THYU - Chapter 39



The meal went well with her mouth, and Violet purposely ate more than she should, considering her future journey. Since there was only one bathroom, Violet took a bath in the bathroom in the guest room, and Winter took a bath in the sauna on the same floor. 

Violet came out first after taking a bath and took out a sleeping pill. Since her husband is very big, she felt like he would fall into a deep sleep if she fed him a little more than she ate. However, on the other hand, she was worried that feeding him more than the prescribed amount would harm his health.

In the end, Violet dissolved the amount of sleeping pills that she usually takes to sleep in the ice water that the staff brought for Winter to drink after taking a bath.

After returning from his bath, Winter gulped down the cold water as usual. Perhaps because it was a tasteless medicine, he didn't feel anything strange about it. 

Violet took a sip of warm water with lemon and looked at him curiously. 

"Aren't you cold?"

"Cold."

"But why do you drink ice water?"

"The water just doesn't taste good." 

"It's the same? And why is your coffee always so hot?"

For Violet, who enjoys moderately warm temperatures, whether it be coffee, tea, or water, all of his tastes were outside of common sense. Besides, what is the logic behind saying that it doesn't taste good unless it's ice water? 

As Violet narrowed her eyebrows and pondered, Winter took the cup from her hand and placed it on the table. And then he held her in a soft gown and hugged her.

Then, he went to the bed, sat down, and made Violet sit on his lap. As Violet hesitated, Winter cupped her chin and tilted her head to look at her. Violet bit her lip slightly and then asked.

"Are you angry?"

"You got it right this time."

"You're angry, are you planning on kissing me?"

"Uh, venting my anger." 

He was beside himself with anxiety and nervousness.

When he found Violet at the train station, who he thought was coming the next day, he couldn't get over the feeling that the sky was falling when he found out that she had bought a train ticket in the other direction.

Winter wrapped his arms around Violet's waist and hugged her, whispering calmly.

"I'm just saying this just in case. If you run away, I will find you somehow."

"Yes."

"I will find you and monitor your every move. Remember that running away from here will completely destroy your life." 

Fingers moving along his chin swept through Violet's still-dry hair and grabbed it. Winter continued. 

"I can find you anywhere in the world."

"Winter." 

Violet said, placing her hands on his shoulders. 

"You can't use me to make money. It's not worth it to you."

"I don't know."

"Are you still sure? You can turn this marriage into a profitable one?"

"I'm sure." 

He continued speaking as he untied the waistband of Violet's gown. 

"I've already lost enough in this marriage. The only thing left is you, so don't make me lose you too."

"..."

The gown flowed down, exposing her shoulders. They had been together for three years, but Winter had never really seen her. This was because she had never taken off her clothes properly, much less turned on the light.

Violet, trapped in a strange sense of shame, fluttered her eyelashes and grabbed the gown with both hands.

"Turn off the light."

"Oh, shit." 

"Turn it off"

Violet said in a trembling voice.

She had no intention of turning down this bed anyway. After spending the night here, Winter will be fast asleep and she will be able to leave.

More than anything, she wanted to hug him tightly one last time. Since she won't be seeing him for a long time, she'll use this night as an excuse. 

Winter, unable to resist his wife's request, ended up turning off the light as usual, and in the inclement weather, not even moonlight entered the bedroom.

***

As Violet expected, Winter fell asleep. Immediately after the relationship ended.

After he was completely asleep, Violet woke up. Usually, after taking this amount of medicine, Violet would fall asleep without being able to do anything for about ten hours. 

She found the gown on the floor, put it on, went into the dressing room, and changed into her own clothes. Wearing a hat and holding a clutch in her hand, she briefly returned to the bed.

Violet gently stroked the hair of Winter, who was sleeping soundly, and took one last look at her husband.

"Winter."

She called out to Winter, who was still sleeping.

"Honey."

Her heart ached again. Violet wrapped her gentle hands around his shoulders and stroked them. She stroked his features, one by one, as if she would leave his face in her hands.

"Ever since I was young, I have admired strong things. Things like great knights, legendary animals, and trees from classical literature... Then I heard your story."

Smooth and pretty forehead, thick hair, straight eyebrows as if drawn.

He had such a beautiful face with his eyes closed. Violet spoke, cupping his clearly defined face.

"It was good to hear it in words. It looked amazing. Then when I saw you in person, I liked you a lot more, so I told you, I knew I was lucky to meet you. It was really like that that day. I really like you."

Violet's lips trembled. 

"I fell in love at first sight..."

Even though they met for money and status, Violet had no doubt that they would be happy. She was full of confidence that she would eventually save him.

