TVTLQ - Chapter 138

TVTLQ - Chapter 138

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was eventually ushered into the reception room.

While some people were seething inside, Calix, the culprit behind everything, looked very relaxed.

He left all the servants and maids behind and began preparing tea himself.

"Please eat. This is black tea gifted by Her Majesty the Empress. The finish is clean and will suit your taste."

'Drink this yourself!'

The water-sprinkling scene that often appears in makjang dramas flashed through my mind, but I took a deep breath and controlled my mind.

Because I put so much effort into my hand, my fingers that were intertwined turned completely white.

I opened my mouth in a stern voice.

"Duke, I will tell you in advance. I came today as the representative of Pierre Merchant to tell you an uncomfortable story."

"The refreshment we prepared together was a tart made with lemons produced in the Etilia region. I prepared this because I remembered something you liked before. Or even the cookies here....""

"Duke Callx Altemir!"

It wasn't until I called his full name that the other person focused on me.

No, but why does he look happy?

"Did you eat something wrong for breakfast?"

Why on earth is this happening?

After directly confirming Maurice's intention to terminate the contract, I did not go straight to Calix.

If my partner gave me the worst gift, I had to return it perfectly.

'Because I think that way my insides will feel refreshed."

I immediately looked for court precedents similar to what I had experienced.

Indeed, Calix had done something similar to what he was doing before.

Each time, the court ruled in favor of Calix and Alter Company.

The reason was that the products supplied by Alter Trading Company were cheaper and of higher quality, thus stabilizing the market and contributing to social welfare, so this could not be considered an act of sabotage.

Rather, it was judged that the other party was enjoying unfair profits by taking advantage of its monopoly position.

'The key point is that it contributes to market stability."

Even though it was Alter Company, the higher-ups could not tolerate all of the behavior that was tantamount to gangsterism. They also needed appropriate justification.

The reason I chose it was to stabilize the market. So I wrote a complaint with exactly the opposite content.

The content was, that Alter Trading Company is disrupting market order through reckless expansion and is making life difficult for the people by encouraging price rises ahead of the festival!

However, I did not rush to the court immediately after writing the complaint.

In my heart, I wanted to throw the mace right away, but realistically. there was a high possibility that the trial would take place after the festival was over.

Then I'll have to pass on this festival without getting anything.

That can't be possible. I decided to use this complaint as an excuse to have a final negotiation with Calix.

"We will sue Alter Company for obstruction of business and request a trial."

"Why?"

"Didn't the Alter Company abuse its market-dominant position to take away a contractor that had already signed a contract with the Pierre Company and engage in blatant sabotage? This is clearly a worrying practice that reduces diversity in the market."

"You see it that way."

Calix nodded slowly.

I was infuriated by his naturally virtuous attitude.

"The Duke appears to be confident in the trial."

"Alter Company has never lost a case."

"Even in the International Court of Justice?"

Only then did a change occur in Calix's expression.

Unlike the domestic court, the influence of Calix is bound to decrease in the International Court of Justice.

In addition, if he loses, all international trade becomes impossible for at least 6 months and up to 3 years.

This means you will be at a huge disadvantage.

All the more so because Borsha's new port will soon emerge as a center for international trade.

'Furthermore, the current judge of the International Court of Justice is from the Kingdom of Borsha.'

Since it was an institution created to mediate the fight between a powerful empire and surrounding small countries, the judges were always selected from weak countries.

And Borsha is a very strong friend to me.

'Anyway, even if I apply for a domestic trial, Calix will not be at a clear disadvantage if I win.'

If that's the case, I'll make a complete mess not just at home but abroad.

"We've already sent someone. In a week, it will be time for the person I sent to arrive at the International Court of Justice and complete the submission."

Although I haven't sent anyone yet, they bluffed to put pressure on their opponent.

Somehow, the more I deal with Calix, the more lies I feel.

"But..."

Calix turned to me.

"If the Duke nullifies all contracts even now and pledges not to repeat the same act in the future, I won't go that far."

Of course, it would be nice to file for a trial and take a hit at Calix.

But that joy arrives too slowly for me. The festival will be held in two weeks.

If the product cannot be delivered, all the items prepared in advance are piled up in inventory and all are treated as expenses.

This means that there is a loss at the top.

And that's all?

At best, he overthrew his father and became the owner of a merchant.

However, it was clear that if I threw away the first and biggest event that I held after becoming the owner of the top, there would be talk about my qualifications at the top. How else can I look at that?

It is better to negotiate somehow, even if it means giving up a little.

If Calix goes to trial with me, we'll both suffer the same loss.

I calmly waited for the other person's answer.

Although I was a mess on the inside, it didn't show on the outside.

After taking a sip of tea, Calix finally opened his mouth.

"Unfortunately, I don't think I can accept Ms. Rosenia's offer."

I hoped it wouldn't end up in the worst situation.

Calix ultimately chose the all-out way. My stomach was boiling once again.

As the anger toward him reached its peak, the other person continued speaking.

"I'm sorry for taking away Pierre's contract. But there were circumstances here."

"Ha, circumstances."

Is there anyone here who doesn't have any regrets?

"To explain this, there is something I must first say. You will know that the Duke of Altemir is a family of contributors who have been with the Empire since its founding. I actually received many benefits from it, but on the other hand, there were also many obligations that came with it."

I listened to him silently. I was in the mood to listen to some bullshit.

"The royal family donates funds for personal use every year, or if this is difficult, marries the royal family's children and looks after their children. That has been the duty of the Dukes of Altemir for generations. Until now, they have not severely sanctioned me because I earn more money by taking care of the company. But if I don't do enough, His Majesty the Emperor will immediately put shackles on me."

"So?"

Whether or not the Emperor oppresses the opponent in front of me, does not justify Alter Company's unfair business interference.

But then, Calix told a somewhat shocking story.

"The person His Majesty the Emperor has in mind as my partner is the Fifth Princess."

"The 5th Princess?"

"Yes."

"But isn't the Fifth Princess five years old now?"

"I will be engaged to the Princess until she becomes an adult. "I would have been 40 at that time, so how could this be any different from shackling me?"

"..."

"Of course, the engagement may be broken off at that time, but I will have to live a life of service and surveillance as the royal family's prospective son-in-law for the next 15 years."

I frowned.

Even in the original work, it seems like there was a young girl in the imperial family who liked Calix.

It seems to be a minor role, but it has been briefly mentioned in a side story. 

"The life of a high-ranking noble is not easy."

But my impressions end there.

To be honest, I wondered if I knew anything.

Are we talking to friends right now?

We're talking as a representative of the two top companies.

What you need to present in negotiations is not a bizarre story.

All that is required is reasonable financial compensation and a contract promising it.

It was when my heart grew cold. 

"Here. I would like to make a suggesture."

He said with his eyes becoming more serious. 

"Please give the opportunity for this festival to Alter Company. And please do me one more favor. I will pay the price instead." 

"Let me hear it first. What's the price?"

"Alter Company's Erendis Hotel business license. I will hand it over to you."



Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments