TVTLQ - Chapter 144

TVTLQ - Chapter 144

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The rumor that I had started dating Calix spread very quickly. It happened so quickly that I wondered if people had been waiting for just this moment.

'I wandered around so much that it was strange that I didn't know anything....'

After we started dating, Calix came to visit me every day and took me to new places every time. He never left my side for a moment.

At first, I felt burdened by the thought that his acting was meant to portray the appearance of a sweet lover. But as time passed, I began to feel a little different.

'I feel like he's trying to protect me somehow.'

Is it because of a small accident that occurred at the theater?

He was very sensitive to my safety.

When someone approaches me, he takes the initiative to stop them and ask them why they approached me.

If there was a situation where I had to be away even for a moment, he would assign at least two knights to guard me.

Just looking at his attitude, it seemed as if he was treating me like a child who had been thrown into the water.

He thinks that if he doesn't watch me, I will get into an accident at any moment.

'There's no need to do this.'

At the theater, I was so shocked that I tried to leave as quickly as possible and made a mistake.

I suddenly remembered Calix's neck turning bright red at my comment about confinement. The sound of his heart as he breathed a sigh of relief after barely catching me when I fell backward.

I quickly shook my head.

I wanted to erase the events of that day from my memory as much as possible. It was a strange feeling because Calix at that time felt as if he really cared for me.

"I'm sorry, Miss Rosenia."

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sudden sound of his voice,.When I looked up, I saw Calix organizing documents with an embarrassed expression.

"I will finish quickly so as not to be late for my restaurant reservation. Please wait a minute."

"Take your time."

I smiled and drank my tea.

You can do it as slowly as you want. I'd be happy to stay here all day today.

I finally entered Calix's office, the core of the Alter Company that I was aiming for. The festival starts in two days, so it will be a hectic time.

For a while, it seemed like he stayed up all night to take care of everything because he was meeting with me during the day, but he must have finally reached his limit and today he took me to the store. Originally, I had to be this busy too.

But with Calix stealing my big catch, I became relatively free.

Sigh.

Because my hand was so strong, the cookie I was holding broke in half.

I put down the broken cookie, picked up a new one, and quietly watched him, the culprit behind everything.

Calix read and signed the document very quickly. It was so fast that I wondered if I was reading it properly.

After concentrating for a while, he rolled the fountain pen around in his hand.

"Huh?"

At that moment, I was overcome by an inexplicable feeling of déjà vu.

Today is definitely the first time I see Calix working. But somehow, his appearance felt familiar now.

And I soon found out why.

'Dominic used to turn his pen like that.'

There was a time when I thought it was quite surprising that a person who looked as calm as a model student could turn a pen at a high level.

One day, when I asked him why. Dominic said this.

'When I was young. I used to compete with my friends to see who was better at it, and that's because what I practiced back then became a habit.'

In fact, turning a pen is something anyone can do. It's not particularly special.

But why?

The image of Calix turning the fountain pen remained in my mind.

It was time for me to keep watching him.

"Duke, I'm going in."

There was a knock on the door and an employee came inside. The other person noticed me walked closer to Calix and whispered something.

Calix's frown frowned slightly.

Soon after the employee left again, Calix spoke to me.

"I'm sorry. Miss Rosenia. I think I need to leave for a while......."

"It's okay!"

Without realizing it, I ended up showing off that I was very happy. I cleared my throat loudly.

"You must be busy. I will be waiting."

"Thank you for your understanding. I will tell the staff so you can look around the office while you wait."

"No. I'll just stay here."

I shook my head firmly.

"If I, an outsider, were to roam around the chamber as I please, the employees would feel uncomfortable. Right now, I'm the Duke's partner, but I'm also the owner of another merchant."

"Sorry. Then, I'll be back soon. If you need anything, please ask the knights waiting outside to order it."

"Yes, please come back."

I waved my hand and saw him off. And when Calix finally left the office, I smiled in remorse. 

"Then, should I try harvesting now?

I should get some of the money for my trouble pretending to be Calix's fake lover. I first approached the desk where

Calix was working. There were documents he was signing scattered across the desk. For the most part, it was information I already knew, so there was nothing of great significance.

"Well, if it was really important things, Calix wouldn't have just left them like this."

I only took a look at it out of courtesy.

After taking my gaze off the desk, I turned around and headed to the bookshelf on the left. The bookshelf filled with thick books was plain and ordinary. But there's a secret here.

"It's great to know the original work."

After muttering to myself, I pulled down the green book in the middle of the third compartment from the top twice.

Next, a book with a red cover. Then I pulled the green book down twice again.

Click.

There was the sound of a lock opening.

After checking the door to see if Calix would come back. I quickly opened the secret space on the bookshelf. As expected, the documents were there as I expected.

It's so top secret that it can't be compared to anything out there.

"Bingo."

I began to quickly flip through the documents and read the contents quickly. I had to get as much information as possible before Calix came.

However, while I was reading frantically for a while, I came across a document with unusual content.

"This....."

It was not related to the Alter Company.

It was a report on the correlation between the increasing number of kidnapping cases within the empire and the rapidly increasing number of drug distribution arrests.

'This is information that did not appear in the original work."

Since it was a short novel whose main content was the passionate love between the female and male leads, such details about the country's current situation were not mentioned.

Since it is a topic that is not directly related to me and I do not have time at the moment, I had to skip over the document. However, the date written in the report, when the other person's actions were first revealed, caught my attention.

"This is the day I was possessed...."

The first thing I did after being possessed by the novel was to check what day it was. I need to know at what point I was possessed so I can prepare for the future.

Thanks to this, I remembered the date of my possession very accurately. However, I saw that date in the documents that Calix had.

"..."

Feeling uneasy, I started reading the report.

-They act as a group, but their solidarity is weak, and it is understood that they move through temporary contracts to pursue profits. They mainly hire gypsies and wandering mercenaries.......

The names of Calix, Rexed, and Icarus were often mentioned in the report.

Not as a villain who commits a crime, but as a person who follows in their footsteps. However, what I was curious about was why the day their identities were first revealed was the day I became possessed.

As I was turning to the next page, I heard footsteps outside the door.

'Is it Calix?!'

Startled, I hurriedly put together the report.

I quickly put the document I was reading back in its original place and manipulated the book in the opposite order compared to when I opened the secret space.

"Please quickly......"

The moment I finally succeeded in closing the secret space in the bookshelf my hands shook from impatience.

The closed office door burst open.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments