella was a fortune.

I exclaimed in excitement.

“Cedella, you did a great job! You're the best!"

“I’m glad you like how things turned out.”

Although Cedella was confused and didn't know what to say, she smiled shyly at my compliment.

“Then, I will go to the green potion to deliver the work.”

"Yes. Please be careful.”

After entrusting Cedella with an important errand, I rang the small bell because I remembered what I had to do.

Ryan came into the office.

“What about Michael?”

“He must be training at Coloso Arena. Unless Your Highness calls him to your quarters, he's practicing. Because you're commanded it.”

“Oh, right. Can you call me Michael?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

When it was time to drink another cup of tea, Michael opened the office door and came in.

“I have come as you have been called, Your Highness.”

“It’s just the two of us, so we can talk comfortably.”

“Then I am willing.”

I had found Michael's hair was slightly wet.

“Have you washed?”

“I was covered in sweat and dust while sparring. I can’t help you with someone unclean.”

“Sparring? With whom?"

“There are so many that I can’t remember them all.”

Amber eyes shone.

I can't believe Michael has adapted well to life in the imperial palace, as he is already capable of sword sparring with several homunculus.

Because it was heard that there was.

However, Michael's indifferent words that followed betrayed my expectations.

“Some people said it hurt their mouths to argue, so they suggested we talk with swords.”


Previous            Next

Comments