After stroking her husband for a while, Violet let go of him to leave. But suddenly Winter's hand came up and grabbed her wrist.

Violet was startled and tried to pull her wrist away, but Winter pulled her with force and made her fall down on his stomach.

"Oh, didn't you sleep?"

"I fell asleep for a moment and then woke up. Because you touched me."

If it were Violet, she would have fallen asleep almost immediately after taking the medicine. But it seemed to have had only a minimal effect on Winter. Of course, she should have given him more medicine. 

Winter, who looked refreshed rather than sleepy, raised his upper body, pulled Violet, who was now in his arms and asked.

"So?"

When Winter asked, Violet continued speaking in embarrassment.

"It's over. There is no back." 

"Love at first sight?"

"You knew that. I said it clearly. Meeting you made me realize that I was lucky."

"How can you say it was love at first sight?"

"No matter how you hear it, it's like that, right?"

 "Not at all. I thought it was about money."

"Yes?"

"Because I paid back what your father did, and now I have personal property for you. I thought that meant you were lucky."

"Oh my God. There is nothing remotely romantic about you."

"No, not at all. From the beginning, I really thought you wouldn't even want to have a half-baby like me as a servant."

Winter asked as he put on the clothes he had thrown away, wondering what she was thinking. 

"Now?"

"I hate you."

"It's not completely hopeless." 

"What hope?"

"I hope you will do well in the future. We will get along well in the future. It's not too late."

"Winter, I told you. We are already late."

"Why are you talking about that again? We just have to do well from now on."

After getting dressed, Winter walked over to Violet, took off her hat, and threw it away. 

"It looks like you were trying to run away, right?"

"..."

"Did you give me any medicine?" 

Violet paused. Winter laughed it off as if he could forgive her. And he walked over and locked the door.

"Good. Now I have a reason to keep an eye on you."

"Let me leave." 

"Don't talk nonsense."

Winter looked desperate. Violet said bitterly.

"I have to leave."

Winter walked towards Violet but stumbled because the effects of the medicine had not yet gone away.

Violet quickly escaped from his hand and picked up her clutch. She continued as she opened her bag.

"I spent three years feeling sorry for not being able to give you the things you wanted. What is it? From the day I got married, I never had the desire to be loved. The same goes for you. We can't do that. Because you keep making me give up. If we want to be happy, we must each live our own lives."

Winter shook his head to shake off the drug, looked at Violet, frowned, and clicked his tongue.

Violet was pulling a gun out of her clutch.

Winter said with a sigh.

"I can't help it."

He knew it from the moment they met at the train station anyway. She said she was thinking of leaving him.

Violet's face has always been conservative or closed-minded. But now, the sad madness that occasionally flashed in her eyes disappeared, and it overwhelmed Winter like a revived fire dragon.

As he faced the gun, he felt at ease again. If she was going to run away anyway, he thought, he might as well die here.

Wouldn't that mean he would die at the hands of his wife? Not bad. 

Winter said, pointing to his heart.

"If you're going to shoot, kill me with one hit. Because I don't want to die in pain."

Violet laughed weakly at his words. Then she pulled up a chair and sat down as if she was tired. She straightened her back and looked at Winter.

"I have no intention whatsoever of hurting you. I just feel sorry for you. I'm so sorry I lived like this for three years."

"Then what are you going to do..."

Violet muttered as she loaded the gun and raised it.

"I have something to show you."

"What?"

"You've been wondering how to change your body. I'll let you know."

And as she placed it on her temple. Winter's eyes widened. The moment he ran frantically, Violet pulled the trigger without any hesitation.

A loud gunshot echoed throughout the hotel.

Winter suddenly felt severe back pain and a headache and groaned. However, at the same time, his entire body began to tremble like an aspen due to the overwhelming shock.

Winter's low voice came from overhead.

"You can change it like this."

"... No. That can't be possible." 

He couldn't raise his head. He didn't want to see it with his own eyes.

He felt like he was falling into hell. His whole body sank into the bottomless abyss.

"Absolutely not. No..."

It wasn't his voice. Violet's always calm voice trembled with Winter's fluctuating emotions.

Winter's hand was clawing at his bare neck like he was experiencing phantom pain. This was all a dream and fake. It had to be that way.

Please. It had to be that way.

At that time, his body was wrapped in arms and he felt slightly dizzy. When their bodies returned to normal, Violet was in his arms.

Winter, lost in thought, knelt down on the floor and saw Violet sitting on a chair looking down at him. 

Violet found this moment funny. She bent down and whispered in a voice of joy to her husband, who was motionless as if he had died as he looked at her. 

"I told you. It's easy."



Previous            Next

Comments