TVTLQ - Chapter 143

TVTLQ - Chapter 143

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Calix was gently covering the lenses of the opera glasses I was holding with his palm. So that nothing can be seen beyond the lens.

"What are you doing?"

I was momentarily dumbfounded and asked him.

Calix withdrew his hand as if embarrassed.

"It's nothing."

"No, the Duke just put on opera glasses..."

"Oh, the scene has changed now. Now, it looks like the past history of the two main characters is beginning."

He noticeably changed the subject.

Then he turned his body towards the stage as if to tell him not to talk because he was going to concentrate.

I clicked my tongue inwardly. He did strange things himself. But I didn't want to pay any more attention to him, so I ignored him and lifted my opera glasses again.

It was time for me to find the male protagonist of the play.

My vision darkened again.

The culprit was once again Calix. I eventually protested to him.

"What on earth are you doing now? I can't watch the play."

He twitched his lips as if he were embarrassed, and then asked me back in a formal tone.

"Is there a need to wear opera glasses?"

"Yes. Because I want to take a closer look."

"Who are you trying to look at so closely?"

"The male protagonist. People said the actor was so good-looking, so I'm going to take a look."

"It's not possible."

"Why?"

Calix, who hesitated for a while and opened his mouth, finally spoke.

"I'm Miss Rosenia's lover, aren't I? I don't think any man would welcome it when his lover gives attention to another man."

For a moment, I rolled my eyes because I couldn't understand what he said. So, Calix just got jealous because I gave attention to a male actor...

I leaned closer to him and lowered my voice to whisper.

"Duke."

"Yes."

"Why are you like this? There's no one around right now."

Calix's brow twitched.

"Isn't acting in front of people enough?

"... Yes. However, I think that you have to make it a habit daily to be able to be persuasive when actually acting."

"It seems like you've already done enough without practicing, Duke. And although I can't say I'm as excellent an actor as the Duke, I won't let my acting hold you back. I also have something I want to receive." 

Why am I doing this in the first place?

This is all because of the Erendis Hotel.

I dropped my body back and said to him with a grin.

"So now, I would like you to stop joking around so I can focus on the play."

"But please give me the opera glasses."

"Duke, are you really going to keep doing this?"

"What is the reason Miss Rosenia is so obsessed with that actor? Did you fall in love at first sight? Do you like men wearing glasses?"

"It's good to take a closer look since we're already here."

"I'm more handsome than that actor. I've never heard of someone who can't even sing. So, please look at my face."

It was a surprising statement. I can't believe he can say those things himself.

All my curiosity about the male actor's face was blown away. That's how surprising Calix's remarks were.

'Of course, Calix was handsome.'

The actor on stage was the male protagonist of a small play, but the person in front of me was the male protagonist of the world in the novel I was possessing. This means that the weight classes are different.

'On the way here today, people kept looking at Calix every time he passed by.'

I heard people whispering to me several times that he was handsome c.

No, but what does that matter now?

"Duke, we are here to see the play."

I spoke rather stiffly.

"But the Duke keeps interrupting me. Does it make sense for you to watch a play without seeing the actors? It was the Duke who made the schedule to come to see today's performance in the first place."

"If I had known that Miss Rosenia would only focus on that male actor and not me, I would have made a different choice."

"People don't get suspicious of our fraudulent relationship just because I look at the actor. And right now, everyone is watching the stage and won't be interested in us. So let's stop arguing now and watch the play together. Like a couple who has just started dating. Okay?"

"That seems difficult."

"What else don't you like?"

"How can I give attention to another woman when Miss Rosenia is here?"

"Duke, you're making fun of me."

I raised my eyebrows crookedly.

"Our contract was to act in a way that would make it look like we were lovers who were so friendly that even His Majesty the Emperor would approve, not to act like lovers even when no one was looking."

So, please stop behaving in a way that doesn't suit you. Are you going to keep doing this for a month?

Then I guess I won't be able to live up to my name. I understand that he wants to avoid marrying into the imperial family. I also understood that I had to act appropriately as a fake lover to achieve that goal.

However, if I had to act sweetly even in moments like this where I could avoid people's attention, I would be so suffocated that I wouldn't be able to survive.

'I can't do this.'

In the end, I came up with special measures.

I need to let Calix know how frustrated and cringing I am right now. 

"Duke."

I stood up slightly.

Calix must have thought I was leaving the balcony seat and hurriedly got up. But I didn't go out. Instead, I approached Calix. I put my right knee on the empty seat right next to where he sat and leaned slightly. As if trying to climb above Calix.

Only then did embarrassment pass over the face of Calix, who had been acting shamelessly all along.

“Miss Rosenia?”

"Shh."

When I put my index finger to my lips and signaled him to be quiet, he immediately shut up.

'Do we really have to do this?"

No, if you persevere, peace will come. Let's hold on just this once.

"Of course, I know that the Duke is handsome."

I lightly smoothed Calix's hair with my fingertips. I was a little surprised that it felt softer than I expected.

"The eyebrows are dark, and the eyes are the color of the deep blue sea."

The hand that was smoothing his hair slowly came down.

"The lines are thick and refreshing. It looks like dimples appear when you smile, so it's pretty."

Calix flinched when someone else's hand touched his cheek.

I touched his ear very lightly with my fingertip. I intentionally made it feel more ticklish and breathtaking.

"I want to lock you up somewhere. I want to hide you deep in a dungeon so no one can find you. That's why I make you only look at me and cling to me."

The last remark was similar to the line Calix said to Estelle in the original work. For your information, Estelle was scared when she heard this line and ran away.

'I wish Calix would do the same and stay away from me.'

With those thoughts in mind. I uttered the last words and stood up. Now all that's left is to smile brightly and warn him to follow the contract.

"How is it? It's burdensome, right? So stop now..."

But I couldn't finish my sentence.

Because Calix's face below me was bright red as if he was about to burst. He opened his mouth like a goldfish. He raised his large hand and repeatedly stroked his face. As if he was embarrassed.

And this was definitely not the reaction I wanted.

"I'm asking you to be careful because it's such a burden."

I was embarrassed and quickly got up from my seat. But at that moment, I lost my footing and my body tilted backward.

“Miss Rosenia!”

Just before I fell over the second-floor balcony, Calix managed to catch me. When I came to, I was sitting on the floor, almost in Calix's arms.

"Are you okay?!"

Busy eyes looked at me.

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

The light-hearted look that seemed like he was teasing me was gone, and he was in front of me with an extremely serious attitude.

I nodded slowly.

"I'm okay."

"Ha, thank goodness....."

He suddenly lowered his head.

The sound of a heart could be heard from the bodies close together.

A sound that beats irregularly and quickly and can only be heard when one is truly startled.

That heartbeat wasn't mine. And it wasn't the kind of thing I could understand.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments