TVTLQ - Chapter 151

TVTLQ - Chapter 151

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Am I dreaming now?

Nathaniel said he used medicine on me. I wonder if I'm hallucinating as a side effect.

Otherwise, how...

I couldn't make any sound.

It was like I had forgotten how to breathe.

It felt like if I made even the slightest noise, the person in front of me would disappear like a mirage.

When his hand touched my cheek, I finally realized that what I was seeing was real.

The cloth covering my mouth was loosened.

Hot tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Are you okay?!"

Are you really Dominic?

I didn't even realize I was crying.

I was so surprised. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Dominic took me out of the box.

Then he cut the ropes that were binding me with a sharp dagger.

The trapped body was set free.

"Miss Rosenia, can you hear me now? Can you come to your senses? There is no time. We need to escape quickly....."

"I missed you."

Suddenly, my inner thoughts came out.

Mr. Dominic, who was urgently looking at me, stopped.

Now is not the time to say such sentimental things.

But my mouth had already betrayed my will.

"I really missed you. When Dominic appears in my dreams, I don't want to wake up."

“Rosenia.”

"It's really Dominic."

I want to feel and see if I'm looking at something in vain.

My hands were shaking and I couldn't move them properly.

He twisted his face and hugged me.

The familiar body temperature proved his presence.

Really, it's real, not fake.

"I, I regretted it."

I was filled with emotions.

"Because you're someone I can't hold on to. Because once I find out where you went, I don't think I'll be able to let you go again. So I thought I should give up in the first place. I deliberately turned my head away and pretended not to notice. I thought I could hold out like that."

Tears flowed again.

"I guess I'm really stupid. I know the situation is serious right now. Well, I know very well that I don't have time for this. Still. I can't stop talking. I feel like Dominic will just disappear if I stop talking, hmm."

"It's okay Rosenia. Breathe."

He patted my back gently.

"Everything will be okay."

I cried in his arms for a long time. 

I didn't want to cry like an idiot like this.

I couldn't help but feel like the other person's warm body was comforting me.

How long has it been like that?

Through my vision blurred by tears, the scene of where I was finally began to come into view. It was a room with huge boxes stacked on top of each other.

Maybe I was on top of the box so I couldn't escape.

A dim candle hanging on the wall was the only source of light in the room.

There was one window, but it was all blocked with nailed wooden boards.

As I was looking around, I heard a friendly voice overhead.

"Have you calmed down a little?"

Instead of answering out loud, I nodded slowly.

He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Fortunately. I was worried."

"But how is Dominic here?"

After my trembling heart calmed down, I had a question.

Why is Dominic, who left the capital, here and by my side?

Because I had terrible suspicions about Dominic, I was both happy and anxious about his appearance.

Dominic whispered, wiping the corners of my red eyes.

"I didn't come alone. There are knights outside waiting for the signal to enter."

"Knights?"

"When Rosenia went missing, a search party was formed. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince takes this matter seriously and has provided a knight corps under his direct command to investigate, and Duke Altemir is leading the search in support of this."

"Ah..."

"I had some business to do with the festival and returned to the capital briefly when I heard about your disappearance. Rosenia disappeared and I thought I couldn't go back."

He trailed off.

"It's a whopping four days. The time it took to find Rosenia. You have no idea how much my heart has been broken during this time."

According to Dominic, I was unconscious for four days.

Damn, Nathaniel!

He literally poured drugs on me without even having the courage to take care of it.

"This is an old building mainly used by wandering mercenaries. We narrowed our investigation to the conclusion that you were trapped in this building, but we couldn't move quickly because we weren't sure. There was a possibility that the opponent might take Rosenia hostage. Therefore, I infiltrated alone first."

He looked around the room.

"It seems like they were trying to move Rosenia to a foreign country with contraband. I checked and found that everything inside was drugs."

"..."

"I'm glad I found you before it was too late."

His hand holding me trembled. Like a child who had a scary nightmare.

However, there was still one thing I wanted to ask him.

"Mr. Dominic."

“Yes, Rosenia.”

"Is there anything else you haven't explained to me?"

Is that all you just told me?

Other than that, there is nothing else to hide from me.

The hand holding him gained strength.

I stared at Mr. Dominic.

I wish I could tell you directly that the doubts that persist in my mind even after hearing his explanation are all just a terrible imagination.

His uvula moved up and down loudly.

After a while, he said. 

"No, nothing."

"Yes, got it."

That's it.

Dominic said he had nothing to hide from me and I decided to believe him.

I still had many questions, but I buried them all deep in my heart. I didn't want to doubt him anymore.

I was too tired to continue doubting.

For now, I wanted to focus on the fact that he saved me and that we were reunited.

"Dominic, it was my brother Nathaniel who drugged me and kidnapped me."

Having decided to trust him, I revealed the identity of the culprit without hesitation.

I expressed my will to no longer protect Nathaniel as a family member.

This incident has gone beyond what I can turn a blind eye to.

"And the person who provided the means and means to kidnap me was Princess Montrose."

"Did you just say Montrose? Is he the Duke of Montrose?"

"Nathaniel said it himself. Miss Estelle helped him."

The belief is that it is not related to the characters of the original work. Now I admit that that's my stubbornness.

Estelle was hostile to me, and that fact was clearly revealed through this incident.

Moreover, the drugs used to kidnap me and are still loaded around me to be smuggled.

"They were already planning to send me to the abyss even before the festival."

It seems that the drugs that were distributed mixed with the products I delivered to Maurice are what I am seeing right now.

"You said earlier that this is a building used by mercenaries."

"Yes, that's right."

I recalled the hidden report I saw in Calix's office.

The report stated that those distributing drugs in the recent empire mainly hire gypsies and mercenaries.

The angle that fit perfectly revealed that the real culprit of the whole incident was Estelle.

Dominic's face darkened, perhaps because the presence of the culprit I had revealed was unexpected.

"Montrose won't admit the truth."

"We have to make them admit it."

Why did Estelle think of using Nathaniel?

I swear it will be the most fatal and painful mistake she's ever made.

"I have a way. A way to make sure the other person never gets away with this."

"I understand for now. Let's escape here first and then we'll talk."

He got up and instead of going back through the door he had sneaked through, he started stacking the boxes in the room in front of him. It's like putting up a barricade to prevent anyone from entering.

After the work was finished, he went to the window and removed the wooden plank that had been nailed on.

The window frame was shattered and the dark sky was visible beyond the old window.

I thought the sky seemed closer somehow. Listening to Dominic's story, it seems I was trapped on the third floor of the building.

Mr. Dominic opened the window, which was squeaking because of rust, and shot something through the window.

"I have sent a signal that I have found you, and the knights will arrive soon."

That was when I nodded.

"This place!"

Suddenly, we heard a small noise outside the room we were in.

Startled, I looked up at Mr. Dominic.

He took out a dagger and raised his index finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet.

Soon a clear sound of speech was heard.

"You didn't do anything, so why are you meddling now?"

A high-pitched voice that could be said to belong to a man.

It was Estelle.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments