TVTLQ - Chapter 146

TVTLQ - Chapter 146

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I didn't understand what Rexed said.

Is there a secret in my relationship with Calix that would merit the evaluation that I am 'amazing'?

I wondered if he was referring to the things that Calix had done to hinder my business so far, but it felt strangely strange to actually accept it that way.

These are not facts that came to light belatedly, but things I already knew and experienced myself.

"Miss Rosenia, please step back."

Calix pushed me back again as if trying to protect me.

But I saw it.

His face was stiffened uncomfortably.

"What.....?"

Rexed muttered incredulously and crossed his arms crookedly..

"It looks like you followed my instructions perfectly, right?"

"Your Highness. I will take you separately. Let's go out first."

"Pierre, aren't you curious about what Calix is hiding?"

"Your Highness the Crown Prince!"

Calix screamed softly, but Rexed paid no attention.

Before I knew it, Rexed had pushed him away and came closer to me, whispering like a snake.

"Stop acting like this and take my hand."

"..."

"I mean, tell me you love me like you always do. Then I will look upon you favorably. I'll tell you everything you're curious about."

"What is the Duke hiding?"

"Yes. It would be better for you to hold my hand too. Calix is definitely not a good man."

But Rexed wasn't a good man either.

Even now, my wrist, where he had grabbed me, was red and swollen.

Was it just swelling? It's even annoying. 

'At least Calix never used violence against me.'

He always behaved politely.

Even though he always competed and argued with me about things at the top, he never brought it into personal territory.

If Calix had been truly petty, a dogfight would have already broken out.

'For example, using one's position in the social world to completely ruin m' reputation, or having someone harm me."

There are endless ways to think of it right now.

But Calix did not do that, and in that respect, it was better than the Rexed in front of me.

"Your Highness, please stop."

Calix grabbed Rexed's shoulder.

His wildly raised eyebrows told me that he was very angry right now.

"Now Your Highness is threatening Miss Rosenia.”

"What a scare. I am suggesting a way to live."

"Your Highness, are you speaking to Miss Rosenia? After you get your hands on it, aren't you going to abandon it again because your interest has waned?"

"What does the Duke know that makes him confident that I would? And take this hand away."

Rexed shook off Calix's hand that was on his shoulder.

But Calix did not let go of Rexed's shoulder. As if he was certain that Rexed would harm me if he left it alone.

"You...!"

Rexed growled at Calix's disrespectful attitude.

The two men glared at each other fiercely.

I couldn't bear to get involved in the imminent, bloody atmosphere.

It was a moment when each guard knight nervously raised his hand to his sword.

"Your Highness, were you here?"

A cheerful voice that did not fit the situation rang throughout the room.

The person who appeared with light steps, as if he had just gone for a walk, was none other than Icarus.

There was a crowd of knights standing at the entrance to the office, but he didn't care.

He naturally passed them by and burst inside, letting out an exclamation.

"Ohh."

Icarus glanced at the two people confronting each other.

He raised the corners of his mouth as if in amusement, then quickly approached and took off Calix's hand that was holding Rexed's shoulder.

Then, he put his arm around Rexed's shoulder instead.

"Ugh."

The Rexed stumbled for a moment, perhaps because the weight was intentionally applied.

Just as he was about to get annoyed, Icarus interrupted him first.

"I found it. I have something important to report. We decided to move together, but what if you leave first?"

"Master, I have something else to do now..."

"It's really urgent. I found traces of those who dared to get on Your Highness's nerves. If you don't go now, you'll be late!"

Icarus, who was running around, made all kinds of fuss to distract Rexed, and eventually succeeded in dragging him out of the office.

It was no secret that he winked before leaving the office.

When all the people who had gathered disappeared, the room suddenly became quiet.

At the same time, Calix suddenly approached me.

"Are you okay? Please show me your wrist."

Without saying anything, I showed him my wrist. Red marks remained clearly on the white skin.

Calix gritted his teeth.

"I'll get a doctor right away."

"Before that, I want to ask you something."

"Miss Rosenia, let's get treatment first."

"What does His Highness the Crown Prince mean? What is the Duke hiding from me?"

Calix's body trembled.

I stared at him.

He said without taking his eyes off my wrist.

"I'm saying that I tried to find a fake lover to avoid marrying the royal family."

"I didn't think he meant it that way."

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince has very strong pride as a member of the royal family. However, since I am acting against the will of the imperial family, he turned his arrow on Miss Rosenia to relieve his anger."

He gently brushed my wrist.

It felt a little sore when touched.l by another person's hand as if it was really a bruise.

"He is dangerous, so please do not get close to His Highness the Crown Prince from now on. Especially when you're alone. I'll be around, but you'd better be careful."

Calix was worried about me and whispered sweetly, but to me, it felt like he was trying to avoid answering.

It was ominous.

It felt like the worst situation I wanted to avoid was approaching me.

***

The imperial palace is a luxurious cage.

But Estelle thought that if it was the same cage anyway, it would be better if it was more flashy.

"So, your daughter-in-law is confronting me and saying she can't live like this, right? No matter how much kids say they have become more assertive these days, I am really embarrassed and want to......."

Today Estelle attended a reading club run by the Emperor's older sister, the Marchioness Herne.

It was already her third time attending.

Because the host was older, most of the attendees were older.

Therefore, although the content of the conversation was old and boring, Estelle did not show it and acted like a true lady.

"What do you think, Miss Montrose? I want to hear what young people these days think."

"There is a reason why the sky is so high. However, I feel very sorry that there are people who do not know this and act rashly."

Sometimes she gives them answers that suit their tastes.

There was only one reason why she continued to attend this extremely boring event.

Of the two men, Calix and Rexed, the route was taken towards the Crown Prince, so the intention was to attack the area around him.

In particular, Marquis Herne had a strong position within the imperial family and was the person who could provide the greatest help to Estelle, who dreamed of marrying the Crown Prince.

So what can she do if she's bored?

Estelle has no choice but to endure it.

"Now that I think about it, it's already a summer festival."

Estelle smiled softly and changed the subject.

"Since the festival will last for a week, will next week's meeting be postponed?"

"I see."

"But I guess I can see you at the imperial banquet. This time it's really big, right? Because Princess Penelope brought us good news."

Marquis Herne nodded at what the other Lady said.

The women all started talking.

"I was worried because Her Highness was in poor health when she was young, but I am so glad."

"Everyone is blessed by the imperial family. I hope that a healthy child will be born."

"The Princess who got married earlier gave us such good news, so the next wedding will be held soon. I guess the crown prince will be next, right?"

"I wonder which Lady will be His Highness the Crown Prince's mate. Will he marry a Princess from a foreign country like Her Highness the Princess?"

"Perhaps it could be our Princess Montrose here."

A woman who was friendly with Estelle praised her.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments