TVTLQ - Chapter 145

TVTLQ - Chapter 145

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




Rexed has been in a very bad mood lately.

If we were to investigate the cause, it was a rumor that had recently created an uproar in the capital.

"Duke Altemir and Lady Pierre have become lovers."

"Well, I heard the Duke was chasing her around like that. I think the woman is incredibly beautiful."

"That too, but actually...."

It was just one of the common dating rumors, but the rumor about the two people caught on and spread quickly.

The fact that they were high-ranking nobles who were envied by the general public and that the two had been competing and fighting over top-ranking work for the past year must have caught people's attention.

Rosenia was even more famous for surpassing the eldest son in her family to become the head of the upper class.

How amazing is it that you were chosen as the number one person you want to be like by a women's weekly magazine?

The successful love story of a talented woman and a Duke who admired and courted her touched the hearts of many.

Except Rexed.

"You two are dating?"

The first feeling he had was discomfort.

He felt as if he had been abandoned.

There has never been a time in his life when he wasn't someone's number one priority.

Rosenia made that exception.

"You said you liked me, but then you changed your mind like this?"

Until now, Rosenia has been obedient to Rexed.

He was even satisfied because it seemed like an attitude of reflecting on the past and asking for forgiveness.

She seemed pretty nice, to the point where he thought it would be a good idea to think differently.

However, he was abandoned like a sacrifice.

"Could it be that Calix was talking about the ring?"

The existence of the enchanted ring is an absolute secret, so he told him to not reveal the truth, but did Calix break that?

That may be why Rosenia found out that the man she was seeing was Calix and the two became lovers. Again.

"What on earth happened?"

Rexed became frustrated and immediately called Calix.

However, Calix postponed entering the palace because he was busy, saying that he had almost succeeded in finding the real culprit of the Dostic collapse incident. But in reality, Rexed hears news that he is going on a date with Rosenia every day.

In the end, the anger built up so much that Rexed personally went to his office to catch him.

"Calix!"

Without hiding the anger in his voice, he opened the office door.

However, when he arrived, there was a completely different person in Calix's office.

"Your Highness...? How come here?"

Rosenia, who was standing in front of the bookshelf, widened her eyes, probably surprised by his sudden visit. Rexed, who had entered with great vigor, hesitated at the sight of the opponent looking like a frightened rabbit.

Of course, he came here today to strongly argue with Calix.

Ironically, the moment he encountered Rosenia, all his troubled thoughts disappeared in an instant.

Instead, his heart raced.

Thump, thump. 

A bit fast but powerful.

The moment Rexed realized that fact, he became angry.

Why is he so excited for Rosenia?

He had no idea how to express this distorted feeling.

***

I was surprised because I thought the person who opened the door was Calix.

The person who appeared out of nowhere was Rexed.

I naturally moved away from the bookshelf.

Fortunately, Rexed didn't seem to notice anything strange about me.

Well, there's no way Rexed would know Calix's secret location.

"Are you here to see the Duke?"

I quickly changed the subject before he got interested.

Rexed, whose face was somewhat dazed, suddenly came to his senses and spoke.

"Yes. I have to ask you now."

"Yes? What...."

"Are you really dating Calix?"

It seems like the rumor has definitely spread. So much so that even Rexed came to ask about it.

Since the Crown Prince knew about it, it would have naturally reached the Emperor's ears as well, right?

It seemed like it wouldn't be long before I would have the Erendis Hotel in my hands.

Feeling better, I smiled softly and acted.

"Yes. That's how it happened."

"Why?"

He questioned.

I spouted out a lie that I have now become insensitive to by reciting it so many times.

"Because I fell in love with the Duke."

Rexed frowned as if he was offended.

I smiled softly.

I'm embarrassed to tell you in detail. Didn't the Duke explain this to you?"

"Not at all."

"Um, was that so?"

Why didn't Calix talk about it when he and Rexed are friends?

I was a little surprised, but it wasn't something I cared about.

I said this intending to kick him out.

"The Duke left a little while ago because something urgent happened. He's probably somewhere in the company. So first of all...."

"Everyone, please leave. And when you find Calix, bring him to me."

"Yes!"

I tried to tell him to go out and look for him, but he cut me off sooner.

After receiving Rexed's instructions, his servants and knights responded loudly and went out.

Suddenly, I was left alone in the office with Rexed.

'It seems like the atmosphere has calmed down a bit.'

He seems strangely angry.

Just when I felt a bit ominous, he came toward me with long strides.

I wanted to avoid him, but there was no place to avoid it in the office.

Rexed asked me as we got closer. 

"Why?"

"Yes...?"

"Why did you suddenly change your mind?"

I noticed that he was talking about Rosenia's past.

Does it still sound like that?

I think I've told him many times that I'm not interested in him anymore.

"I'm so sick of it."

I decided today to completely dismantle Rexed.

"The Duke treated me kindly and liked me a lot, so I started to open my heart."

“Ha, Calix?”

"He is a romantic person, the Duke."

"Did you confess that you loved me with a heart that could change so easily?"

"Your Highness, that was a long time ago..."

"You have to tell me you like me."

He cut me off.

Even the content was absurd.

Just as my expression was about to harden, he grabbed my wrist.

A moan filled with pain came out.

"Ugh."

"Yes. That is right."

"Your Highness, my wrist...."

"If you marry me, you can become the future Empress. You can become someone that all the people of the empire praise. Don't you want it?"

Empress and all, please let go of my wrist first!

It felt like physiological tears would come out from the merciless grip.

The crazy man was revealing to me an obsession that should only be shown to Estelle.

The brilliantly shining purple eyes had already gone crazy.

'Why on earth are you doing this?'

An instinctive fear surged through me as the atmosphere grew more dangerous by the minute.

It was then.

"Your Majesty the Crown Prince!"

A shout rang out from the door.

Rexed and I turned our heads at the same time.

Calix was at the door with his eyes wide open.

"What are you doing now?"

His breathing was heavy as if he had jumped.

He approached me with long strides and removed Rexed's hand that was holding my wrist.

Then he immediately hid me behind his back.

The moment a large light filled my field of vision. Ironically, I felt relief.

The feeling that he would protect me. It was a feeling I didn't want to admit.

"Haaa. What were you doing?"

Rexed laughed as if it was ridiculous.

"What is the Duke doing like that? Didn't you say you were busy catching the real culprits? But it turns out that you just hang out with her every day. And with Pierre."

"Please tell me your complaints about me. Don't get angry at others. What on earth is this?"

He glanced at my wrist.

The area where Rexed had grabbed it was red and swollen.

For a moment, a fire appeared in Calix's eyes.

"Did you even hurt her?"

"Don't worry about her, Duke."

"How can I not care. I am Miss Rosenia's lover. And you have hurt her."

"Your lover..."

"So are you complaining to me now?"

"What a great love."

Rexed looked back and forth between me and Calix and scolded us coldly. 

"It must be a great love to meet each other even after knowing all the facts."

"What do you mean you know everything?"

And the moment I heard the other person's words, I had no choice but to step forward.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments